Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Dodger Stadium /// When do Trucks Roll in?
Posted by: MicknSteven ()
Date: November 14, 2006 20:53

Hey Guys, when do Trucks roll into dodger Stadium? I am really starting to worry this wont happen, ticket sales are looking as bad as Chicago. You can now get free tickets if you buy tickets from Sit and Sleep Stores, pretty sad if you ask me.

Re: Dodger Stadium /// When do Trucks Roll in?
Date: November 14, 2006 21:21

Oh yeah, also some tickets in F9 on the main floor are now $175.00 not $450.00 they lowered the price due to poor ticket sales.

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: November 14, 2006 22:04

MicknSteven Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh yeah, also some tickets in F9 on the main floor
> are now $175.00 not $450.00 they lowered the price
> due to poor ticket sales.

I just pulled up a block of 12 8th row tickets on Keith's side of the stage... With about a week left to go.

Date: November 14, 2006 22:17

Yeah, I still plan on going but, its going to be pretty empty, pretty depressing, the stones are still making money on this show but they are close to breaking even.

The change od date made a huge difference on Ticket Sales, HUGE, most people returned them.

Date: November 14, 2006 22:20

The Worst part of all is that the there are thousands of seats on the Main Floor, that you can buy without any problem.

Date: November 14, 2006 22:36

MicknSteven Wrote:
> The Worst part of all is that the there are
> thousands of seats on the Main Floor, that you can
> buy without any problem.

No, but see, this is great, because I plan to walk up to the box office on the day of the show wearing something to show myself off to advantage, flash my nice smile, and and ask for a free upgrade of my four pack seats... if it works, do you think I will still get the free shirts? smiling smiley

Date: November 14, 2006 22:43

Sorry to disaponit but U the odds of that happening is slim. I might be mistaken but I belive the tickets for the 4 pak are going to be give at a differnt box office that will not have access to the ticketing system. If you go to the Box office and try ot exchange them after you have picked up your 4 pack, i just dont see it happening. If i were you i would try to get rid of your 4 pack first and try to score some tickets for 99 bucks in teh first ten rows, yesterday they opend up section F9 And F8 in the first ten rows.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: November 14, 2006 22:52

Knew it was a bad idea to book Dodger stadium on Thanksgiving weekend,
Not too many liked the presentation at the last Baseball stadium they just played out here in So. Cal (Angel stadium)

Not a place to enjoy "MUSIC" if that's what your going for.

If your young, want to get drunk/stoned and try to pickup chicks...
that's another story but this isn't the band for that activity...

MLC

Posted by: cali stones fan ()
Date: November 14, 2006 22:59

Would the Stones trucks be pulling in to set up a week in advance? I thought they came in only a couple days before. Especially since they have two shows before this one. I don't think the lack of trucks at this is something to worry about.

Date: November 14, 2006 23:26

MicknSteven Wrote:
> Sorry to disaponit but U the odds of that
> happening is slim. I might be mistaken but I
> belive the tickets for the 4 pak are going to be
> give at a differnt box office that will not have
> access to the ticketing system. If you go to the
> Box office and try ot exchange them after you have
> picked up your 4 pack, i just dont see it
> happening. If i were you i would try to get rid of
> your 4 pack first and try to score some tickets
> for 99 bucks in teh first ten rows, yesterday they
> opend up section F9 And F8 in the first ten rows.

How about exchanging and paying the difference? Do they do that? Also, thought I read somewhere about in CHicago they pulled people out of the nosebleeds and put them on the floor just before the show started... Urban legend?

Date: November 14, 2006 23:30

I dont know about Chicago, if that did happen in chicago that sounds like that would cause a riot. TM will not let you exchnage the tickets, you can always try and see what happens, i hope it works out for you. Just keep checking TM and try and see if you can score some 1st 10 row seats and get rid of your 4 pack its your best bet by getting a refund through tm since the show was moved.

