Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

o.T--The kinks
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: October 10, 2006 21:21

Beside our fav. Rolling stones, i ever like the Kinks. Dont know, if they are still on the road. Heard some Ray davies--stuff --today
great songwriter.What about his brother`?

Well--my 2 Top-ones in the 60-70th!!

Kinks alive?

Re: o.T--The kinks
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 10, 2006 21:33

topical enough news for ya ? smiling smiley

[novogate.com]

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 10, 2006 22:08

Somebody on the thread Gazza had a link to had a good idea: bring back Mick Avory if he's still alive and can play. He was their original drummer who got kicked out in the early '80s because of a feud with Dave Davies; hopefully Dave's near death experience will cause him to forgive and forget.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 10, 2006 22:14

Supposedly every member of all lineups of The Kinks are alive, making them one of the very few bands to originate in the 1960s to have every member still alive.

Posted by: maine road ()
Date: October 10, 2006 22:25

There is an article in todays UK Daily Mail on Dave Davies entitled 'The Stroke that put a kink in my life' (Bit of a dodgy title!)

Amongst other things he says that he is '92 per cent back to normal now' and 'one day' he hopes to go 'back on the road'.

No mention of a possible Kinks reunion as the article is solely about his recovery.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 10, 2006 22:40

Would be great to see the Kinks tour. They remain one of my all time favorites bands. I have heard they are open to the idea. Obviously, whether the brothers Davies want to do it is the question. Their back catalogue is massive and loaded with great songs.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 11, 2006 00:27

Both Ray and Dave Davies are working on new solo albums (Music From Big Weird and Fractured Minds, respectively). The long-rumored reunion talk seems to always crop up whenever Ray talks to the press. Much like the Monty Python team, it is something that will follow them for the rest of their lives even though I would rate the chances of anything other than a one-off reunion to be slim to none. Mick Avory and Pete Quaife still play as do John Dalton, Jim Rodford, Bob Henrit, John Gosling, and Ian Gibbons.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: October 11, 2006 01:55

Saw the Kinks on many tours. "Soap Opera" "Schoolboys" "Misfits" "Sleepwalker" and I'm sure I'm leaving a few out. Always a great show. Especially the 1977 show from Winterland. Ray Davies is one of the greatest frontman/showman ever.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: October 11, 2006 02:19

Always liked the Kinks , Had a roommate in the late '70's that was Kinks Freak .. turned me onto some really good music .

Schoolboys In Disgrace " is that the prototype for Angus of AC/DC ?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 11, 2006 03:18

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> topical enough news for ya ? smiling smiley
>
> [novogate.com]

Very topical Gazza. I am a big Kinks fan and got Ray Davies solo a couple months ago. Not the same without brother Dave. Here's wishing them the best of health and a possible reunion tour.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 11, 2006 05:01

The Kinks are the undisputed underdogs of the British invasion. Completely underappreciated by the press and public and really didn't start becoming successful until the late 70's as a large stadium touring band, which really brought on heeps of abuse from the British press, but they became the darlings of the American rock scene. THEY ARE GREAT!
Muswell Hillbillies is their Exile. A true masterpiece! I really enjoyed Ray's solo disc....and also hope Dave heals up and can play live again. It would be great for those two famous fueding bro's to reuinite one more time!

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: October 11, 2006 19:18

I saw their "Winterland"-show back in 1977. great gig. They did 2 gigs on that day. Cant remember if it was the first or second one.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: October 11, 2006 20:56

I was to attend Ray Davies tonight at The Olympia in Paris. But the show has been cancelled just now. The reason could be a slow sale. No ad, no promotion whatsoever. I am sad, because I consider him as the greatest British songwriter, after you know who.....Sad, sad, sad. Waterloo....

Posted by: Han ()
Date: October 12, 2006 00:52

There's a romour that Ray's whole European/UK tour has been postponed, based on a paragraph on orange.fr. I was wondering if any of our French posters (or anyone else for that matter) knew any more. Tickets are still on sale for the Albert Hall, which is the one I'm going to.... I'll be really cheesed off if it's cancelled.

You might have to scrape me off the floor at the end of the tour, but it'll be really good scrapings. - Mick Jagger

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1381
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home