Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Fire sales for Oakland and Los Angeles
Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 3, 2006 20:35

The 4 tickets and 4 tshirts for $199 sale continues in many of the remaining cities on the tour. I just received an email for the Oakland show and it says this discount will run til November 4th, the day before the show. The password to use on Ticketmaster is startmeup and can be accessed through this link [www.bgp.com]

For Los Angeles, I had not heard the password, but just guessed and typed in dodger and that turned out to be the password.

Re: Fire sales for Oakland and Los Angeles
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 3, 2006 20:39

Looks like I wont even have to pound the pavement, I can just hang out by where they are handing out the T Shirts.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: October 3, 2006 21:01

Don't tell me the "people" out here in LA are finally getting wise enough to
say: screw this

to paying that kind of money to go to the worst place for a concert, a 55,000
seat baseball stadium...

MLC

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 3, 2006 21:12

Halup, thanks for coming up with the "secret" password. Guess they don't know that RS fans are SMART!

Just checked it out, password worked (DUH!) but I can't bring myself to sit in a baseball stadium clear up in nowhere land.

Guess I'm just not obsessed enough but I have such GREAT memories of the Hollywood Bowl last fall I hate to spoil them.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 3, 2006 21:48

I'll probably won't buy tickets till a few days before the concert next year in Europe. Ticket sales will be even slower

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 3, 2006 21:53

the real fire sales will be happening in the days/hours/minutes before these gigs.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 3, 2006 21:59

It's like they are trying to wring out every last cent they can get for touring, no matter how little. They should change the name of this leg of the tour to "Fan Dollars - Good To The Last Drop."

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 3, 2006 21:59

My plan will be to wait for a potential drop of $99 first 10 row tickets. I can justify paying that high amount to see the Stones from a decent enough location, but not any more than that. Otherwise, Dan has a good point. People may buy this 4 pack of tickets and may not end up using all 4. When they go to collect the tshirts, they may have tickets they are ready to sell for very cheap or more than likely, there'll be a few ready to just give them away.

For Anaheim last year, I bought a $160 (really more like $180 with fees) floor ticket for $80 outside. I probably jumped the gun and overpayed, but once I was inside, I just walked into the $450 center floor section and watched the show form there. There were plenty of empty seats and security was lax, so I was easily able to walk to the front of the second section back from the stage, so about 25 rows back. I knew when the B stage was going to happen, so I walked over there and got within 10 feet of that stage, then walked right back to where I had been. Security never asked to see my ticket.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 3, 2006 22:37

There are reasonably priced tickets in all price ranges for virtually all shows if you are willing to wait. The exceptions seem to be Las Vegas, Churchill Downs and perhaps Vancouver, surprisingly. I have not seen a lot of secondary market tickets for Vancouver -- although perhaps it's because I'm in the US and don't know where to look. Oakland is WIDE open.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 3, 2006 23:13

Vancouver was pretty much sold out the first day. Checking the local Vancouver newspapers, I'm actually surprised that I don't see many tickets for sale in the classified ads. In the previous shows they played here, I recall seeing quite a few tickets for sale in the classifieds.
I think maybe because they haven't played here in a while (1998) there is demand to see them again, and the fact that this quite possibly be the last time they come to town.

Posted by: MicknSteven ()
Date: October 4, 2006 00:19

Most of the Stones Shows are selling pretty terrible, the Dodger Stadium fire sale was offered last week. The Boston Show and the Giants Show were papperd very well. There is also a firesale for Chicago, which is also hurting in Ticket sales. After the Chicago show we should here at least one member of the press mention the poor ticket sales.

Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: October 4, 2006 04:54

Things can turn around very quickly. Nobel Prizes are being announced over the next several days. If Keith finally snags one, all of those unsold seats could be snapped up in a heartbeat.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: October 4, 2006 05:11

i wonder why. i love these guys, however,it's hard to plunk down the serious dough time after time for a product that hasn't changed much in the last 15 years. shock me show me.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 4, 2006 05:15

Monkeylad has it right.

