Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Guitar picks galore!
Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: October 16, 2006 23:24

At 10/11/06 Chicago Show...Keith, Ron & Darryl were throwing handfuls of guitar picks out to the crowd from the b-stage. Looked like they were feeding pigeons in Central Park. Way more picks than usual...rewarding the crowd for braving the cold weather...I think. Any guitar pick stories out there?

Re: Guitar picks galore!
Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: October 16, 2006 23:34

My friend got Ronnie's in Amsterdam this summer. Got it at the end of Brown Sugar.

BTW, it wasn't just a one of a pile of picks either it was the one he used during BS. You can see some wear on it. Ronnie tossed it out and we were standing right in front and it hit him right in the head! he then quickly went down and caught it.

It was pretty cool....it was white with red tounge logo on the front and
Amsterdam 31-7-06 on the back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-17 01:16 by lettingitbleed.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 16, 2006 23:53

I hope the people that caught those picks could play guitar. Otherwise it would be really silly. Like a blind man getting glasses.

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: October 16, 2006 23:57

I crawled the Roseland Ballroom floor for a song or two to get Keiths pick, which I finally found. It's framed on my living room wall together with a signed Some Girls litho I won on the afterparty at MSG the same week!

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: October 17, 2006 00:21

You missed 2 songs in a club for piece of plastic that wasn't even personally handed to you? Priorities my man...priorities...it's the music that counts...way more than the pick!

Date: October 17, 2006 00:38

I got 3 Darryl Jones picks in Chicago. I was 10 rows back in front of the B-Stage and saw Darryl and Chuck Levelle through a handful of picks out. I did not see Keith or Ronnie, and I was right in front of them. I dont think they did. Anyways, once Brown Sugar ended, I ran over to the area where I thought Darryl flung his picks. Even before the lights came back on, I found a white object on the ground. It was gum! Oh My God! Talk about gross. haha. Anyways, I continued to look, just like the 50 or so people around me. The lights were still off. I saw another white object, that looked like a pick this time. Sure enough, it was! I was soo happy. It has some weird picture on the front and on the back, says darryljones.com. Then 2 more rows up, I saw a red one. This was once the stadium lights were on now. So I picked that up. Then as I was leaving, I just happened to look under the B-Stage screens they have up, and there was a pick. The nice security guard went and picked it up for me and gave it to me. Then, as I was leaving, I found a $10 bill laying on the ground! Tonight was my night. I was trying to catch a pick from Keith, but what are the chances of that. I still say I made out like a bandit.

"She's got a mind of her own, yeah, and she use it mighty fine..."

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: October 17, 2006 01:03

We were on the rail next to Darryl in Chicago. He threw a handful of picks out towards the crowd and every pick blew back onto the bstage - very windy night! A security guard got a pick from Darryl and then handed it to my son - sweeeet!

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: October 17, 2006 01:27

Keef handed me 2 picks at the Wiltern...tossed me 1 in Amsterdam

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: October 17, 2006 01:29

sweet neo con Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any guitar pick stories
> out there?

i've got one or two. they came with my guitar

Posted by: Niebla ()
Date: October 17, 2006 07:05

I have 2 Ronnie's picks from the Halifax show. The first one he tossed at me when saw my sign, and the second one he tossed when I threw him a kiss.winking smiley

Saludos!

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: October 17, 2006 07:10

Chuck has been throwing them out like crazy from the B stage this leg of the tour. It seems he likes the attention so much he forgets to play the piano. That might be a good thing but I think the band needs him to not get so distracted about throwing picks.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: October 17, 2006 09:18

I was in the second row from the stage on Keith's side last fall in Washington DC. After Sympathy he flicked his pick...it was coming my way...then veered sharply left...across the aisle...up a row...down three seats...hit a guy in the shoulder and fell to the floor. I dove like a madman and got it!!!

I'm told that I tend to be a little animated during a show and it was great when so many people around me offered congratulations and said "You deserve it!"
Thanks again if any of you read this!

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: October 17, 2006 14:00

In Mannheim, back in '95, I caught Keith's pick basically diving short-stop like.
While on the ground this huge German guy basically lift me up and I lost it.
He said "Are you ok?" and I did basically told him to go mind his own f**kin'business next time ;-)

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: October 17, 2006 14:20

got three during the european leg of abb, and one during voodoo lounge smiling smiley got two of those from stones crew and the other two (Kuip 2003 and Horsens 2006) from Ronnie

More guitar pics: [www.stonesforum.nl]

-Menno

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 17, 2006 14:27

Most recently I caught one from Chuck at Twickenham I.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2273
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home