Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: beacon tickets - updates
Posted by: GTinsdale ()
Date: October 17, 2006 22:28

If my hunch is correct, tickets for the Beacon shows won't be released until approx. 2-3 days before the show. Why? Simple - it won't leave enough time to turn around and sell them on eBay for $10,000. The purpose of the show is to put enthusiastic (that's the key word) people in the seats for the documentary Scorsese is filming. If you pay $10K for a seat, you're not going to be very enthusiastic. Again, just a hunch. As to how they're going to release the tickets, I would be very surprised if was through Ticketmaster. There's not enough money in it for Ticketmaster to risk crashing their site considering the anticpated deluge of requests. Platinum fan club members of rollingstones.com will probably get first dibs. Again, just a hunch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-22 20:46 by bv.

Re: beacon tix $35-50 for both shows
Posted by: musicsmyteefine ()
Date: October 17, 2006 22:50

GTinsdale Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If my hunch is correct, tickets for the Beacon
> shows won't be released until approx. 2-3 days
> before the show. Why? Simple - it won't leave
> enough time to turn around and sell them on eBay
> for $10,000. The purpose of the show is to put
> enthusiastic (that's the key word) people in the
> seats for the documentary Scorsese is filming. If
> you pay $10K for a seat, you're not going to be
> very enthusiastic. Again, just a hunch. As to how
> they're going to release the tickets, I would be
> very surprised if was through Ticketmaster.
> There's not enough money in it for Ticketmaster to
> risk crashing their site considering the
> anticpated deluge of requests. Platinum fan club
> members of rollingstones.com will probably get
> first dibs. Again, just a hunch.

Posted by: musicsmyteefine ()
Date: October 17, 2006 22:54

musicsmyteefine Wrote:
> GTinsdale Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If my hunch is correct, tickets for the Beacon
> > shows won't be released until approx. 2-3 days
> > before the show. Why? Simple - it won't leave
> > enough time to turn around and sell them on
> eBay
> > for $10,000. The purpose of the show is to put
> > enthusiastic (that's the key word) people in
> the
> > seats for the documentary Scorsese is filming.
> If
> > you pay $10K for a seat, you're not going to be
> > very enthusiastic. Again, just a hunch. As to
> how
> > they're going to release the tickets, I would
> be
> > very surprised if was through Ticketmaster.
> > There's not enough money in it for Ticketmaster
> to
> > risk crashing their site considering the
> > anticpated deluge of requests. Platinum fan
> club
> > members of rollingstones.com will probably get
> > first dibs. Again, just a hunch.

But wouldn't it make just as much sense to sell them now, through ticketmaster or similar site and make it a WILL CALL situation...? That way people wouldn't have time to sell them on ebay or scalp them either. However, putting them on sale now would permit people from out of town to make travel plans, etc!

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: October 18, 2006 01:15

I like the 2/3 day before, real-fan scenario(plus this real-fan New Yorker needs to believe it>)

The possible flaws with the 'will call' for all option are a couple of thousand people having to line up early to get the tickets and file in to the theater and the time that allows scalpers/touts to do some serious street hawking.

Posted by: GTinsdale ()
Date: October 18, 2006 01:31

A Will Call scenario is definitely a possibility, though, as deadegad points out, now you've got 2,500 people for each show lining up on Broadway to pick up their tickets. Besides, with tickets going for $30-$50, the Beacon is making very little on these shows. In fact, they're probably making more in rent from the film studio that is financing the documentary. I'm sure they would be reluctant to agree to a Will Call situation considering the inherent hassles.

As far as 2-3 days not leaving enough time for people to make travel plans, I would guess it's not even a consideration. You're talking about pulling an audience of 5,000 from a local population of 8 million. It should take all of 12 minutes to move these tickets. :-)

Posted by: Bluespeyer ()
Date: October 18, 2006 01:38

GTinsdale -

You make some good points, but the idea of Ticketmaster's site crashing from the deluge of requests is not one of them.