Keith's been passed over too many times in the past.

Posted by: rocks off ()
Date: October 4, 2006 08:54

What's the code for Chicago?

Date: October 4, 2006 17:15

pop quiz, @#$%&: You're a scalper with tons of tickets for the shows in Oakland and Dodger Stadium, and then they announce an arena show on November 16 -- what do you DO?

Date: October 4, 2006 17:22

I would love the stones to add an Arena Show however i strongly doubt it they would, its bad enough they are having trouble selling tickets to Dodger Stadium, an Area show will only make things worse...Now if they added an Area Show in San Diego or Bakersfield, then thats another story. The Show is going to start at 5:30 at Dodger Stadium my hope are still high for a decent opening act that will help ticket sales. Chicago is still hurting in sales i cant wait to hear the reports from the Wind City next week.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 4, 2006 17:22

drbryant Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> pop quiz, @#$%&: You're a scalper with tons of
> tickets for the shows in Oakland and Dodger
> Stadium, and then they announce an arena show on
> November 16 -- what do you DO?

Shit your pants?

Commit hari-kiri?

(No need to wait until an arena show (in the unlikely event of it happening). they'll be doing one of the above already

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-04 17:23 by Gazza.

Date: October 4, 2006 17:31

The odds are high they will do a Club show prior to get some buzz about the big Show on the 18th, its been 4 weeks since the Dodger Stadium Show went on sale and they are still advertising every week in the LA WEEKLY.

Posted by: mcparty ()
Date: October 4, 2006 20:29

Speaking of Bay Area club shows. When do we get one??? The Stones have not done a club gig in the SF Bay Area since the mid-1960's. We're due!

Date: October 6, 2006 00:46

"pop quiz, @#$%&: You're a scalper with tons of tickets for the shows in Oakland and Dodger Stadium, and then they announce an arena show on November 16 -- what do you DO?"

If I had to guess, I would say the scalpers aren't even buying their tickets until Nov 18.

Date: October 6, 2006 01:43

Some Scalpers sell the tickets on the day of the show for below value, others just use the tickets or give them away to family and friends, they lose some and make some, thats their bussiness. Remeber one thing guys a large portion of Brokers have Season tickets to lots of Venues, they own some of the best tickets. A season pair of tickets can eailsy cost $25,000 for the whole Year.

Date: October 6, 2006 01:44

By the way that depends on the Venues, out here in LA, they are more than your average town.

Date: October 6, 2006 02:01

"Some Scalpers sell the tickets on the day of the show for below value, others just use the tickets or give them away to family and friends, they lose some and make some, thats their bussiness."

Around here, most of the scalpers you see wandering around the venue and out on the street buy up extras on the day of the show then try to resell for a profit. So that $160 ticket you just paid $80 for, the scalper likely only paid $40 for it. Heading up the hill you will see them on the sidewalk holding the "I Need Tickets" signs.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 6, 2006 06:02

mcparty Wrote:
> Speaking of Bay Area club shows. When do we get
> one??? The Stones have not done a club gig in the
> SF Bay Area since the mid-1960's. We're due!

I hear that mcp. Both the fillmore, and the warfield are open on that date.

Date: October 6, 2006 06:43

Dan Wrote:
> "Some Scalpers sell the tickets on the day of the
> show for below value, others just use the tickets
> or give them away to family and friends, they lose
> some and make some, thats their bussiness."
>
> Around here, most of the scalpers you see
> wandering around the venue and out on the street
> buy up extras on the day of the show then try to
> resell for a profit. So that $160 ticket you just
> paid $80 for, the scalper likely only paid $40 for
> it. Heading up the hill you will see them on the
> sidewalk holding the "I Need Tickets" signs.

Well, from that perspective, they are serving a useful function, in getting goods from sellers to buyers. There is some value to that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1282
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home