Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Last show of tour in Honolulu 11/22/06?
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 30, 2006 10:45

I'd say that the Beatles last performance was at the rooftop (Unless the David Frost appearance was after that). Their last concert was in Candlestick Park.

Speaking of Candlestick Park: It might be the most beautiful stadium ever.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: September 30, 2006 11:40

who are the beatles?

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 30, 2006 11:45

MononoM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> who are the beatles?

It was a band from the fifties who made a well-known song called "You're So Vain". ;-)

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 30, 2006 15:16

I'd like that boot, too, N1SF.

Date: September 30, 2006 20:49

Nice seats! I wasn't able to get that section with my legacy but I did get orange level seats from the same distance as the floor seats, but for some reason the price was $190 less than floor for essentially the same view. I don't really understand the price structuring sometimes but I'm not going to complain.
I'll try and see what I can get for the public sale coming up here in about an hour or so... something tells me in my gut this is the last show, dunno why, i just feel it... hope i'm wrong though...

>I got row 11 center section A2 with my legacy code. They cost me $350 each, but >I figure I'm right behind the fanasylum folks who are paying $1500 for the $99 >face tickets.
>
>
>
>Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/06 19:26 by drbryant.

Date: September 30, 2006 21:54

The good seats for Aloha Stadium go on sale in a minute! See you there!

Date: September 30, 2006 22:40

Woo Hoo!
I did much better in the public sale.
I got First Row Club Section (Brown) nearest the stage!
Best sextion in the house as it's COMPLETELY unobstructed and has a roof for protection from the driving rain in the winter.

I highly recommend the 3rd level brown club seats if you can get 'em....
See you there!

Date: October 1, 2006 21:19

Plenty of GREAT seats left for this FINAL show! Ticket sales are slow and steady... I think the boys outpriced themselves out of the Honolulu market a bit... Locals are rather tight with their cash as opposed to other venue locations. They sold two shows in 1998 and prices were much lower of course but this time, people aren't biting as quickly.
The $99 Blue level seats seem to be the most popular as it's the upper half of the lower level. Interesting stuff...

Posted by: beast of burgk ()
Date: October 1, 2006 21:26

Even Charlie said to a fan in front of a hotel or restaurant in Copenhagen in early September that they - including him - will most probably tour Europe next year. There was a own thread somewhere on this forum.

The last Stones concert could happen somewhere in Europe next year (new Wembley is my guess), unless there is more to come in 2009 or something (which I doubt).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-01 21:27 by beast of burgk.

Date: October 1, 2006 21:58

Thanks for the info. I'll dust of me passport and start making plans! smiling smiley

Date: October 7, 2006 21:42

Honolulu FM radio station KPOI 105.9 (The Big Kahuna) reports that Alice Cooper is opening for the Stones once again, this time for the tour finale at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu Hawaii.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 8, 2006 01:57

It is not the last show of the tour. They will do shows in the Far East and probably Argentina etc spring 2007 and then summer 2007 in Europe.

Bjornulf

Date: October 8, 2006 01:58

Will that be a continuation of A Bigger Bang Tour or a new tour?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 8, 2006 02:48

There's only one tour. A Bigger Bang. It will go on until they are done with all the unfinished business, which means the shows they lost out on in Europe. All the stuff they do in-between Honolulu and Europe will a a bonus, if they find to go down to Sout America I mean. India should be for sure, and some more there, probably Bangkok. Mick says he is pretty fed up of touring. Or to be more precise - he would like to do other things as well. Which means they will not be doing too many shows in the spring.

Bjornulf

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 8, 2006 06:51

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
> I'd say that the Beatles last performance was at
> the rooftop (Unless the David Frost appearance was
> after that). Their last concert was in Candlestick
> Park.
>
> Speaking of Candlestick Park: It might be the most
> beautiful stadium ever.

You are kidding right? Candlestick Park is a dump!

Date: October 9, 2006 03:15

Aloha Stadium Honolulu isn't that fancy but not a total dump either...
But if you get seats close enough, you can overcome any shortfalls of a stadium may have... it's all about the experience

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 9, 2006 18:32

Got my room at the Royal Hawaiian. I'll be coming home for Thanksgiving.

Date: October 9, 2006 20:18

Cool! Make sure you get tickets to the show!

