Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Best show of the 2005/06 tour? YOU VOTE!
Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: October 12, 2006 23:55

1st Hollywood Bowl show may be the best Stones show I've ever seen. The playing was incredible, the sound was incredible, The whole show was high energy all the way through. The Foxboro show recently wasn't too far behind either (Streets Of Love killed it).

I saw all three MSGs in 98, which definitely rank at the top next to the Orpheum on Licks. Also saw the Wiltern - decent show - and Brixton Academy in the second row - eh.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 13, 2006 10:36

Lorenz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> drbryant Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I've seen a number of shows, but March 6 at the
> LA
> > Forum was fantastic. Saitama wasn't too shabby
> > either, and it is preserved for posterity on
> one
> > of the best boot DVD's in Stones history. The
> > stadium shows all had their moments, but have
> to
> > take a backseat by virtue of the fact that they
> > are stadium shows.
> >
> > I wasn't there, but Copacabana might have to be
> > the "best" just because of scale of the show.
> A
> > walkway from their hotel room to the stage?
> 1.2
> > million people? A BEACH in Rio?? It will
> > certainly be the show that will be a big
> chapter
> > in the Stones touring history.
>
> I remember you wanted to see the Vienna concert -
> after it was postponed, did you still go to Vienna
> with your family? I hope you enjoyed it, even
> without a Stones concert, Vienna is a city that is
> worth a visit, I think. smiling smiley

Hey, thanks for remembering that. No, we did not go to Vienna -- instead we went to Paris with a side trip to London to see Twickenham I. It was a wonderful vacation. We are still looking forward to seeing Vienna. Perhaps next summer (and who knows, perhaps the Stones will return)?

Posted by: Koschi ()
Date: October 13, 2006 10:49

Vienna - best setlist

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: October 13, 2006 14:07

Just listened to the boot "We are the champions". Nice memories came back of a hot day in Milano. For me San Siro was one of the best shows in terms of atmosphere and of course we got Con Le Mie Lacrime.
Zurich was great from performance - absolutely brilliant sound and show. This were the two I attended, others I can't and won't judge.

sjouke

Posted by: G. the Cock ()
Date: October 13, 2006 14:31

Sjouke Wrote:
> Just listened to the boot "We are the champions".
> Nice memories came back of a hot day in Milano.
> For me San Siro was one of the best shows in terms
> of atmosphere and of course we got Con Le Mie
> Lacrime.
> Zurich was great from performance - absolutely
> brilliant sound and show. This were the two I
> attended, others I can't and won't judge.
>
> sjouke

Hey Sjouke!

It was a pleasure to meet you in Milan - greetings from my wife Iris, too!

Athmosphere-wise San Siro for me was the best show I've attended ever since my first in 1982!!!

Gunther

Truth is stranger than fiction

stoned greetings
G. The Cock

Posted by: charlotte ()
Date: October 13, 2006 16:24

2005/2006
Indoor
Charlotte Best in Show
Baltimore
Atlanta

Outdoor
Giants
UVa
Durham

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: October 13, 2006 18:04

Seen 6 thus far and I liked Gillette the best

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: October 14, 2006 01:26

GILLETTE RULES! And Marko, STREETS OF LOVE was beautifully sung by Mick! Everyone just roared approval! Brilliant! And it was not one of my favorite Stones ballads but after seeing it LIVE, it moved way up the list!

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: October 14, 2006 01:38

Debra,

"Streets of Love" was the first dog in that setlist. Brought a run of great performances and great choices to a screeching halt. Second was "Ain't To Proud To Beg" which, in my opinion, never takes off.

Easily the two low-lights of the show.

Christ, during "Streets of Love" Jagger so much as said 'This is kinda lame ain't it?" with the expression on his face after that ridiculously bad line "I was awful bad."

Everyone roared approval? Please. Everyone 'roars approval' when they play most anything.

J

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: October 14, 2006 01:52

Hey, let me say one thing:
I'm 19 years old, I've seen them just for 5 times now,
-Olymppiahalle Munich 2003
-Olympiastadion Munich 2006
-Olympiastadion Berlin 2006
-Stade de France Paris 2006
-Daimlerstadion Stuttgart 2006,

but each show hat its own acmatic, or better acmatics,

2003, when I was 16, I saw them for the first time, opening with a strong version of "Street Fighting Man", then my first stadium-shows in 2006...just greatd.
Man, in my mind, it doesen't matter for the atmosphere of a show, if there are 45.000 or all of the 65.000 places of the Olympiastadion in Berlian are filled...if THE MUSIC is good, the atmosphere is great, and so it was in Berlin, I thought.
Olympiahalle 2003 was realy great, but Berlin 2006...well, musically maybe not as good as some years before, but the energy-level in the crowd was almost perfect, I've never heard and seen such an avid crowd -I loved it, and my mom, too.

What I want to say is, that nobody can really say, what was the best show, he or she had ever seen, for me, I'm just happy to see Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Chary Watts and Ronnie Wood, never mind, how many mistakes they make on- and off-stage.

I JUST LOVE THEM, THEIR MUSIC, THEIR CHARISMA!!!!!!

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: October 14, 2006 02:07

MSG 1/18

Only saw two shows this tour (Fenway 1 being the other), but 1/18 might rank as the best Stones show I've ever seen (17 since '89).

