Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Honolulu Cancelled !! Los Angeles postponed !!
Posted by: MicknSteven ()
Date: October 30, 2006 18:04

Yeah this really sucks! If this is true, the stones will play to any empty stadium. Most people will be leaving out of town for Thanksgiving.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 30, 2006 18:14

PiotrRSpl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tickets for both shows are still on sale
> there is no official word on it
> with all respect to BV - he said many things that
> were right, many that were not and you MB all you
> do is making a panic on the message board.
>
> there is no official word on it. Im highly
> interested in what's gonna happen with LA as I
> keep m yfingers crossed it stays as it is. II can
> imagine I'm not the only one and seeing such a
> title each time I enter this forum just makes me
> sick.

PiotRspl

In fairness, Bjornulf wasnt the first or only person to state this. This story has been doing the rounds since Saturday. I think Jo Wood was even quoted as mentioning it openly at Ronnie's art exhibition on Saturday evening

I'd put absolutely no faith in the fact that there has been no 'official' word on it. Rs.com still havent even got a message on their newspage indicating that Atlantic City was ever postponed. The show is listed for 17/11 on their buy tickets page as if it was always meant to be on that date.

And they and the various ticket agencies were still happy to advertise tickets as being 'available' for several shows in Europe when it was common knowledge (via the local promoters or checking with the hotels) that many of the shows in question had been postponed or cancelled.

when it comes to the 'official' outlets, you can bet that bad news DOESNT travel fast

Date: October 30, 2006 18:15

Well, at least I live in Honolulu so if they cancel it, they save me gas money driving 15 miles to Aloha stadium. I know it's alot different if you have non-refundable airfare and hotel but look at the bright side, Hawaii is a great place to be, Stones or no Stones. Stones is even better though, much better.

:-)

A Plea To Zeus! PLEASE DON'T POSTPONE DODGER STADIUM!
Date: October 28, 2006 22:13

PLEASE DON'T POSTPONE DODGER STADIUM!

I had tickets to three shows this summer - Paris, Brussells, and Nice. Due to personal calamities (both Keith's and one of my own) I wasn't able to make it to any of them. Now my last chance is seeing them at Dodger Stadium - I've already bought my plane tickets to come down from Portland for the show. I'm arriving Saturday, returning Sunday.

I BEG OF YOU, DON'T POSTPONE THIS SHOW!

you can't catch me!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-30 00:10 by The Notorious NIK.

Re: A Plea To Zeus! PLEASE DON'T POSTPONE DOGER STADIUM!
Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: October 28, 2006 22:21

What's wrong with you Notorious, don't you know that Saturday is Zeus' day off?

Date: October 28, 2006 22:23

that's right, i forgot he took the 6th day and made it holy . . .

anyway, i just read a good point over at shidoobee: Atlantic City is an arena show, meaning that they could set up the stadium stage on the 17th as planned. moreover, when the stones travel cross country out to los angeles, they'll gain three hours. It could still happen!

(This is hard for me to say - after all, I'm not exactly a natural-born optimist.)

you can't catch me!

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: October 28, 2006 22:31

Natural Born Optimist? - lol, yeah, I noticed, but I'd say just "ever so slightly" not.....

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 29, 2006 21:02

I guess the mystery if they will let us know whats going on BEFORE the 18th

Date: October 29, 2006 21:05

latest rumours going around are that Dodger Stadium may be postponed a few days (which leaves quite a gap after Boise - maybe a week) and that Honolulu may be cancelled altogether

Hopefully its bullshit, but for those of you with tickets for these two shows, might be best to keep an eye out for any confirmation.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: October 29, 2006 21:23

Cancel Honolulu? Wouldn't that be f#@*ing wonderful now that people have bought their plane tickets!

Date: October 29, 2006 21:24

It doesnt make a lot of sense to me, but then - not much does

Like I said, I hope its just a bullshit rumour.

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: October 29, 2006 21:25

Hi Folks,

Zeus here.

You gotta lot of nerve telling me what not to postpone, pal. You think my job is easy? I got people asking me for all this stuff, people exclaiming about my beard, it's getting to be quite enough.

So you just watch your mouth, buddy - I may just postpone DODGER stadium, just to spite your complaining ass. I'm Zeus.

I'm.

Zeus.

Date: October 29, 2006 21:27

I hope Dodger Stadium doesnt get moved-it would really piss me off

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: October 29, 2006 21:34

I hope the stones give me my props in Oak-town.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 29, 2006 21:38

Just remember to sell your then less-worth flight tix at Ticket Trade ;-)

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 29, 2006 21:51

Gazza Wrote:
> latest rumours going around are that Dodger
> Stadium may be postponed a few days (which leaves
> quite a gap after Boise - maybe a week) and that
> Honolulu may be cancelled altogether
>
> Hopefully its bullshit, but for those of you with
> tickets for these two shows, might be best to keep
> an eye out for any confirmation.

