Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith drunk on Pirates set???
Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: September 23, 2006 20:29

Got this in the mail:
KEITH RICHARDS 'DRUNK' ON PIRATES OF CARIBBEAN SET

Also see:
KEITH RICHARDS
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN
ROLLING STONES
JOHNNY DEPP
BILL NIGHY
DAVY JONES
GORE VERBINSKI

KEITH RICHARDS appearance in the second PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN sequel descended into chaos after he reportedly got so drunk on the movie set, the film's director had to prop him up. The hellraising ROLLING STONES guitarist finally shot his long awaited cameo as JOHNNY DEPP's father in PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: AT WORLD'S END earlier this summer (06), but he is unlikely to remember the occasion which concluded months of speculation. BILL NIGHY, who plays DAVY JONES in the film, tells Empire Online that Richards was inebriated by the time the production team retrieved him from his trailer to shoot his scene, and he required a little support from director GORE VERBINSKI. The 62-year-old rocker is reported to have remarked, "If you wanted straight, then you got the wrong man."
22/09/2006 17:09

Dunno if it's true, but I quite like the "If you wanted straight, then you got the wrong man"-statement...

Re: Keith drunk on Pirates set???
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: September 23, 2006 20:31

Keith drunk? shocking...

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: September 23, 2006 20:34

If a man's been drunk since 1979 (or around that time), no - not shocking. But on the European leg of the tour, he's been a lot soberer than on the previous tours... And he's done a better job, especially his singing's really been wonderfull.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 23, 2006 20:40

Adrian-L reported this variation of the story:

Re: Story from the set of Pirates III (Keith's content) smiling smiley

Posted by: Adrian-L (IP Logged)
Date: September 22, 2006 15:18

funny little story in today's Sun....

yeah, yeah, who knows if it's true, but it's funny anyway:-

"Keith Richards was so wobbly while filming his cameo for
Pirates Of The Carribean the director held him down by his ANKLES.

The Rolling Stones, who plays Johnny Depp's dad, emerged from his trailer looking a bit unsteady, say insiders.

So director Gore Verbinski lay on the floor and held Richards near his shins to stop him wobbling during the filming in California."

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: September 23, 2006 20:42

whaduya expect from a r'n'r pirate........a tea-todler

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: September 23, 2006 20:44

Hardly a surprise. Great line though.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: September 23, 2006 20:44

It's the hair implants that's making Keef cattywampus.

Posted by: stonesfan70 ()
Date: September 23, 2006 21:14

Sounds to me like he was just getting into character.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: September 23, 2006 21:22

iorr,long live keef

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 23, 2006 21:22

That's a very cool news-report, shidoobe! Of course, it would be very nice to see Keith living healthy, for all of us, and especially himself...but then again, this is mighty cool too.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: September 23, 2006 21:47

shidoobee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If a man's been drunk since 1979 (or around that
> time), no - not shocking.

Is that the story of him quitting Heroin in 1979 and 1980? He got drunk insteead? He wasnt drunk before, not like after 1980 right? Always stoned but not drunk.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: September 23, 2006 22:00

Yes LA Forum, despite published reports of occasional heroin relapses post '80 it is obvious Keith substituted...Or who knows what other less signficant or at least obvious items are still on tthe menu. Look at his interviews, say in Hail Hail (compare with performance footage), or read his disdainful comments about Wood's difficult recovery. Pushing 63, post brain surgery, with barely a blip it seems since regaining conciousness....Erik, the comment is quintessential Keith - witty & utterly self possessed, but in recent years I have felt ambivilant and a bit complicitous in Keith's fulfilling this aspect of his own public image.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: September 23, 2006 23:05

Yup, my feeling too. And when I was the OGWT interview fron 1974 I see one (stoned on H) Keith who is nothing like the drunken Keith of today. I understand he needed some substitute but I dont know if it was good for him. He sniffs a little and smokes his joints but the drinking is his drug today. Even if he dabbles with H.

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: September 23, 2006 23:19

I'm kinda put off by his behaviour, There isn't anything funny about a alcoholic/drug addict.

Seeing Willie get busted for pot was kinda funny though.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: September 23, 2006 23:58

x

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-06 06:31 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: September 24, 2006 00:07

How else could one go through such a farce but stone drunk?

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: September 24, 2006 00:43

The pirate playing a pirate, no one could do this sober.

In the future Keith can always say "ya but I was drunk!"

