Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Off Topic: Roger Waters Concert Review
Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: October 15, 2006 19:46

The place: Key Arena in Seattle, WA. Last performance of North American leg of his U.S. tour.One of the best shows ever! 2 hrs. 45 min. The sound was perfect and the lighting and visuals were mindblowing. The set list consisted of 27 songs from his solo efforts, The Wall, and the entire Dark Side of The Moon CD. I left mesmerized. Anyone else see this genius at work?

Re: Off Topic: Roger Waters Concert Review
Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: October 15, 2006 19:59

Haven't seen him but he is a musical genius.

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: October 15, 2006 20:26

I saw him two nights before your show at the Shoreline in Mountain View, CA. It was quite a show. He is really intense in performing his songs.

But, I do miss David Gilmour quite a bit. I saw his show 6 months earlier at a very intimate theatre. He had the best Laser show I have ever seen (YES put on a great on in the 70's, and the Floyd did (minus Roger)). His solo's are amazing. David did some real rare old tunes that hit a chord in my heart and mind- I didn't think I remembered that mind damaging time.

Roger seems to be about the event and sound. David seems to be about the music. Both amazing. I love how he did two sets. And, Roger is in quite good shape for his age (I had second row). My friend joked how David enjoys life (a bit of a belly), and Roger is to angry and upset to indulge in the finer things. Rogers intensity during a show was incredible. I loved his political statements!!!

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: October 15, 2006 22:38

I saw the show in Hyde Park, Nick Mason played the drums for the second half of the show. It was brilliant.

Posted by: keef_nerd ()
Date: October 15, 2006 22:57

I saw the show september 16th in camden new jersey and it was fantastic.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: October 15, 2006 22:58

I saw him recently in Greece. Amazing concert, indeed. Better than what i had seen and heard from Pink Floyd in 1989.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 15, 2006 23:01

I just saw all 3 nights at the Hollywood Bowl with Nick Mason guesting each night. Just amazing shows, as Roger always does. I've seen him each tour going back to 1985 and he has put on some of the most amazing shows I've ever seen.

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: October 15, 2006 23:33

September 21st at the Bell Centre in Montreal.

Sold out with over 17,000 fans (same as the Stones)

Awesome show. Too much political crap though........

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 16, 2006 00:12

Montrealsuperfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> September 21st at the Bell Centre in Montreal.
>
> Sold out with over 17,000 fans (same as the
> Stones)
>
> Awesome show. Too much political crap
> though........

Waters has always had a strong anti war streak in his songs, going back as far as to 1968 with Corporal Clegg. Us And Them is an anti war song and since 1979s The Wall, every album has been filled with strong political themes. It goes without saying that when going to a Roger Waters show that you will get political messages in the lyrics and in the visuals, as he uses background film throughout the show.

If you went to see The Clash among many other acts, it goes without saying that you would be subjected to a lot of political messages, The same applies with Waters.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 16, 2006 02:17

I'm jealous. I saw the Waters-less Floyd (Gilmour, Mason and Wright) in 1994 and it was awesome, but I'd really like to see the Waters version. I hope he tours next summer as well.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 16, 2006 04:14

I saw the 1st and 3rd shows at the Hollywood Bowl.
Excellent shows! Liked them much better than the recent Gilmour tour.
Was lucky to see 2 WALL shows in LA, 1980.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1808
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home