Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Dvd for ABB
Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: October 24, 2006 16:51

In four flicks we got a great box set of 4 dvds.What are you expecting now with all the important things they have done in this tour(Rio etc..).Are they gonna release one after the tour ends so as to have more material in their hands?

Re: Dvd for ABB
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 24, 2006 17:07

well..I dont expect a Four Flicks style release as there isnt enough diversity in the shows to justify it

Austin was filmed the other night as you know, so maybe we'll get a concert DVD with an extra disc documenting other aspects of the tour.

Posted by: PedroThePimp ()
Date: October 24, 2006 17:13

We need

Austin, Rio, Beacon, Madision Square Garden and a Documentary

THATS IT!!!!!!!

Date: October 24, 2006 17:19

Four concert DVD's - and two of them taken from shows in New York? I dont detect any imbalance, bias or self-interest here I hope....! You could at least have thrown in the Radio City Music Hall, Juilliard or Giants shows too - or are you expecting them to take up all of the footage in the documentary?

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: October 24, 2006 17:25

Did they film some of the Madison shows?
We know for a fact Boston (Fenway), Detroit (Comerica + super bowl), Rio, Buenos Aires, Saitama and Austin were filmed. Maybe I forgot some pro filmed shows. I think they mainly will release material from these shows on the DVD(s).

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 24, 2006 17:26

What we need, and by the look of things what we're gonna get, is a mix of the two Beacon shows (so that a special setlist is made) and Austin, Texas. A double DVD would be good. Maybe containing the Scorsese documentary too. They shouldn't try to remake Four Flicks I think.

JumpingKentFlash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-24 17:29 by JumpingKentFlash.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: October 24, 2006 18:15

Any news of a possible broadcast from the Munich show ???
It was reported here that the concert was filmed for german TV...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: October 24, 2006 18:35

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They shouldn't try to
> remake Four Flicks I think.

just as well. They wouldnt come close to touching it.

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: October 24, 2006 20:13

Doc Wrote:
> Any news of a possible broadcast from the Munich
> show ???
> It was reported here that the concert was filmed
> for german TV...

German zdf said that they didn't record the show in Munich, or any other German show, although they were one of the sponsors.
Just a little report on their website, check it out:
[www.zdf.de]

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 24, 2006 20:15

There are enough songs to have a 20 song best of rarities DVD along with the Austin show.

Date: October 24, 2006 20:18

the slight problem with that argument is that - unlike the Licks tour - many of them have only been performed once or twice, thereby lessening the chances of them a) nailing it and b) playing it at a show that was filmed

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: October 24, 2006 22:24

I believe the Amsterdam gig was also profesionally filmed.
So that is Rio, Saitama, Beacan (two shows), Buenos Aires, and a couple of shows we don't even know they were filmed (my guess)

Date: October 24, 2006 22:39

I think they could do a box set containing the following.One dvd for Rio and extras for that.Now from the standar shows they must put a stadium concert and not an arena,beacuse the stage is very beautiful and it's a shame not to see it in an official release.If they could a disc about Saitama that would be great but a stadium concert is by far more exciting.Also they should have dvd with the making of the ABB and the Superbowl perfomance.There are so many things to put on dvd that it becomes unreal to make a box set like this.However I would pay with no second thought for such a boxset.I remeber how good it was when I bought four flicks the exact time they were unpacking the boxes and putting them on the selves.
Do you think they 'll wait for the end of the tour?I mean maybe the tour will end the summer.That's too late.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: October 25, 2006 04:15

I want Berlin!!! But we won't get another Four Flicks, that's for sure.
Guess we'll get Rio and some shots from various concerts, maybe Austin, Vienna and Moncton.