On the 2002 tour, tickets for the Orpheum in Boston, the Tower in Philly, Roseland in NYC and the Aragon in Chicago were all sold through ticketmaster. The site handled the traffic just fine.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: October 18, 2006 02:02

Over at shidoobee it states the fanclub is doing a COMPETITON for tickets. grim.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 18, 2006 02:13

UH OH, NOT GOOD NEWS

Posted by: JMoisica ()
Date: October 18, 2006 02:36

i don't have a fan club/legacy membership deal, but i am in NY, and willing to line up. Am i screwed out of any small chance of getting a ticket?

Date: October 18, 2006 02:39

no your not, it looks like they may do a cash only ticketmaster outlet sale
week of the show, i have been hearing this alot today, and the tix will be will call at the beacon, not confirmed though

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 18, 2006 03:24

the e-mail just sent by rs.com for the contest states :

"Only Fan Club members have the chance to win tickets to both of these amazing shows".

Whether that means just the contest or (by implication) ANY of the tickets that are sold to the public, Im not sure. I'd like to think that this dopey contest isnt the only outlet

Date: October 18, 2006 03:28

oh i hope not, then i am screwed, but i will not be sucked into dropping another $100 on a membership for a slim chance, i still think there will be
a public sale with some type of wristband or will call

Posted by: keefkid ()
Date: October 18, 2006 03:54

melillo Wrote:
> no your not, it looks like they may do a cash only
> ticketmaster outlet sale
> week of the show, i have been hearing this alot
> today, and the tix will be will call at the
> beacon, not confirmed though

what do you mean cash only TM outlet? you mean you actually have to leave your computer and go somewhere to get the tixs ??? like in the old days???

wooooohoooooo

they i actually might have a chance...

Date: October 18, 2006 03:57

yes thats what i was told today by a person at one of the outlets for ticketmaster, not confirmed but he thinks this will happen the week of the show
at select outlets

Posted by: keefkid ()
Date: October 18, 2006 04:02

well, the shows are on Sunday and Tuesday so maybe the week before i guess ...

thanks!!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 18, 2006 09:34

See IORR News about the contest. If you did not get the e-mail there is a link there to use anyway.

Bjornulf

Beacon Theater
Posted by: Gricha ()
Date: October 22, 2006 15:50

What is the deal for Beacon Theater? Is it possible to get tix without being a personnal friend of Bill Clinton?

Grichka >> [collateral-interference.blogspot.com]

Re: Beacon Theater
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 22, 2006 15:53

It's a contest. Look on www.rollingstones.com for info, alternatively the news page on IORR.

Posted by: Gricha ()
Date: October 22, 2006 17:32

Anyone know about fan club packages or stuff?

Grichka >> [collateral-interference.blogspot.com]

Date: October 22, 2006 18:45

I called ticket master and they had no info what so ever about the beacon shows
going on sale at anytime and did not even have these shows on the ticketmaster computer, she had no idea what i was talking about, this is not good

Date: October 22, 2006 20:31

just checked a place called select a ticket, they were asking 9,000 per ticket
how can this stuff be legal, its a disgrace that they get away with this crap, even if they dont sell them , just the nerve to charge that much is insaine, how could there not be a law against that

Posted by: Richard Deaner ()
Date: October 22, 2006 20:44

I would suspect that the people on the phones at TM would probably be the last to know about this show as they are about most others. If by some remote chance they did, I doubt they would be permitted to talk about it. Perhaps, the tickets will be sold in another way?

It sounds like the crew has arrived at the Beacon and have started to set up for the shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-22 20:52 by Richard Deaner.

Re: beacon tickets - updates & info
Date: October 22, 2006 21:11

I dont understand why they cant just tell us when and how the public sale will
happen, why must they make it so difficult man, its a concert its not like the president is going to be walking down the street with no body guards, why must it be like this, just say when the public sale is and thats it, it would calm everyone down and we would not have all this mess, its just ridiculous man

Date: October 22, 2006 21:32

Doubt these tickets will actually "go on sale"...at least on a traditional sense...
Mostly by special invitation, contests, or pure random luck.

Anyone here a D.C. intern?

