Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How's Keith?
Posted by: Sole ()
Date: October 9, 2006 11:45

There were some scarrying comments about our man's health in recent reviews, as example see Regina II. Does anybody know more about Keith? Is he OK??

Re: How's Keith?
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 9, 2006 12:53

What has been said and where? Must have missed it.

Posted by: Sole ()
Date: October 9, 2006 13:09

See review from the Regina-Show October 8th:

"At the end, Keith fell to his knees, but it wasn't in the single motion you'd expect. It took him several stages as he did it gingerly. Arthritis? Some times during the night, he just looked disoriented. Maybe he was in a trance. He didn't seem to laugh much, or joke around with the other guys. If anything, his emotionless face reminded me of Muhammad Ali."

Date: October 9, 2006 13:16

Emotionless face = smack damage.
Still, though, I could agree its slightly worrying as it usually Cant Be Seen.
Saskatchewan's cold fall weather?

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 9, 2006 16:11

Hard to say. I guess a lot of us are keeping an eye on him these days. He's certainly not bouncing about at the moment with as much enthusiasm as he was this time last year. [I don't think his playing is any sloppier than it often has been througout his career... and his singing is probably better than it's been for A good while...strange ?]
Trouble is, it's easy to read too much into what we think we've observed if we aren't careful.

Suffice to say that I'm sure we all send Keith loads of mojo for his continued health and fitness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-09 18:38 by Spud.

Date: October 9, 2006 16:59

Have you perceived that Keith appears to be dressing very "low Key" on stage at the moment too ?

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: October 9, 2006 17:16

I have to say that he did strike me as slightly spaced out during the last show in Boston, too. He did seem to interact less with other band members than in other occasions, but on the other hand his guitar playing was much, much better than in the previous ABB shows I had seen. I believe he is probably just fine - I don't think they would let him go on stage if he weren't. But it is also possible that he's not quite as agile as usual - and that may be especially apparent on chilly nights.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: October 9, 2006 17:21

The chilly nights have to have something to do with it...hell, I'm almost twenty years younger, do yoga, and still stiffen up a bit when it's cold...

Posted by: Esperola ()
Date: October 9, 2006 18:15

Beer good! Yoga's bad!

LOL

"Rape, murder, it's just a shot away..."

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 9, 2006 18:25

It was c-c-c-c-cold, (36 Fahrenheit, 2 Celsius) and you don't have to have arthritis to feel uncomfortable.
which doesn't help when you do have it.

Date: October 9, 2006 18:30

I didn't realise it was that cold !
That would do it to me. I'd hardly be able to play a freakin note !

Here's hoping to see Keith spinning and reeling again soon.

[It always tickles me when keith sets off running back up the side stage at some point in every show...just to say, "...hey look, I can still raise a trot too...not just that health obsessed pillock with the microphone " ;^)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-09 18:43 by Spud.

Date: October 9, 2006 20:34

Not a genius thing to book him up there on two outdoor concerts
this late on the season.
The temperature argument towards a Göteborg gig about 5-10 Sep.,
hypothetically, just gets more ridiculous in this perspective
(about 15-20 degrees and over there since then until this very day).

Hope Chicago offers a hotter climate.

Wish SK can get nore gigs too; but indoors or when its milder.

Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: October 9, 2006 21:24

A doctor travels with them all the way, and a neurologist is on call back stage at every show. Believe me, if something serious was the matter with Keith, they would not let him perform. PErhaps he just had a drink too many? Happens to me all the time.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 9, 2006 22:27

Spud wrote:

Here's hoping to see Keith spinning and reeling again soon.

Reeling and Rocking - just a nod to Chuck Berry

Date: October 9, 2006 22:35

Serious is a matter of perspective.
If you suffer from severe Arthritis, your
whole body is achin and you're freezin to death,
forced to perform in + 2 degrees (thats about what we have here
now in the late evenin' & I assure ya'all I wont get out and take a walk tonite)
you might just feel its serious at the moment and you reduce your movements
& crack less smiles than usual. Am I wrong here?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 9, 2006 22:37

Speaking from experience, it's hard to play guitar outside when it's cold. The fingers just don't want to work as fast.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 10, 2006 00:48

Considering the caves he's slept in
and all the concoctions that have passed
through the system it looks like he's doin' real fine...

Gotta few mates who are only in their 50's and
some of them shufflin'....aching...and sadly a couple have croaked it....TAKE CARE KEITH

ROCKMAN

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: October 10, 2006 02:50

I can't help but think how ridiculous it seems with x different doctors on tour with them, considering what the so called "doctors" were prescribing back in the heydays... Maybe if they'd kept the medicine outta the way then, they wouldn't need any today either. But that, of course, is not compatible with any sort of realistic rock 'n' roll thinking and has nothing to do with arthritis or outdoor temperatures. Still, I can't see it as aging with grace, having some "professional" watching you and deciding when it's time to stop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-10 02:51 by LieB.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 10, 2006 03:55

Sometimes he looks like one of those zombies from Night of the Living Dead. other times he's having a good time. It's a roll of the old tumblin' dice to which Keith you'll get.

Date: October 10, 2006 11:17

So nothing's changed then..
...for the last 30 years or so ;^)

Date: October 10, 2006 17:52

Reckon the Arthritis (spelling?) is one difference.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-10 17:52 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: October 10, 2006 18:02

J.J.Flash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sometimes he looks like one of those zombies from
> Night of the Living Dead. other times he's having
> a good time. It's a roll of the old tumblin' dice
> to which Keith you'll get.

You said it - in Horsens he kicked ass...that wicked old smile permanently fixed to his mug moving around with no problem it seemed....and the guy is nearly 63

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: October 10, 2006 19:58

And after 100+ concerts in a year I can't imagine I would still be having a good time on stage every single night.

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: October 10, 2006 20:10

... an ya all expect em to row back to europe................

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 10, 2006 21:51

I saw Giants and Churchill Downs, and he was definitely looking better at Churchill downs. At Giants, most of the concert his eyes were closed, and he kept his gaze fixed to his guitar. It was a bit disconcerting. At Louisville, he was more animated, and his playing was great. I don't know what the cause it. It was freezing in louisville, but I have no doubt that cold nights could be difficult for someone in his condition. He does not seem as alert as he was in europe, or as animated (I keep remembering Amsterdam, where he was constantly smiling and laughing)

Posted by: RollingStoner ()
Date: October 11, 2006 00:25

Arthritics have a more difficult time in the cold. My uncle, who has rheumatoid arthritis, is moving to Arizona from the NYC area to live in a consistantly warm climate.

Posted by: ig ()
Date: October 11, 2006 02:02

Keith was also different in the Oporto show on 12th August and it was summertime: very reserved, worried about someting... For a moment, when I saw him walking in the direction of the singers, I thought something was wrong with him. But then he smiled back to them and I felt more relieved. He ended up the show with a spectacular rendition of Satisfaction but the absence during the other songs (except his «two») was more or less notorious.
Patti was with him as well as his daughter Theodora, not only there but in other european shows too, so he is almost permanently with his family.
We all love him and I think he has no other choice than act like this and protect himself (medical orders, state of mind, a new «me», an old «me», whatever) until the end of this mammoth tour. He is a very brave guy and the Rolling Stones are a very professional band (and never forget - they are also a way of life, no doubt about it).

Date: October 11, 2006 09:34

Oport Aug 12 & the recent Regina may not be compared.
There may be more than one reason for people to not be On at 100%
all the time. This dude has been that for 42 year, man;
thats my whole life.. And I'm an oool' ('n' mean) bastard...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-11 09:34 by Baboon Bro.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1294
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home