Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

List of songs not played yet...for Beacon Theater
Posted by: donnywas ()
Date: October 5, 2006 23:00

Interesting little info from Chuck's website:

- Quote -
Val Adamson, Michael Cohl’s personal assistant, came by to drop off some paperwork that Michael had for me. It was a list of all the songs the Stones have released on film or DVD, as well as those never done or never released. This is good info to have for our upcoming shows, and no doubt Mick and I will be consulting this list in addition to the one we already have going.
- End Of Quote -

So they (or in that case Chuck Leavell) are preparing a special setlist for the Beacon shows, because they'll be filmed (by M.Scorsese) and released on DVD.

Re: List of songs not played yet...for Beacon Theater
Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 6, 2006 01:02

This is great news on many levels. The fact that they apparently will do more tour debuts at the beacon also works well for those of us going to shows in November. If they're happy with how some of those songs go over, they may try them in again, especially in the return market shows in Oakland, Glendale, Las Vegas and Los Angeles.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: October 6, 2006 01:36

no reason to get over-excited thats my opinion!!! are they speaking of 'tour debuts'? obviously NO!!! they are speaking of songs not yet available on film or DVD. As Tears Go By, Sway, All Down Line, Oh No Not You Again, Rough Justice, Streets Of Love, It Won't Take Long, Back Of My Hand, You Got The Silver, This Place Is Empty, Get Off Of My Cloud belong to this group of songs so its well possible that Chuck was asked to consider these -which are no tour debuts at all!!!- in the Beacon setlists! however its good to have finally official live versions of these when DVD comes out. its of course possible that tour devbuts will pop up at Beacon shows but I doubt it a little bit that they play in fact songs which they did not already played during this tour because I am sure that they dont want @#$%& up the film and DVD shooting by playing insecure versions of first-timers.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 6, 2006 01:38

Great, we will finally get the long awaited DVD of the No Security set, even if it was filmed in 2006!

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 6, 2006 02:17

alimente Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> no reason to get over-excited thats my opinion!!!
> are they speaking of 'tour debuts'? obviously
> NO!!! they are speaking of songs not yet available
> on film or DVD. As Tears Go By, Sway, All Down
> Line, Oh No Not You Again, Rough Justice, Streets
> Of Love, It Won't Take Long, Back Of My Hand, You
> Got The Silver, This Place Is Empty, Get Off Of My
> Cloud belong to this group of songs so its well
> possible that Chuck was asked to consider these
> -which are no tour debuts at all!!!- in the Beacon
> setlists! however its good to have finally
> official live versions of these when DVD comes
> out. its of course possible that tour devbuts will
> pop up at Beacon shows but I doubt it a little bit
> that they play in fact songs which they did not
> already played during this tour because I am sure
> that they dont want @#$%& up the film and DVD
> shooting by playing insecure versions of
> first-timers.

Good point Alimente.

Date: October 6, 2006 02:26

Don't forget about the way they handled the 1995 live recordings.Those club shows featured live debuts (Shine A Light for example) and songs new to the tour (the first Rip This Joint since '75) and it worked out well.

Posted by: KingBee ()
Date: October 6, 2006 02:26

my obsession

we love you ( for the Democrats)

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: October 6, 2006 03:18

Come on guys,pull out Citadel.Wouldn't it be cool to have a live version of that one on dvd?

I guess that Beacon setlist will definetely be a special one with at least couple of great surprises and some of the gems they have been playing on this tour(As tears go buy,Sway,She's so cold etc,.

Posted by: RollingStoner ()
Date: October 6, 2006 04:25

I bet they'll do Let It Loose for Martin Scorsese. He has used it a few times in his films including his new picture, The Departed.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: October 6, 2006 04:32

Okay guys, I am feeling vaguely optimistic. Why don't we see, for the hell of it, if we can take this thread somewhere. Isn't it known that minds from the Stones' camp visit this site? If you're feeling game, let's each name 10 songs that we personally would like to see done at the Beacon Theatre show that have not been on dvd yet. Maybe the right person (i.e. someone like Chuck) will take notice and pass along suggestions. Why not anyway? I'll start.

1. Dead Flowers
2. Sway (especially for those that didn't catch it on this tour)
3. Ain't Too Proud To Beg (the dvd's always seem to include a cover)
4. Little T&A
5. She's So Cold
6. All About You
7. Back of My Hand
8. Loving Cup
9. Let It Loose
10. Faraway Eyes

Posted by: RollingStoner ()
Date: October 6, 2006 05:07

1. Let It Loose
2. Ventilator Blues
3. Soul Survivor
4. Out Of Time
5. Heart Of Stone
6. Loosing My Touch
7. Long Long While
8. Time Waits For No One
9. Far Away Eyes
10. Slave
11. Cherry Oh Baby!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-06 05:08 by RollingStoner.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: October 6, 2006 05:33

Not sure if it has been on dvd/film, but

HOT STUFF

would be cool.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: October 6, 2006 09:30

It clearly states: "as well as those never done". It is encouraging.

BTW "She's So Cold" & "Little T&A" are already on film (LSTNT).

Pretty sure "Hot Stuff" is on the PARIS '76 film but who knows if Cohl's list is that extensive.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: October 6, 2006 10:05

Theif in the Night Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't forget about the way they handled the 1995
> live recordings.Those club shows featured live
> debuts (Shine A Light for example) and songs new
> to the tour (the first Rip This Joint since '75)
> and it worked out well.

yes but that was 11 years ago, listening to first appearances of songs like Sway and It Won't Take long for example shows that by this time, they usually dont exactly nail songs at first time, it usually takes some shows to get into them by now. I dont want to spoil the fun, but all I say is I would not get over-excited, if indeed some songs we dont even dream of pop up at Beacon shows, I would be more than happy. but if they are not played well, they will not be included in film and DVD anyways. I must also say that on many occasions in the past years expectations from fans went through the roof but reality then turned out a bit disappointing so I prefer to keep my expectations low this time and possibly get real surprised!

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: October 6, 2006 16:40

I already did a list like this a week ago. 5 songs never played live before. I'll get it back to page one since a lot of people responded. Then someone can get it to Chuck. Starting a whole new one makes no sense. Besides Glam Des. mention of Paris '76 for HOT STUFF there's also Knebworth '76 Video/DVD for Hot Stuff...It ain't that great anyway...... If the band Debuts ONE never before played live song at the Beacon it will be a miracle - don't hold your breath.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1280
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home