Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Soldier Field Question
Posted by: chiefs45177 ()
Date: October 6, 2006 04:41

So, the tickets say "No Cameras/Recorders", but I have been to a number of shows lately with tickets stating this, and EVERYONE has cameras. Never been to a show at Soldier Field, so how are they as far as security/pat downs???

Re: Soldier Field Question
Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: October 6, 2006 04:54

Light when I went in last September...

Posted by: hailtothestones ()
Date: October 6, 2006 05:00

Chiefs for a serious answer. From every past concert experience, I can tell you come with a woman who will put it in her purse. You can have a camera but just cant get by security with it straight in your hand. You need to kinda hid it. See ya at the show!!!!

Date: October 6, 2006 05:01

I am flying in for work,and staying by O'Hare. I'm just afraid if I take it all the way to the show and then can't get in with it, I'll have to take it back to the hotel.

Date: October 6, 2006 05:03

Well, I am going by myself...I just snuck my camera into a show where I live (in Ohio) by sticking it in my pants. I thought maybe they'd have wands or metal detectors at such a big show.

Posted by: rocks off ()
Date: October 6, 2006 05:28

I went to Fenway, Soldier Field, SBC in SF and the United Center and had my camera each time. No check was performed.

Posted by: TombstoneShadow ()
Date: October 6, 2006 10:41

Soldier Field had been quite tight on prior gigs I'd seen there.

But for the Stones there was just a young kid out on the ramp and he made a joke with me and then waved me through, no pat-down at all, very surprising. By contrast, the UC, Tweeter, Rosemont, etc. are all much tighter, been busted at all of them.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: October 17, 2006 00:06

I was surprised at the lack of security at the door at Soldier Field. We raced down from Milwaukee (missed a couple songs....wife worked late) and an right into the stadium...stopping just long enough to get our tickets scanned. Simply stashed the point & shoot camera inside my coat pocket (remember...it was 35 degrees). No problems taking pictures...except removing gloves first.

To be honest I think they only enforce the camera thing when you're right up
by the stage and can really get some decent shots. Sometimes they clarify "no professional cameras allowed"...meaning SLRs.

Other areas of security at Soldier Field were tough. The women next to us kept getting harassed every time she lit up a cigarette. Lots of tattle-tales. The security finally gave up. (keith was allowed to smoke)

And...we had planned to sneak down to the ground level and make our way toward the stage...but it was impossible. 2 security guards at each point...would have needed a major distraction to pull them from their posts.

Date: October 17, 2006 00:16

I was just there. Absolutly NO security at the gates at all!!! Just the people who scan your tickets and thats it. No pat downs, no metal detectors, nothing! I snuck in 2 disposable cameras in fear that there would be tight security. I could have taken in one of those huge video cameras and nobody would have found it. But near the B-Stage is a completly different story. I was row 10, right in front of the B-Stage, but I wanted to get closer. The as*hole security guards would not let me through. So when a throng of people tried to do the same thing, I snuck past and ended up in row 3. AMAZING!! Nothing like the B-Stage experience!

"She's got a mind of her own, yeah, and she use it mighty fine..."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2111
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home