I just read that on Shidoobee, suggesting that the new date for L.A. was November 22nd in place of Honolulu. It seems pretty apparent with the speed in which they came up with a replacement date for Atlantic City, that something is going on with the schedule. They didn't randomly choose the 17th fully knowing they have a show in L.A. the following day. They could have used the open date of the 16th for Atlantic City, unless there were logistical problems in getting the arena stage from Nampa, Idaho to New Jersey by then. I can't see them inconvenincing the L.A. audience just to fit in a makeup date for AC, so something else must be up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-29 21:53 by Halup.

Date: October 29, 2006 22:09

yep..as Landover81 posted earlier, he was shown the new AC date in an e-mail received at Ballys at 11 am Friday - three hours before the show was officially announced as postponed. That would suggest that the rescheduling plans were worked out some time before the show was officially pulled - which would in turn indicate that by that stage they were already thinking of making changes to the LA show date (and maybe hawaii too)...and (if true) would certainly cast doubts on the suggestion that Mick just woke up Friday morning with a sore throat and was unable to sing that night. sad smiley

Date: October 29, 2006 23:15

Just as Keith's real life medical issues allowed them to cancel some poorly selling shows, mixed in with others like Spain that sold well, it seems that Mick's reported illness is giving them a reason to change their tour schedule to their benefit.

They got to move Atlantic City, which got in the way once they had agreed on the Scorsese movie, to a date which creates a conflict with L.A. which in turn will have to be changed. Even though Dodger Stadium is getting no use during this baseball off season, they could cite logistical issues created by the Atlantic City postponement to why L.A. will not be played on November 19th, but instead on November 22nd. Since L.A. will have to be moved to that late date because of these "logistical" issues, Honolulu will have to be cancelled.

It makes it all very convenient for them to cancel a poorly selling Honolulu show that costs a lot of money for them in shipping the stage over for a single show and could end up losing money for the band. They can save face and not say that poor sales have caused the cancellation, but place the blame on all the logicistical and timing issues created by Mick's "illness".

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: October 30, 2006 00:05

MicknSteven Wrote:
> I hope Dodger Stadium doesnt get moved-it would
> really piss me off

Yes, me too, but if it does, I hope it's the 22nd like I've heard ( the day before Thanksgiving). I don't want to have to go to work the next day.

Re: A Plea To Zeus! PLEASE DON'T POSTPONE DODGER STADIUM!
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 30, 2006 01:55

All I know is, I already have tickets for Hawaii and there is NO WAY that I would cancel my vacation in paradise for another friggin stadium show, even if it's the last one.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 30, 2006 03:01

This whole thing is getting ridiculous. I have a ticket for LA, but not a plane ticket or hotel yet. Exactly when the hell are they going to make a final decision about the schedule. This whole thing stinks like shit. If they had a makeup date already in mind for AC BEFORE they actually postponed the show, then something smells rotten in New Jersey. Well something always smells rotten in NJ, but that's another story.
I mean do they really think we are that stupid. I think their audience is made up of 95% diehards. Not the other way around as some people would suggest. If it was'nt for us diehards following the band around the country,and the world in some cases, then ticket sales would suck worse then they already do. They have to know that us diehards know the routine. They have not done back to back nights in 2 years. Now they are going to do it on 2 different coasts.
Never mind the indoor vs outdoor stage theory. What about sir micks precious voice?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 30, 2006 09:30

LA will be delayed and Honolulu will be off.

Bjornulf

Posted by: phil11 ()
Date: October 30, 2006 09:45

Honolulu is cancelled LA is now in the Honolulu date. Just heard from a member of the stones crew.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 30, 2006 10:14

This sucks big time for those who had tickets and booked a flight. Where sales that bad?

Date: October 30, 2006 10:18

With Dodger Stadium on the 22nd, then the rumored L.A. theater show could happen on the 19th or 20th. I guess Honolulu could always be made up next year if they go from Asia to South America, but if it is off because of poor ticket sales, then I guess there's little chance of it happening next year, unless they play some smaller shows at Blaisdell Arena as had been rumored for this past April.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: October 30, 2006 10:20

Damn N.Nik, sorry. that sucks. You've gotta have the WORST luck when It comes to stones shows.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: October 30, 2006 18:24

They can go f#@* themself if they cancel Honolulu.

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: October 30, 2006 18:39

This sucks. I can't go on the 22nd. I fly home for the holidays. Terrible.

Date: October 30, 2006 18:40

when the Stones see Dodger Stadium, they wont know what to think, people have travel plans for Thanksgiving!

Date: October 30, 2006 18:44

Dodger Stadium is going to be Empty!

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2354
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home