Keith has done some of his best work under the influence.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: September 24, 2006 00:53

I doubt we'll ever know the real story behind this one. It'd be glib to just say 'Well that's Keith'. I used to believe Keith WAS indestructible but the cold reality is we're dealing with a 62 year old man who's recently had a brain op. I doubt the medical experts advised him to carry on drinking in such a manner. I love the man to bits but he has to get a grip. Otherwise I fear he could be speeding up the death of The Stones. An end like that would be sad especially if it came at a high personal price to him...

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: September 24, 2006 01:07

i don't want to start rumors, but i'm beginning to wonder, having followed Keith's antics and behavior over the past 4 decades, that he may have a drinking problem.

Posted by: Nelson ()
Date: September 24, 2006 01:34

Of course his drunk,hes always a bit drunk or stoned, he was hooked on H for 10 years,and he dosent look like the metadon type

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: September 24, 2006 06:06

StonesTod Wrote:
> i don't want to start rumors, but i'm beginning to
> wonder, having followed Keith's antics and
> behavior over the past 4 decades, that he may have
> a drinking problem.

You may be on to something Tod. Hmmmmm....

Posted by: j442211 ()
Date: September 24, 2006 08:19

Our Keith should have founded Public Image Limited. And I suspect the private Keith isn't that much like Keef, the Stone, at all.
There's a awful lot more orange juice in the voddy, these days!

However, we're talking Hollywood, here and these are the kind of stories that get the film talked about. Bums on seats, laddie, bums on seats.....

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: September 24, 2006 08:50

<<<Of course his drunk,hes always a bit drunk or stoned, he was hooked on H for 10 years,and he dosent look like the metadon type>>>

Well that may be true Nelson, but as someone that has messed with addiction on a personal level , I can tell you is that what it means is he has never confronted or contolled his addiction, he has merely switced drugs of choice.

And while being a junkie carries social stigmata and tremendous negative legal possibilities, in reality, with long term use, alcohol is much more destructive to almost ever system of the human body.

For much of band's history from the mid seventies complaints about MJ becoming a paradody of himself surfaced and resurfaced. I love all that Keith has given us, but the "Chem Lab" as he has so often referred to himself, is falling apart by some reports.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 24, 2006 09:34

That's phenomenal. I love Keith.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: September 24, 2006 09:55

ROLLINGSTONE Wrote:
> I doubt we'll ever know the real story behind this
> one. It'd be glib to just say 'Well that's Keith'.
> I used to believe Keith WAS indestructible but the
> cold reality is we're dealing with a 62 year old
> man who's recently had a brain op. I doubt the
> medical experts advised him to carry on drinking
> in such a manner. I love the man to bits but he
> has to get a grip. Otherwise I fear he could be
> speeding up the death of The Stones. An end like
> that would be sad especially if it came at a high
> personal price to him...

Oh, lighten up. It's his life and he has made his choice. I suspect he would rather live how he wants and live a few less years than straighten out his act at this point. He's made it this far, he may outlive us all. And if not, at least he's had a good time while he was here.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 24, 2006 10:41

coffeepotman Wrote:
> I'm kinda put off by his behaviour, There isn't
> anything funny about a alcoholic/drug addict.
>
> Seeing Willie get busted for pot was kinda funny
> though.

Agree. It isn't cool anymore at his age (or at any age). It's a bit sad actually IMO.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 24, 2006 11:08

I love when people behave that way. Not sad at all. It's like saying: "I am who I am, and if you can't dig it, pucker off". The Stones are the defining band of sex, drugs, alcohol and rock 'n roll. Keep defining it boys. It's the only way. Like I said before: It really is people who lost something, and not the Stones. Their way of behaving was exciting in the sixties and seventies, and people dug it back then. Now people have "grown up", whatever that means, and their particular way of behaving isn't popular anymore. Would a real rock 'n roller follow the trends of the time or go his own way?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: September 24, 2006 11:13

I don't think he'd sit in a movie trailer and just get shitfaced. He's proven that he knows about chemicals and his tolerance/whatever. I think it would take a LOT for him to get drunk, don't you? He just doesn't seem like "a few too many" would make that much of a difference. I've had nightmares about not being able to keep up with him in the fantasy-meeting dream! HA

I think it's just the publicity machine, and, yeah, Keith is the master of embellishing his own reputation -- Altlhough, it's not like he needs to!

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: September 24, 2006 12:54

Keith is not an actor. He is timid when he is not i his own world. He needed certainly more alcohol to face the situation and the result is perhaps the worst. But we need to watch the movie to talk about.

Posted by: Nelson ()
Date: September 24, 2006 13:00

yeah kahoosier, inow what booze can do. got iflammeted pankreatit myself,after over 20 years of very heavy drinking,so I use "lighter" substitute.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1517
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home