Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
New songs rehearsed
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 8, 2006 19:24

The Stones don't do many soundchecks themselves at the actual venues these days, so it is hard to listen in public outside the venues what is to come. But according to Chuck and other sources they do soundcheck backstage of course, and some of the songs that they have been working on, and could be expected live soon on this tour, are "She Was Hot" and "Loving Cup".

Bjornulf

Re: New songs rehearsed
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 8, 2006 19:25

soon? time ain't on their side - the tour's coming to close soon! c'mon boys - strap it on!!!!

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: October 8, 2006 19:46

nice bv....

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: October 8, 2006 20:02

They already rehearsed "She Was Hot" in the pre-tour rehearsals for Europe 2003 in Munich. I have read this on iorr and I went very expectant to Munich...but indeed, I only got "Love In Vain", "Haertbreaker" or "Mannish Boy" ;-)
No, it was a great show!!!
But I doubt that they'll play "She Was Hot", I don't know why...just a feeling.

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: October 8, 2006 20:07

They also rehearsed Lady Jane in Munich!

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: October 8, 2006 20:21

and in addition to that - from Chuck:

While we were doing that, Val Adamson, Michael Cohl’s personal assistant, came by to drop off some paperwork that Michael had for me. It was a list of all the songs the Stones have released on film or DVD, as well as those never done or never released. This is good info to have for our upcoming shows, and no doubt Mick and I will be consulting this list in addition to the one we already have going.

The next few shows (including Beacon) could become special, I think...

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-08 20:22 by Lorenz.

Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: October 8, 2006 20:30

Come on, guys! Munich 2003 is over 3 years ago. So if they rehearse these songs again - they probably intend to do them. Did you miss the fact that BV quoted Chuck...? You know, Chuck, the keyboard player, the band leader, the man who writes down and discusses the set lists with Mick Jagger.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-08 20:37 by Tralala.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: October 8, 2006 20:32

Yeah, Chuck wrote that in his blog. He often writes about songs they rehearse, etc.
But he also wrote that he "hopes they will be played soon"...

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Date: October 8, 2006 20:35

The songs are coming. I am pretty sure. This is not pre-tour rehearsals. If they get bthem to work, and if Mick get to do most of the lyrics, they will do these songs. Tonigh in Regina, or may be in Chicago, quite probably actually, or in Atlantic City. Or at Beacon pretty sure. They are coming. Plus a few other rarities of course.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: October 8, 2006 20:54

Do you think Atlantic City will be special? It's a quite small arena... And I've got brilliant tix! They can play whatever they want - and if they play Wild Horses - I'll be forever gratefull. If they don't, they'll do it another time.

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: October 8, 2006 21:17

She Saw Me Coming was soundchecked in Louisville.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: October 8, 2006 21:20

Cool! I'll keep hope alive for those songs. If I hear either of them I will be ever so happy.

Date: October 8, 2006 21:50

taz22 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She Saw Me Coming was soundchecked in Louisville.

did you or anyone else hear it? i'm interested to know how it sounded. best song on ABB by a country mile....

Posted by: johang ()
Date: October 8, 2006 22:04

That sounds promising. We will see, I just hope they only make it interesting at Beacon and then go back to the old lists.

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: October 8, 2006 22:13

She was hot hot hot...played fast and with loud guitars...that would be another dream come true. Would be great as No. 2 in the setlist or on the b-stage. Would be great to have it anywhere.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: October 8, 2006 22:16

Good news and I feel Chicago is gonna taste..the honey of'''She Was Hot''thats fo sure.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 8, 2006 22:19

Chicago will get shafted as usual. Same safe setlist and my wife will smack me for making her go again.

Date: October 8, 2006 22:21

Every market they have done a number of shows in or around during this show will get changes in the set list. So far Boston and Giants. Next are Chicago, Atlantic City, NYC and LA. All these places where they are expecting many fans coming for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th time on this tour alone.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: October 8, 2006 22:21

See Bjornulf, IMHO Mick and/or Chuck most likely read my "Name 5 songs never played live" thread on here. SHE WAS HOT was definitely the #1 choice and LOVING CUP was way up there. This sounds good, another job well done thanks to IORR. MB PS, OH, let's not forget BACK STREET GIRL as a new slow one or TILL THE NEXT GOODBYE for a little very slight country flavor if possible.....

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: October 8, 2006 22:33

I was in the RI in Louisville when they were running through SSMC w/o vocals. It sounded great.

Posted by: Pie1 ()
Date: October 8, 2006 22:37

Am I the only one not to like She Was Hot? White, bland, FM rock to my ears. My vote for 'Song that should be kept unplayed'

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 8, 2006 22:40

Yeah, you're the only one winking smiley

Date: October 8, 2006 22:41

not a big fan of the song, either, Pie1 - but ANYTHING different in the set is welcome these days. I actually think the song might work better than on the album, too. it was pretty bland, I agree....but so was the entire decade!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 8, 2006 22:46

One of their hottest, most smokin' rockers ever imho...
But... To each his own...

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: October 8, 2006 22:58

Baboon Bro Wrote:
> One of their hottest, most smokin' rockers ever
> imho...
> But... To each his own...

Thats so true!!!And the long radio version is even better..makes one jump!!

Date: October 8, 2006 23:03

Pie1 Wrote:
> Am I the only one not to like She Was Hot? White,
> bland, FM rock to my ears. My vote for 'Song that
> should be kept unplayed'

Yeah because UNDERCOVER is the one very overlooked album due to the band not touring behind it (and the band not getting along too well during this period). Only UNDERCOVER OF THE NIGHT has been played off of it - even the much more inferior next album DIRTY WORK has had 2 songs played - ONE HIT and HARLEM SHUFFLE. SHE WAS HOT is at least as good as SHE'S SO COLD, gotta agree with that one....

Date: October 8, 2006 23:04

I can imagine Mick doing "She Was Hot" on stage. Great musically. Great performace wise as well. For sure. It might even work on the B-stage.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 8, 2006 23:11

I've always imagined She Was Hot to be a real killer, performed live.
I wonder if Ronnie still has that bendable rubber-guitar? Hehe.

Date: October 8, 2006 23:17

Yeah, the rubber guitar neck, that was a good video....too bad that actress/dancer died so young (cancer I think) I saw her in some films ("Ruthless People" was one I think), she was good, such a shame......

Date: October 8, 2006 23:20

80's videos. ugh. mtv. ugh. thanks for the reminder. ugh.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1732
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home