Date: October 9, 2006 21:10

Got em. Row 11, Ronnie's side. Burned my legacy code to get them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-09 21:10 by drbryant.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 9, 2006 21:15

Lennon was NOT in the UK in 1979.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 9, 2006 21:31

That's right;he missed his flight.

The reunion never happened.Some things are best left to rest.

sc uk

Date: October 9, 2006 21:39

drbryant Wrote:
> Got em. Row 11, Ronnie's side. Burned my legacy
> code to get them.

Cool! Have fun at da kine eh?

Date: October 17, 2006 10:08

Good news folks... Aloha Stadium didn't suffer any damage from the Big Bang (Earthquake) on Sunday and will be ready for A Bigger Bang (get it? yuk yuk...) on 11/22/06. The stadium was built with "shock absorbers" for earthquake protection. Smart move yeah?

The earthquake didn't do "too much" damage on Oahu, mostly a long annoying power outage. The Big Island suffered the most damage as a result of the quake.

It would have been nice if the Stones played a different venue such as the Blaisdell arena where they played in 1973, and it was called the HIC back then. The Waikiki Shell would be nice however probably too small for the crowd trying to get in there. Diamond Head crater would have been AWESOME for A Bigger Bang, but no dice there... I saw Steve Miller Band and WAR at the crater in April and it was a very unique experience.
So...Aloha stadium it is...and that'll work!
smiling smiley

Date: October 29, 2006 21:55

I've read many a nervous sounding fan on this board since the Atlantic City NJ show was cancelled, postponed, rescheduled, etc...
People are worried that Dodger stadium, Boise, Beacon and other show may be cancelled.
Sure, any show can be cancelled anywhere, anytime for any reason, we know that, and that's a risk we all take when we buy tickets and make plans.

I am in Honolulu and I can quickly relay any factual data I hear locally regarding the show here on 11/22.

As of now, ticket sales have been slow but steady and the many of the best seats are gone however there are "cheapies" up high and opposite from the stage (the opposite end zone) still available.
Many tourists on vacation will buy tickets the day of the show, that always happens here. The show will be advertised at Waikiki and many last minute hey why not people will go.

The stadium is in good shape as there was an (American) football game there last night, college football, not soccer football.

So, as far as the local population is concerned, the show will happen. If Mick gets sick or Keef croaks or something else happens, then sure, it wouldn't happen in that case.
I will pass on any validated info if it exists.
In the meantime, get a ticket or 2, book a flight and enjoy PaRaDiSe!!
This could very well be there last show for a long time, who knows huh?

Date: October 29, 2006 22:29

i heard the show is cancelled, jo wood told so

(no joke)

Date: October 29, 2006 22:45

Well, if that's the case, then I'm sure glad I'm going to shows before then.
smiling smiley

Still, until Aloha Stadium officals make the announcement, the show must go on!

I'll keep everyone posted if any official announcement is made.

Date: October 29, 2006 23:00

What hotel are they staying at? Check to see if you can get a bunch of suites on November 21. If you can, then they've probably canceled.

Date: October 29, 2006 23:48

I'll contact DJ Dave Lawrence at KPOI FM and see what has heard from his insider sources. Dave has been 100% on the money so far with Stones concert info so if it's true, he would know and he would let his audience know. He hasn't said a word about any Honolulu cancellation as of now.

I'll post if I hear anything offical though.

Date: October 31, 2006 07:21

I spoke with Honolulu DJ Dave Lawrence at KPOI FM today and he said nothing offical has come out yet regarding the show but he and his booking agent sources are keeping a close eye on the situation to see what's up.

Dodger stadium has sold far less tickets than Honolulu's Aloha stadium, so that's not such great news for Dodgers fans but not as bad for Aloha Stadium fans.

Hang tight, we'll just have to wait and see what happens. Sorry if you booked airfare and hotel for Honolulu but at least you'll be in PaRaDiSe.
:-)

I'll keep ya posted from this side of the world.

Vegas here I come!

PLEASE DON'T CANCEL HONOLULU
Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: October 31, 2006 08:58

What's left of my non-Beacon-extra, non-Beacon-essay-contest-winner, etc. etc. heart will just break.

I CAN'T STAND ANYMORE disappointment and we're going into seasonal affective disorder (hahahaha) season.

Come on! ALOHA, SMILEY FACES, and all that shit!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1176
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home