Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

UK 07 and an over squeezed orange
Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: November 6, 2006 15:03

If the shows happen in the UK in 2007 I have the following major concerns:

1.Ticket prices.I can see half empty stadiums if they remain so high.Who wants to fork out so much to watch a video screen of them doing a set list of mainly played to death war horses.
2.Set list.Really need to do something different.Obscure stuff maybe?Winter,come on,twfno etc.

Maybe the answer is a tour of arenas with a totally new setlist?Other wise I think its going to be disaster.They have squeezed too much out of us already.Us diehards are getting stale.We are the over squeezed oranges.Do the Stones realise this or maybe they dont care.Take the last cent and run.......

Re: UK 07 and an over squeezed orange
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 6, 2006 15:32

I dont think they'll play too many UK shows in stadiums. After all, the UK tour had no disruptions or cancellations this year so they 'satisfied' the market. Any shows in 2007 are if anything a 'bonus'.

I think they'll play the shows they missed in 2006 with a few extras in their strongest markets. I'd expect them to play Wembley and maybe a couple of indoor shows. I certainly dont expect 3-5 stadium gigs in the UK

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 6, 2006 15:46

I think that's a sensible and measured view... but UK audiences are very parochial.
Move a gig 100 miles and you've got a whole new audience ;^)

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 6, 2006 15:50

stargroover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If the shows happen in the UK in 2007 I have the
> following major concerns:
>
> 1.Ticket prices.

Unfortunately I'll doubt they'll lower them even when it's clear they are too high...

>2.Set list.Really need to do something
different.

Unfortunately I doubt.....

> Maybe the answer is a tour of arenas

..I hope so

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: November 6, 2006 15:56

don't think the problem is the setlist...they're doing a great job and we got a LOT OF different songs by now...

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: November 6, 2006 16:10

Are Stones gigs solely full of miserable 'Stones hardcore' who can't bear the setlist or ticket prices???? No, joe public who still seem pretty keen after 40 odd years!

Uk gigs were packed this year.

Stones roll on......

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 7, 2006 00:26

Spud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think that's a sensible and measured view...
> but UK audiences are very parochial.
> Move a gig 100 miles and you've got a whole new
> audience ;^)

to a degree, yes - but audiences in some parts of the country are much less likely to spend up to £150 on a ticket than in others. Especially if its two years in a row.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: November 7, 2006 00:31

Audiences in Bristol, Birmingham, Liverpool, Newcastle didn't get a show last time round. They can always sell out London.

Maybe even a gig my my home town of Southampton - Bon Jovi played here last year (I didn't go of course).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2071
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home