Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bootlegs
Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: October 16, 2006 12:59

This has probably been asked on many occasions..Where is the best place to get bootlegs? What is the best site?

I have a handful of boots mainly picked up from independent record stores. I am a bit of a novice on obtaining these from the web.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Re: Bootlegs
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 16, 2006 13:12

Bootleg-selling-info can't be written on a public message-board.
They work undercover.
I'll suggest to download music from RocksOff, for free.
[novogate.com]
Look under "bittorrent-help", to learn how to download.
"Bittorrent-tracker" contains the bootlegs-list one pick and choose from.

Date: October 16, 2006 13:15

Great! Much appreciated!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 16, 2006 13:17

If you publish a name of a bootleg store on the web it will be closed or raided the next morning. Very simple. And as bootlegs are illegal, it is a pretty strong statement to say in public a shop is doing illegal activity. Any posts with names of stores selling bootlegs will be deleted. Because it is impossible to verify, and for many other reasons.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 16, 2006 13:49

nanker phelge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great! Much appreciated!

Just to add

feel free to download anything from there you want - but please once youve done so keep seeding an equivalent amount to help out others who want to do the same. Thanks.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 16, 2006 13:53

Gazza:

my ratio usually is around 10 for these things, but its falling down recently: I keep the connection permanently open, but nobody uses it. It happens on RO and on Dime. Every now and them boom! I upload at 250 more, but most of the times close to nothing! Yes I have a firewall (It is centralised, I use my work pc) but I always have! Any clues?

C

Date: October 16, 2006 14:03

(To Gazza)

Sorry to be ignorant but can you please explain what is expected from me and what you mean by 'keep seeding an equivalent amount'?

Thanks

Date: October 16, 2006 14:05

nanker phelge Wrote:
> (To Gazza)
>
> Sorry to be ignorant but can you please explain
> what is expected from me and what you mean by
> 'keep seeding an equivalent amount'?
>
> Thanks

It means that if you download, say, 100 you should upload at least the same (i.e. do not close the torrent window before your ratio is = 1)

C

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: October 16, 2006 14:06

bv Wrote:
> If you publish a name of a bootleg store on the
> web it will be closed or raided the next morning.
> Very simple. And as bootlegs are illegal, it is a
> pretty strong statement to say in public a shop is
> doing illegal activity. Any posts with names of
> stores selling bootlegs will be deleted. Because
> it is impossible to verify, and for many other
> reasons.

yes it is very very dangerous to get public exposal like this. the brother of a friend of mine owns a media shop in Italy and he has a section with used cds which is comparatively small. from time to time you could in the past find few used bootleg cds there. this was mentioned in a U2 board some years ago that someone who visited Italy bought was lucky to find a long out of print boot there and the result was that three weeks later the shop owner recieved a letter from record companies organisation warning him to stop activity in sellling bootlegs even if they are only used and old out of print ones. so shop owner now always has sharp control that even in the used cd section not any boots are sold anymore. this shop was not raided, but shop owner for months frightened his ass off. and in other cases shops might get raided if someone tell in public they sell boots in general and not just used cd from time to time. I dont buy bootlegs because I have not much money to do so, but I think it is very stupid to mention places where you can find these titles in public.

Date: October 16, 2006 14:09

Yet the funny thing is that you don't need to be exactly sherlok holmes or sped ages lurking on fan sites to find these shops! They are actually quite easy to find

C

Date: October 16, 2006 14:13

liddas thanks for your advice

Re bv and alimente- I wouldn't mention any names of the stores in public. In any event, the last one I bought was 10 years ago and I know that the shop in question has long since closed down.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: October 16, 2006 14:26

i cant post a site here.. but why not going to your independence recordstores?

if you want to download boots for free you can go to rocks off or dime.

-Menno

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: stonesfan70 ()
Date: October 16, 2006 17:56

One suggestion I can offer if you really want to buy a bootleg. Google the title of the bootleg. Sometimes you'll find a site that sells them. It helps if you can decipher Japanese.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 16, 2006 17:58

Selling bootlegs is evil. Offering them 4 free is, like, way less evil, I think.

Date: October 16, 2006 18:14

nanker phelge Wrote:
> (To Gazza)
>
> Sorry to be ignorant but can you please explain
> what is expected from me and what you mean by
> 'keep seeding an equivalent amount'?
>
> Thanks

basically what Liddas says. If you download a file thats, say, 600 MB in size, its good netiquette to keep seeding until you share a similar amount with others who will be downloading from you (keeping the torrent open to continue seeding of course doesnt prevent you from listening to the file or burning it to CDR). At present, theres no enforced share ratio on the Rocks Off tracker like there is on some other bit torrent sites, but we try to encourage people to share what they take. Makes it fairer and easier for everyone.

Date: October 16, 2006 18:16

liddas Wrote:
> Gazza:
>
> my ratio usually is around 10 for these things,
> but its falling down recently: I keep the
> connection permanently open, but nobody uses it.
> It happens on RO and on Dime. Every now and them
> boom! I upload at 250 more, but most of the times
> close to nothing! Yes I have a firewall (It is
> centralised, I use my work pc) but I always have!
> Any clues?
>
> C

10.0 ??? Thats very high! Dont know what to advise. Maybe someone who's less technically challenged than myself might be able to help. If you dont get a response here, post a request on the BT thread on RO and one of the resident 'experts' should be able to advise you.

Posted by: elipotter ()
Date: October 16, 2006 19:52

where can i find my ratio on rocks off? I'm scared to be banned

www.rollingstonesitalia.com

Date: October 16, 2006 20:27

you wont be - like I said, we dont have an enforced share ratio

Just check the amount downloaded vs the amount uploaded on the torrent youre downloading, and try and keep them reasonably similar. Thats all thats asked. Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2002
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home