Date: November 14, 2006 23:37

MicknSteven Wrote:
> I dont know about Chicago, if that did happen in
> chicago that sounds like that would cause a riot.
> TM will not let you exchnage the tickets, you can
> always try and see what happens, i hope it works
> out for you. Just keep checking TM and try and see
> if you can score some 1st 10 row seats and get rid
> of your 4 pack its your best bet by getting a
> refund through tm since the show was moved.

Wow, good thinking.... Decisions, decisions!

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: November 15, 2006 01:25

The deadline for refunds through Ticketmaster was November 10th.

Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: November 15, 2006 01:31

Dodger Stadium is in Elysian Park. Don't fret about the possibility of there being empty seats at the show. All the Stones folks need to do is round up the thousands of homeless folks in encampments around the stadium and invite them inside.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 15, 2006 02:00

cali stones fan Wrote:
> Would the Stones trucks be pulling in to set up a
> week in advance? I thought they came in only a
> couple days before. Especially since they have
> two shows before this one. I don't think the lack
> of trucks at this is something to worry about.

about 5-6 days or so

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: November 15, 2006 02:01

Poor sales indeed. I checked Atlantic City and you can still get Floor seats. If you are dumb enough to pay for them

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 15, 2006 03:07

"If your young, want to get drunk/stoned and try to pickup chicks...
that's another story but this isn't the band for that activity... "

I have gotten drunk, stoned AND picked up chicks at Stones concerts. I wasn't aware it was inappropriate behaviour or else I would have just jerked off in the hotel room.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: November 15, 2006 03:23

Dan Wrote:
> "If your young, want to get drunk/stoned and try
> to pickup chicks...
> that's another story but this isn't the band for
> that activity... "
>
> I have gotten drunk, stoned AND picked up chicks
> at Stones concerts. I wasn't aware it was
> inappropriate behaviour or else I would have just
> jerked off in the hotel room.

I agree with Dan. This is EXACTLY the band for all that activity. The masses, and a large amount of the fans on this site based on the constant talk of bathroom break songs, get drunk at Stones shows. The Stones realize that it is a big party atmosphere and load the setlists with warhorses because these drunken masses would prefer to hear Brown Sugar over Sway or other songs that require more of your attention.

Take another look at all the girls slutted up the for the night at these shows and then think again about the crowds this band attracts.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: November 15, 2006 03:49

MCDDTLC Wrote:
>>
> If your young, want to get drunk/stoned and try to
> pickup chicks...
> that activity...
>
Since when????????

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: November 15, 2006 03:51

Halup Wrote:
>
> Take another look at all the girls slutted up the
> for the night at these shows and then think again
> about the crowds this band attracts.

I have never seen so many hot looking 30-40 something slutted up women in my life. It was a smorgasbord.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 15, 2006 05:38

Dan Wrote:
> "If your young, want to get drunk/stoned and try
> to pickup chicks...
> that activity... "
>
> I have gotten drunk, stoned AND picked up chicks
> at Stones concerts. I wasn't aware it was
> inappropriate behaviour or else I would have just
> jerked off in the hotel room.

Amen Brother!

Date: November 15, 2006 07:35

MicknSteven Wrote:
> The Worst part of all is that the there are
> thousands of seats on the Main Floor, that you can
> buy without any problem.

how does this qualify as "the worst"?! it means i can get good seats!

you can't catch me!

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: November 15, 2006 14:00

Don't want to sound like the "Angel of Darkness" here but has anybody thought that MAYBE LA and VANCOVER might get canceled? With Mick's dad dying (I'm sure the funeral is in the next few days) and the weather getting a bit wintery I'd just want to blow off the last few shows if sales were as poor as I've been reading here. Thanksgiving Weekend is no holiday period to try to put on a concert. That's a hard core family holiday and there ain't no getting out of family plans. The Brain hangs out in his bomb shelter....let's see if the stage arrives....

How are ticket sales doing in Vancouver? If Vancouver is strong then I would think LA is on no matter what. If both are bad Mick might get sick again or something...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-15 14:11 by MicksBrain.

