Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

will the beacon be a live cd as well
Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: October 30, 2006 15:08

from nick,

there would have to be a live movie soundtrack from the shows, wouldn' you think, any info is appreciated

Re: will the beacon be a live cd as well
Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: October 30, 2006 16:08

Man, that would be really awesome since the set list was so damn good. I bet the performance was falwless, I would love to have a soundboard of that show!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 30, 2006 16:46

The Stones have traditionally never put out a live record from just one or two shows (regardless of what it seems to suggest on some of their sleeves to the contrary) so I cant imagine a live CD consisting of songs taken EXCLUSIVELY from these two concerts. Unless they do substantial overdubbing - always a possibility of course

I would imagine that as the show was filmed, at least some of the songs will end up on a CD release too. Its been the norm for recent live albums that where a show has been filmed or taped for broadcast or DVD, those recordings have been the source of the bulk of the songs that have been selected for the live album of the tour.

However, the plus side to the argument is that a sizeable amount of the songs being played at these shows have NOT featured on recent live releases - and in some cases, none at all.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 30, 2006 16:51

Don't think so, and in the case it would not be a good choice: this is the only (pls confirm) ABB concert with no ABB songs performed!

C

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: October 30, 2006 16:56

any new live album/dvd package has, surely, a very limited appeal,
to anyone but the die-hard.
The casual/inquisitive fan will already have a recent, Stones live album
(be it NS or LL)...i just cannot see a new 'live' cd selling.

The only selling/talikng point, for a new DvD release, is the name Martin Scorsese, and the cache and publicity, it will inevitably bring.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1427
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home