Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A day in the life of a Stone on the road?
Posted by: theboys ()
Date: October 17, 2006 20:26

Maybe this has come up before but just what do the guys all do on their off days? We never really hear any of them making the news or making appearances and all that? To tour on the road for over a year when you're the rolling stones just seems like they would go stir crazy eventually - anyone know what any of them do to keep from going crazy? Hobbies, interests, dining, workout, jam, interviews. . .what? Obviously the early days were all drugs, sex, rock n roll. . .can't be like that anymore can it?

Why don't the Stones do SNL anymore when they tour the USA? I think they would kick ass on SNL and are very WISE to stay away from Letterman & Leno and that sort of format.

Re: A day in the life of a Stone on the road?
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 17, 2006 20:27

Check out Chuck's tour diary.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: October 17, 2006 20:45

Still waiting for a interview...seems like they dont do them anymore.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: October 17, 2006 21:31

Here's what I remember reading from Milwaukee newspapers during recent visits:

Mick: went kite-flying along the shores of Lake Michigan / had a birthday party for his daughter in a restaurant at The Pfister Hotel (where they stayed) in '99. And I think he went out for Thai food.

Keith: dined in The English Room (also at The Pfister). Paid homage to Otis Redding before '94 show in Madison. He visited the lake & marker where Redding's plane went down (Lake Medota in Madison)

Ronnie: shopped for a new shirt at a Men's Clothing store in The Pfister Hotel.

Charlie: visited the Milwaukee Art Museum on the shores of Lake Michigan.

...and I saw Blondie Chaplain hanging around the hotel lobby looking for attention. I regret not speaking to him...I was distracted by Larry Bird.

check out this link: [www2.jsonline.com]

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: October 17, 2006 21:34

I noticed I made a type...it should read LAKE MENDOTA

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 17, 2006 21:41

I think they pretty much behave like people do when they are on vacation: eat out, shop, do touristy things like seeing the sites and local attractions, meet up with friends, etc.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: October 17, 2006 21:56

Whenever they're in Boston, Charlie's always spotted shopping on Newbury St. and Mick is usually out raving with Peter Wolf.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1798
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home