Posted by: cali stones fan ()
Date: November 15, 2006 14:18

I think that if they were to cancel for reasons of a death like this they would probably let us know by now. Yes, I know that AC didn't have much warning, but this is for different reasons, whatevery the reasons you believe AC was canceled. They aren't really trying to hide a conspiracy, if that's what you belive, or if they are they have a really good excuse to cancel with warning before the show, and if you belive that he was sick, it's not like they're waiting to see how Mick's voice is this time. I just beleive in a situation like this they would give more warning than other times because they would know for sure.
Also, funerals don't always happen right away in these days. When my grandfather passed away a couple years ago we waited a while until it was possible for the family and friends to be there, so it is possible that Mick's family would do the same thing. I obviously don't know for sure, but it is possible.

Date: November 15, 2006 14:44

MicksBrain Wrote:
> Don't want to sound like the "Angel of Darkness"
> here but has anybody thought that MAYBE LA and
> VANCOVER might get canceled?

No.

Date: November 15, 2006 14:49

cali stones fan Wrote:
> > Also, funerals don't always happen right away in
> these days. When my grandfather passed away a
> couple years ago we waited a while until it was
> possible for the family and friends to be there,
> so it is possible that Mick's family would do the
> same thing. I obviously don't know for sure, but
> it is possible.

They have four days off between Atlantic City and LA. Unless the funeral is tomorow and Mick has already left for it, its more likely to take place between the AC and LA shows, giving him adequate time to fly to London and back. Atlantic City being the only remaining show in the east of the country makes the journey time to London even shorter.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-15 14:51 by Gazza.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: November 15, 2006 15:33

ha, Gazza Gazza Gazza,you act like this whole tour hasn't been the biggest mess since the Doors had to cancel everything after their infamous Miami - Jim exposes himself but actually didn't - show. I've been a pretty close Rock and Roll watcher and have NEVER seen ANYTHING like this ABB tour in all my years. Maybe this is the 21st Century Stones but during all my shows (Every American Tour from 1969 - 1999) there was NEVER a cancelation...some extra shows added but....no cancelations. The Dodger Stadium ticket sales sound EMBARRASSING !! Some genius - MC? - sets it up the night before Thanksgiving. If less greedy minds had been in charge it would have been 2 nights at the Forum or Staples Center. But, EGO rules, have to be the #1 Tour of 2006 - can't let U2, Madonna, or whoever win out. When I talk about the funeral, I'm not talking about the 2 or 3 hours of the actual ceremony but the fact that there's A lot of children involved and Maybe they may want Dad to stick around for awhile to comfort them. Death freaks out younger children. There's also big gaps in time between AC and LA so I'm sure After AC MJ flies back to Europe. If not then why not stick one or 2 more shows in the very empty shedule? LA and Vancouver are what Honolulu once was - an appendage and it just seems to me like something the Stones would rather just blow off, if not they could have added San Diego or one extra Forum/Staples Center show - the open dates are there...Even though the last 2 shows have good reviews of Jagger and Wood being fired up I bet they can't wait for this jinxed, poorly planned tour to end - at least for awhile. That's just the vibe I'm getting - my opinion.....(same vib I got with Honolulu)

Date: November 15, 2006 17:26

I Dont think Gazza is trying to Deny this leg of the tour isnt a mess, with one week away and tickets still on sale i dont see them Canceling LA. It would be worse if the stones Cancel; they would lose money.

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: November 15, 2006 17:57

.... personal 'odd thing', i have no excitement at all at this point about them showing next week in LA....

wonder who are buying tickets for i have more interest in the stones than 99% of the fools out there (dont miss read that, im a fool too) .. and ive put zero effort in securing entrance to dodger stadium,, strange one....
hey, who caught ian at the mint a few days ago, i missed it???

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 15, 2006 18:11

" I've been a pretty close Rock and Roll watcher and have NEVER seen ANYTHING like this ABB tour in all my years."

I have seen worse disasters more times than I can count. As far as 2 nights at the Forum instead of Dodger - they couldn't even sell out one with 6 months lead time so I don't think they are going back there. Staples apparently didn't want them back. I think you are looking at it from the wrong perspective. I am pretty sure they knew Dodger Stadium wouldn't be sold out regardless but they could still make a lot of money playing there.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2301
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home