Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Cohl Shuns Responsibility
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 1, 2006 02:44

I got this E-Mail today from Sticky Fingers Journal. An online Rolling Stones newsleter. Written by a fan. About beacon tickets:

After contacting Michael Cohl's office at New York's Palace Hotel 212-888-7000 a response has been given."If you got the tickets from the Beacon Theatre it's the Beacon's problem. If you got the tickets from Ticketmaster it's Ticketmaster's problem" said Ryland from Michael Cohl's office.

The responsibility falls directly on Michael Cohl. The show will have a lot of empty seats. Fans from around the world are sour on Cohl and the Stones. "People would give their right arm for a chance to be in this show and nobody cares", one distraught fan cried.

News Agencies from New York have been bomabarding SFJ for information since our earlier report about Cohl's ticket lsit mess. "Michael Cohl should scrap the list and let people in with a ticket and let us know now so my brother can book a flight to New York" another exclaimed.

Michael Cohl has so far refused to rectify the situation. His assistant Ryland said he'd give Cohl a message about to call me and hung up on me without saying good bye as I was giving him my phone number.

Re: Cohl Shuns Responsibility
Posted by: dougie ()
Date: November 1, 2006 03:21

I think it is funny how everyone blames Michael Cohl when he's working for the Stones. Who is responsible?

Date: November 1, 2006 05:25

you clearly no not what you speak of. im sick of seeing people villify Michael Cohl when they really have no idea what they're talking about. stop slandering people and get over it. are you that dumb to quote an email from an online fanzine. you believe everything you read? is it all about you? you think you could be a better promoter. put up or shut up. if you bought a ticket from the beacon IT IS the beaconss responsibility, ticketmaster? TICKETMASTERS responsibility. if i buy bad gasoline at Exxon does Saudi Arabia owe me a refund?

Posted by: The Source ()
Date: November 1, 2006 05:26

Cohl is far from serving fans............. strictly business thats allfor him

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: November 1, 2006 05:56

Yo Coco, yeah, there are/were better promoters. The Stones used to use the Late Bill Graham for all their tours in the 70's and he had class, treated the fans with respect. Read his book and learn instead of comparing music groups to bad gasoline (that was just the worst comparison I've ever seen). Music is an emotional business and if one, like Cohl, has zero sensativity for fellow human beings maybe he sould stick to playing the stock market. Wall Street, like Cohl, is Only and Just about money - a perfect fit.

Date: November 1, 2006 06:10

Yeah right. Cohl is all about helping the fans. Come on. The ONLY reason they ever did business with him was for the money. The concert promotion busines has never been the same since Bill Graham died. Cohl is a ruthless,moralless,idiotic,dickhead.

Posted by: arizojp ()
Date: November 1, 2006 10:21

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: November 1, 2006 10:29

dougie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think it is funny how everyone blames Michael
> Cohl when he's working for the Stones. Who is
> responsible?

Exactly. I suppose The Rolling Stones have engaged Cohl for organizing things like theese. And if that man doesn't make it in a proper way you have to change person. As I see it The Rolling Stones are responsible.

Posted by: Monty5 ()
Date: November 1, 2006 15:50

sweetcharmedlife Wrote:
>Cohl is a
> ruthless,moralless,idiotic,dickhead.

Wow, four choice adjectives. Have to admit I laughed when I read this.

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: November 1, 2006 21:27

Cohl was hired to do a job- maximize profits. If he doesn't, he will get fired and someone else will do it. Simple.

If you want to blame someone, figure out who's pulling the strings.

(just the facts)

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 2, 2006 03:31

well he has done a miserable job on this tour so the axe will fall

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 2, 2006 03:34

I think that sweetcharmedlife was being too kind!

Posted by: Gricha ()
Date: November 2, 2006 03:39

coocooforcoconuts Wrote:
. if i buy bad gasoline at Exxon
> does Saudi Arabia owe me a refund?

AMF, Saudi Arabia (the supplier) will be responsible at the end but you will talk with Exxon, not with Saudi Arabia directly.
They wouldnt talk to you anyway... :-))

Grichka >> [collateral-interference.blogspot.com]

Posted by: musicsmyteefine ()
Date: November 2, 2006 04:19

melillo Wrote:
> well he has done a miserable job on this tour so
> the axe will fall

....let's hope so, I mean really, has everyone forgotten with this Beacon fiasco, the really stupid decision to play stadiums in over visited areas at ridiculously over-the-top prices....at a time of year in a country where very cold, windy, and rainy conditions are the norm??!! Wasn't that Cohl's job? yeah...bad decisions all....

Date: November 2, 2006 06:59

Monty5 Wrote:
> sweetcharmedlife Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >Cohl is a
> > ruthless,moralless,idiotic,dickhead.
>
>
> Wow, four choice adjectives. Have to admit I
> laughed when I read this.

It is amazing what a couple of beers will do for your vocabulary!
Otherwise look around this board to find out what people think about MIchael Cohl.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1543
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home