Date: October 25, 2006 04:22

StratoGR Wrote:
> I think they could do a box set containing the
> following.One dvd for Rio and extras for that.Now
> from the standar shows they must put a stadium
> concert and not an arena,beacuse the stage is very
> beautiful and it's a shame not to see it in an
> official release.If they could a disc about
> Saitama that would be great but a stadium concert
> is by far more exciting.Also they should have dvd
> with the making of the ABB and the Superbowl
> perfomance.There are so many things to put on dvd
> that it becomes unreal to make a box set like
> this.However I would pay with no second thought
> for such a boxset.I remeber how good it was when I
> bought four flicks the exact time they were
> unpacking the boxes and putting them on the
> selves.
> Do you think they 'll wait for the end of the
> tour?I mean maybe the tour will end the
> summer.That's too late.

the setlist differences between Saitama and Rio are minimal and it would make no sense to include two almost identical shows on the same DVD release, just because they have a different stage. Theres also probably contractual issues as the TV channels who broadcast those shows would have some control over the rights (unlike 2003, when part of the HBO deal for MSG was that they would release it officially)

Austin was filmed and both Beacon shows are being filmed, so I doubt there'll be much else.

Date: October 25, 2006 04:45

This could mean no As Tears Go By,Midnight Rambler,You Got The Silver,Live With Me,Far Away Eyes,She Was Hot etc. depending on the Beacon set lists.Leavell wrote that he thinks the Beacon Theatre shows will be released separately from Austin which will be packaged with earlier ABB shows.

Posted by: monkey_man ()
Date: October 25, 2006 10:05

hi meise! yes berlin. i was there too. any stuff out there? only seen a couple of things on youtube
martin

Date: October 25, 2006 10:40

Yeah but Rio it's too important.They can't loose the opportunity to make a dvd with their biggest crowd ever.I mean they released Altamont,Sars concert and now they should release Rio.That's my opinion.
You are right about the fact that setlists don't have any difference between Saitama and Rio.I forgot that.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 25, 2006 10:48

StratoGR Wrote:
> You are right about the fact that setlists don't have any difference between Saitama and Rio.I forgot that.

The Rio and Saitama setlists were similar, but not exactly the same.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 25, 2006 11:03

Gazza Wrote:
> JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > They shouldn't try to
> > remake Four Flicks I think.
>
> just as well. They wouldnt come close to touching
> it.

Right. It would be very hard. You can only make such a thing once I think. If they were to make a DVD box that's equally good, it has to be with older shows. Imagine Ladies & Gentlemen, a full show from 1969 (I know Maysels Films has the entire Altamont gig in stock), a 1978 concert and a retrospective docu a la 25X5 (As I've said before, such a thing should be released when they're done IMO).

The thing they seem to be working on sounds good too though. One or two concerts and a Martin Scorsese concert film (In the recent mail from RS.com it says that it will be a concert film). I just hope they won't make it as Macca does it. His two latest DVDs were ruined because there were these interviews in between the numbers...

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 25, 2006 18:16

They should definately start releasing archived stuff instead to show that they were once a great live band.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 25, 2006 20:03

Based on Chuck Leavell's comments, I think we're in store for 2 different dvd releases from this tour. The first could maybe be a 2 dvd set with the Rio and Austin shows, each on 1 dvd. It appears that Scorsese is filming the Beacon shows for a theatrical film which would then later be released on dvd. He could go with a straight concert film or maybe he will include a lot of interview or historical footage as well.

I would imagine the first dvd of Rio and Austin would be out by the Spring and the Scorsese Stones movie could be out in the Summer, with the dvd release of it to come around next October-November which could give them up to 8 months or so between the release of the 2 dvds, so as not to have them compete with each other for sales.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-25 20:05 by Halup.

Date: October 26, 2006 01:00

I would like to buy something new from the Stones this Christmas.I am gonna save my money so as to buy four flicks again beacuse I have destroyed all the dvds.I am thirsty for something new.

Posted by: woemansland ()
Date: October 26, 2006 15:47

Boston (Fenway), Detroit (Comerica + super bowl), Rio, Buenos Aires, Saitama,
Austin & Beacon
with these concerts it will be easy to make two double dvd sets with 40 different songs each, I hope.
One could be out this christmas, the other could be released next summer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1510
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home