Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Why should The Rolling Stones Fan Club send you to the Beacon Theatre?
Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: October 21, 2006 01:32

Here's what I said. What did you say?

Check my birth certificate and you'll see that I was born in the year and the month that the Stones were born; you might say that we're twin sons of different mothers.

I was raised on Rolling Stones music the way other children were raised on nursery rhymes, old time religion, Saturday morning cartoons, and sugar cereals.

Check my blood type, I bleed black and blue.

In fact, I've lived with the Stones on my record player, walkman, CD player and iPod for so much of my life that I've got an earphone head and a dirty neck.

My three children are named Mick, Keith, and Charlie. And all my children--each of my three daughters--love our dog Woody and so do I. In fact, I can send you a video of me and my dog doing a duet on "Bark Me Up" with Woody doing the vocals and me on guitar (no disrespect to guitarists, vocalists or dogs intended). Seriously, I love the Stones so much that I even do versions of their songs with my dog--and he loves them too, but he's not so good with the open-g tuning.

I made the school mama happy, I did my bachelor of science degree in Aftermath, my Master's degree of hospitality in Beggar's Banquet, and my Political Science PhD in Exile on Main Street.

I've made my home town in Toronto because it's their second home and followed them to shows from Memphis to Milan, like a twelfth century palmer. And I'll follow them for the rest of my life.

When my father died in 1976 and my mother died in 1995 it was the Stones that got me through the dark night of the soul.

No drug, no drink, no creed, no weed, no woman, no man. Just the Stones. Like a rolling stone. They pulled my through.

Like a rolling stone, like a rolling stone

They sustain me, and they always will--from the day I was born to the day I die, they are the soundtrack of my life.

And I always already want to see them again. I want the whole world to see them in the Beacon, and I just wish to be one of the few who get the opportunity to do so.

Because as great as they are and as much as they mean to me, I can't be satisfied, I can't be satisfied.

But I try and I try and I try.

Good luck to all and godspeed to the Stones

Re: Why should The Rolling Stones Fan Club send you to the Beacon Theatre?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 21, 2006 01:46

So I can hang near Clinton and
hopefully learn a few pick-up lines....

ROCKMAN

Date: October 21, 2006 02:16

judging from your post godspeed-i think you are exactly the kind of "real fan" that should be at the show. no whining about how you deserve it and all that. just an unadulterated love for the band. quite refreshing i might add.

Posted by: musicsmyteefine ()
Date: October 21, 2006 02:35

...shit, that's a great essay!! I'd probably choose it if I were the Stones...even though I want to win!! ...just wondering...did all that actually fit into the box on the online entry...?!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1598
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home