Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Chicago Aftermath
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 15, 2006 06:28

So does anyone know how the Stones held up after the "bitter cold" in Chicago? Did anybody come down with frostbite, pneumonia, colds, sniffles? How are the boys holding up, and where are they thawing out at, before Seatlle on Tues? Any chance they might rehearse some new songs into the setlist?

Re: Chicago Aftermath
Posted by: musicsmyteefine ()
Date: October 15, 2006 07:07

Let's hope so.....they'll have had almost a week to thaw- thank god. It did occur to me that illness could happen from being exposed out in such "raw" conditions, but I've perished the thought!

Also let's not forget, the boys are tough old geezers and professional to the core! Besides 'ol Keith has skin like leather...they'll be okay.

Here's to adding new ones to the setlist, how about Silver Train, Brand New Car, Love is Strong, Hot Stuff, Loving Cup or Around and Around!!!

Date: October 15, 2006 07:16

I forgot to add, I just can't believe some numbskull scheduled this gig outdoors at this time of year! I mean c'mon... someone maybe could have done a little research about temps and wind in Chicago in October. Not the greatest planning to expose a guy who underwent brain surgery only 6 mos. ago to conditions like that...but like I said, they're troopers and made it a success anyway...

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: October 15, 2006 08:25

musicsmyteefine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I forgot to add, I just can't believe some
> numbskull scheduled this gig outdoors at this time
> of year! I mean c'mon... someone maybe could have
> done a little research about temps and wind in
> Chicago in October. Not the greatest planning to
> expose a guy who underwent brain surgery only 6
> mos. ago to conditions like that...but like I
> said, they're troopers and made it a success
> anyway...

they took a chance and lost. i live in chicago and usually i can wear shorts until the end of october.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: October 15, 2006 08:46

Google high/low temsp for that date in Chicago and you'll see it was 50/50 that the weather would be ok...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 15, 2006 09:48

I once got a chill from sleepin' near a big open crack.....never do that again!!!!

ROCKMAN

Date: October 15, 2006 10:31

inopeng Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Google high/low temsp for that date in Chicago and
> you'll see it was 50/50 that the weather would be
> ok...

Yeah, 50% chance of "not okay" weather. Oh well..it's a done deal. Anyway, I trust the boys will be in fine shape for the indoor Boardwalk Hall AC gig.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home