;-)

Posted by: Richard Deaner ()
Date: October 22, 2006 22:05

melillo Wrote:
> I dont understand why they cant just tell us when
> and how the public sale will
> happen, why must they make it so difficult man,
> its a concert its not like the president is going
> to be walking down the street with no body guards,
> why must it be like this, just say when the public
> sale is and thats it, it would calm everyone down
> and we would not have all this mess, its just
> ridiculous man

I agree it's all a bit much, melillo! I've already booked my transportation, etc. to New York for both shows with no idea about tickets other than entering the contest. I'm sure they have reasons for all the delay (a film crew, camera set ups, a former President & all sorts of other variables), but it is very frustrating!

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: October 23, 2006 00:13

I understand the frustrations about the lacck of info, I'm entered in the contest BTW, but to the extent that non-Firends-of-Bill will get tickets, the lack of info must be to our benefit.

It must be an anti-scalping device with the intent being to get $35/$50 tickets into fan-hands, not scalpers. Let's face it ceap Stones ticket @Beacon are a gold-rush for scalpers.

I beleive The Stones are acting on our behalf.

From the Shidobee Boards-Do Not Expect a Public Ticket Sale (Beacon)
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 23, 2006 07:40

I am excerpting some posts from the Shidobee boards -- what do you all think?

Do Not Expect a Public Ticket Sale

Alrighty, I suppose I’m setting myself up to be skewered here, but my friend involved in the Beacon shows told me there is no way there is going to be a public ticket sale to either Beacon show. The venue is too small, the film crew and equipment too numerous, and the number of VIPs attending both shows overwhelming. Sorry, but that’s the scoop.

another:
one other thing Zacksdoobie I'm very positive that if you line up and camp out ALL WEEK AT THE BEACON you will get in. Some one will tell Cohl that you have been there all week long he is a Real "MENSCH" he wil shoot you 2 tickets for being there so long.But you better get your ass down there now and think POSITIVE.

another:
My friend is a friend of 20+ years who is directly involved in preparations for next week. He is not affiliated with the Beacon -- sorry if it sounded that way.

He asked me to not say his name because he will be fired if anything is traced back to him. He explained that the security and secrecy around these shows is off-the-scale extreme, and that the people involved only have the specific information they need to perform their specific responsibilities. So, if any specific information becomes public knowledge, it very easy to trace the leak to one, or a few, people involved.

Being non-specific makes me feel like a big turd, but it is the only way I can share information with the world’s greatest Stones fans without getting my friend fired.

I’m surprised at how alarmed my friend is about fans spending their money either on general admission tickets (he says there is no such thing for these shows) or on making airline/hotel reservations based on hope. He has no life right now, but when he gets a break, he checks out the ticket and fan boards, is horrified at all the speculation out there, and insistant that I pass this info on.

another:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hate to be all doom and gloom, but I’ll continue to post anything I hear,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are not "DOOM & GLOOM" just a realist. In aug 2005 at the club gig @ the phoinex in Toronto there were hundreds of fans who did not get in .A lot of fans came from far away. One girl inparticular I remember crying ,swearing calling Cohl a @#$%& @#$%& and every other name you can imagine. This could also be the same scene out side of the Beacon for some fans.But there will be some lucky ones that is the chance you must take in these situations.

AGAIN -- WHAT DO YOU THINK??

tim from Plexiglass, montana

Re: From the Shidobee Boards-Do Not Expect a Public Ticket Sale (Beacon)
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 23, 2006 08:03

More from Shidobee:

Stones stage arrives!
I just did another walk by.
I noticed one of the rolling black cases was labeled: ATOMIC STROBE!

Back doors were open and plenty of crew milling around. They have no ticket info- but one crew member who talk to us did not think there would be a sale to public.

Also- when film companies shut down streets here in NY they post memos explaining why the street is being closed down and they give you some production info.

I saw a posting that claimed the project is a documentary film by martin Scorsese called, "Shine a Light". It is a behind the scenes look at the world of rock and roll. It went on the say the streets would be shut down the nights of the shows and that BOTH shows are Charity events!

Date: October 23, 2006 09:07

I think anyone who does get in to this show will have quite the tale to tell in the end...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 23, 2006 10:11

Only one thread about Beacon and tickets please!

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1613
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home