Posted by: raptor ()
Date: October 14, 2006 02:57

Best show for me was Wellington,New Zealand Bigger Bang,simply Stunning gig.
Stones on fire,Grinning from ear to ear and that was the Stones.The Crowd were delerious.

Steve

Posted by: charlystone ()
Date: October 14, 2006 03:12

AJJAJAJAJJAJAJJ, jajajajajajaja!, the vest show was in Argentina!!, 21-02-2006-...............

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: October 14, 2006 03:12

Only whent to Bergen , but that show was surprisingly good.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 14, 2006 03:34

JMARKO Wrote:
> 1st Hollywood Bowl show may be the best Stones
> show I've ever seen. The playing was incredible,
> the sound was incredible, The whole show was high
> energy all the way through.

Those of us in L.A. have really been blessed on this tour. Between the 2 shows at the Hollywood Bowl and the Inglewood Forum show, we got some amazing shows both performance wise and setlist wise. Between those 3 shows we got 37 different songs, including 7 different songs from A Bigger Bang and the live debuts of As Tears Go By and It Won't Take Long. With all the complaints about setlists on this tour, I feel very lucky to have got these 3 shows. Add in the Anaheim show and we got 38 different songs in 4 shows. When they play at Dodger Stadium, I expect 7-9 songs that we did not get already.

Posted by: zee ()
Date: October 14, 2006 03:34

Wish you all could have been at the Calgary show....

Posted by: magenta ()
Date: October 14, 2006 07:50

The three show in the L.A. over the past year were all pretty cool. Anaheim rocked because nobody rocks the outdoors like the Stones. The second night at the Hollywood Bowl was great, we got "As Tears Go By", I had so much fun I almost tipped the bouncer who kept telling me move on a 100 bucks. But the Forum show in March was without a doubt the best I have ever seen them. They have never been better than that night. Prince at the Kodak 2002 was the best show that I have ever seen and the Stones at the Forum is second. I'll be at Dodger Stadium to check ém out. Cause like George Jones says...."Who's Gonna Fill Their Shoes?"

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 14, 2006 08:15

Out of the three I've seen, (Memphis, Atlanta, Louisville), I'd have to say Louisville, just because they seemed extra on and extra into it that night. There's something about shows in the rain, shared misery or something, I don't know. Plus (tho this has nothing to do with the music) the outdoor stage was amazing - first time I'd seen it because my other two shows were inside. Amazing stage, best I've ever seen out of a whole lotta rock shows.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: October 14, 2006 08:34

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-29 08:38 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: czr ()
Date: October 14, 2006 23:43

Well,
Moncton NB Canada Sept. 3/05
Out of the 6 shows that I've seen. 3 on this tour Toronto, Moncton Halifax, Sarsapalooza Benifit, & 2 on the BridgesTour (please don't laugh, if I could I would've seen more). Moncton was the best! Not just cause I was camping with my girlfriend & the were 85,000 people there & the weather was great & the opening line up was great & it was the Stones first visit to the Maratimes, but all those things & more! They played like 20 year olds. Mick running from the left to the far right, Keith starting the songs like it was his first & last time, Charlie keeping it tight & Ronnnie with so may tastful licks. Not to mention the rest of the band rocking as hard as the 4 remaining Stones. Bobby Keys solo in "Brown Sugar" has to be the best 30 seconds I ever experinced in my years of rocking out at shows. (& I've seen a few Motorhead, IronMaiden, Alice Cooper, RHCP, Prince, Genesis, Guns & Roses, U2, James Brown, Parliment/Funkadelic, Motley Crue, ZZ Top, Bo Diddly, BB King, SRV, Fabulous Thunder Birds,Rick James,INXS,Brian Adams, Stevie Wonder, Kool & the Gang, Temptations, Tragicly Hip, OLP, Fishbone, Foo Fighters, Smashing Pumkins, Nickle Back, Kiss, Metalica, Guess Who, RATM, Ramones, SoundGarden, Rancid, Kenny Rogers, Dixe Chicks, George Thurogood, April Wine, The Cult, Live, Creed, Cheryl Crow, Bush, Korn, Offspring, Cher, Slayer, Justin Timberlake, Dave Mathews, Limp Biskit just to name a few....lol.

Midnight Rambler was my personal highlight although I couldn't see them cause they were on the b stage & I was up front lol. I wish they didn't turn off the jumbotron when they move to that stadge sad smiley rrrr

It's Only R&R!
CZR.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-14 23:46 by czr.

Date: October 15, 2006 00:01

HONOLULU braddah!!!!!!!
Why? 'cuz it'll be a while before there's another show!
'natch'

;-)

Date: October 15, 2006 02:32

To each her own JMARKO! From where I was in the 10th row, center, the audience LOVED IT! You may not be a ballads kinda guy, your choice! The performance was GREAT!

Date: October 15, 2006 02:33

P.S. Yes Mick did roll his eyes when he sang " I was awfuly bad" because he is admitting he just can't be monogamous! Too bad L'Wren!

Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: October 15, 2006 09:30

somebody tally up the votes? giants 9/27, vienna msg 1/18 seem to have alot, also gillete and ft lauderdale.

Posted by: abb05 ()
Date: October 15, 2006 09:41

out of the 10 i saw this tour, i enjoyed Sheffield as much as any.

of course it's hard to pick just one.... Twick2 and 25Jan06 in Chicago were first rate too.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1081
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home