Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: BOB DYLAN talking, hanging, taking pictures with fans - 4 minute clip
Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: October 27, 2006 12:40

Dylan is the one celeb that fascinates me. Don't know EXACTLY why but I think cause he's a brilliant SOLO artist and I can't imagine all the crap/weird stuff he hears/sees and all the pressure he's had to deal with his entire adult life (and he's still standing and still doing excellent work). When you're in a band the focus isn't as sharp on just one person IMHO. Here he is in Ontario Canada on some street interacting with some fans (and kids, "Oh, you like Ozzy....How about RATT?") So normal yet so interesting...

Re: OT: BOB DYLAN talking, hanging, taking pictures with fans - 4 minute clip
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 27, 2006 15:50

Any footage of Dylan in everyday life tends to surprise a lot of people.
Most folks expect him to be like some kind of space alien who talks only in riddles. ;^)

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 27, 2006 17:23

Thanks MicksBrain, haven't seen that one before.

Posted by: KingBee ()
Date: October 27, 2006 17:54

Thanks, that´s a very nice clip! Thanks for posting!

I like...

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 27, 2006 18:25

Meeting fans was really something...I mean..Bob Dylan...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 27, 2006 19:25

Spud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any footage of Dylan in everyday life tends to
> surprise a lot of people.
> Most folks expect him to be like some kind of
> space alien who talks only in riddles. ;^)

The reason for this is that when you do encounter Dylan in person, his behavior often is more like a space alien than just a normal human being.

My experience in meeting Bob in person was in 2004 when he was one of the guests at the Willie Nelson show at the Wiltern that was being filmed for tv and in which Keith Richards, among many others, was a performer. I did not go into the show, but hung around the back door and got a lot of autographs off people, Keith included. Bob left during the show after he had performed his part and came out the door on the way to his tour bus parked across and down the street. He had no security guard, just a handler of sorts who walked in front of him and who opened the tour bus door for him. A friend of mine asked Bob if he could sign an album for him (his Travelling Wilburys that he had Petty and Lynne already on) and Bob ignored us. We then walked down the street side by side with Bob as my friend pleaded with him to sign just 1 item for him. Most celebrities would either go ahead and sign it or at least say something like "no". Bob completely ignored that we even existed, said nothing and in no way even reacted in the slightest to our presence and we literally were 2-3 feet (1 meter) from him and walked a fair distance alongside him. He got on the bus and never acknowleged us.

I've told this story to a lot of people who go for autographs and they all have similar stories. This footage on Youtube is fascinating and very different than the Dylan I and many other people I know have encountered.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: October 27, 2006 19:36

whoa...that was priceless MB. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 27, 2006 20:15

have that footage on a boot of the filming of Hearts of Fire (that zimmy was in).....also has footage of him being interviewed in his trailer (he was drawing a picture of the interviewer during this)....and clips from the filming of a gig (think Ron Wood was in the band?)....and Ian Drury played the announcer on stage.......also has Dylan bein evasive with the press (his specialty)

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 27, 2006 22:19

very interesting clip. thanks for sharing. i never knew dylan was left-handed (at least for small motor skills like writing).

Posted by: hickorywind ()
Date: October 27, 2006 22:59

Hi Halup,

This guy called grizzly from the Dylan clip bears an uncanny resemblence to the guy who controls the mixing board at every Dylan gig which leads to the conclusion that the Toronto BBC clip was stage managed ie he was not a fan like you and me but part of Dylan's crew ?

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: October 27, 2006 23:41

StonesTod Wrote:
> very interesting clip. thanks for sharing. i never
> knew dylan was left-handed (at least for small
> motor skills like writing).

Yeah, the Left Hand writing thing REALLY threw me since he's a right handed guitar player - that was really bizarre...

Glad everybody liked it, I put up the interview Leonard mentioned - it's quite different than the typical interview - I think this might be "the Dylan" Halup is talking about....

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: October 27, 2006 23:45

Halup: I was very surprised to hear that Dylan signed for a buddy of mine at the Embassey Suites in Lincoln, Nebraska on Wednesday afternoon before the show.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 27, 2006 23:55

StonesTod Wrote:
> very interesting clip. thanks for sharing. i never
> knew dylan was left-handed (at least for small
> motor skills like writing).

I didn't notice...but I see he draw with the right hand on the Sykes interview.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 28, 2006 00:48

i wonder if this whole video is "reversed image."

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 28, 2006 01:00

Lil' Brian Wrote:
> Halup: I was very surprised to hear that Dylan
> signed for a buddy of mine at the Embassey Suites
> in Lincoln, Nebraska on Wednesday afternoon before
> the show.

I find that surprising as well, but he is known to sign on occasion. I know of a few people who got him to sign on the set of Masked And Anonymous and other people have told me that he signed for them backstage at concerts.

I've been told some humourous stories about when other people here in L.A. have asked him to sign. Sometimes he will take the pen and hold it upside down and "sign" the album using the non ink end of the pen. After he had done this to one guy, the guy got one of those double ended pens and the next time he asked Bob to sign, Dylan took the pen and did the flip it over routine, then saw it was double ended. He smiled, finding it funny that the fan had planned in case he pulled that trick, and he went ahead and signed the album.

On another occasion Dylan was with Springsteen at the Wiltern (probably when bruce played there solo acoustic in November 1995 and assuming that Bob was at the show to see the performance). Bob came out the side door and started to walk down the street. These guys went after him to sign and he said to them excitedly "Go get Springsteen, he's about to come out!" to get them off his track.

While it's annoying if this happens to you while you are the one asking him, these make for pretty funny stories. George Harrison, who besides being a friend and sometime bandmate of Dylan, was a massive fan of his work and also commented on just how funny and homourous Dylan was when he was around him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-28 01:02 by Halup.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 28, 2006 01:21

StonesTod Wrote:
> i wonder if this whole video is "reversed image."

Don't think so, Bob isn't driving the car himself but gets into the car on the right side.
If one could actually read what he writes, now that would leave no doubt.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: October 28, 2006 04:08

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-06 05:53 by Beelyboy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2751
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home