Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: BOB DYLAN - Nobody Knows Me And I Don't Know Them !! - great interview / Dylan lecture
Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: October 27, 2006 23:31

I saw parts of this once many YEARS ago. Portions of it were in a Rolling Stone Magazine anniversary TV special and when I bought the video of the special the interview had been taken out and replaced with the famous live clip of TANGLED UP IN BLUE from the Film "Renaldo and Clara". Someone in the Dylan camp didn't like this RAW interview I guess (I understand) It's DEFINITELY the REAL Dylan but not the "people friendly" Dylan. I personally love it. Things get a little bit "silence in the room" when the John Lennon murder is brought up and then the interviewer asks Dylan "where is all of your security? Don't you worry?"...just slightly touching a nerve.... Very interesting stuff as Dylan sketches the BBC interviewer the whole time - the sketching ALMOST seems like revenge, great stuff, ENJOY (almost 30 minutes long total) -

PART ONE:

PART TWO:

PART THREE:

(John Lennons Murder and where is Dylan's secruity?)

PART FOUR:

(Dylan goes on and on and on about being famous in not a very calm manner)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-27 23:59 by MicksBrain.

Re: OT: BOB DYLAN - Nobody Knows Me And I Don't Know Them !! - great interview / Dylan lecture
Date: October 28, 2006 00:39

What do you guys think? Any opinions either way?

Re: OT: BOB DYLAN - Nobody Knows Me And I Don't Know Them !! - great interview / Dylan lecture
Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 28, 2006 00:41

i would care to opine......'ol Zimmy's one of the most compelling mofos ever

Date: October 28, 2006 02:14

That's FOR SURE Leonard - compelling is the word....

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: October 28, 2006 03:31

I cannot BELIEVE you have posted this.

I too saw this when I was in college c. 86-88 and have tried to find it ever since. I even know big time Dylan collectors that don't know what I am talking about when I try to explain what it was.

I am SO thankful someone has unearthed this.

Thank you thank you thank you

J

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 28, 2006 04:14

Thanks for posting! Dylan really lays it on the line about fame.

I've been around famous people most of my life and I couldn't agree more about what he says. I was always grateful to not be the one who was being gawked at, whispered about and as, he says, you could be "famous" for the most nowhere reasons and you're still practically treated like a great.

I thought he was amazingly candid.

You can admire people for their talent and ability if you recognize it but to just want to hang with virtually anyone who's had some success or made a lot of dough in whatever field shows a lack of SELF-RESPECT.

I admire people with great creative talent but I've learned it's sometime best to admire them from afar. But not always...of course.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 28, 2006 04:47

One of the other clips on the YouTube page is We Had It All sung by Dylan. Friggin awesome version.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1640
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home