Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Unimpressed-setlist '06
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 22, 2006 11:33

I don't understand what all the hoopla is about.
Great news that they started out with a beuatiful new setlist,
but there were many other shows during 40 LICKS that surpassed Boston.

Re: Unimpressed-setlist '06
Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: September 22, 2006 12:00

I can't understand people always criticizing setlists.
We has some great setlists in Europe with wonderfull songs like "As Tears Go By" or "She's So Cold" in Paris, also hot tracks from Bigger Bang were played: "Rough Justice", "STreets Of Love" - wow!
And now, the new Setlist in Boston: "Paint It Black", what a great opener, "Monkey Man" must have burned down the stadium. "Sweet Virginia", "Streets Of Love" (you must hear this song live in order to judge it!)...an then: Keith's set: "Litlle T&A", the first time after 24 years and "You Got The Silver", without a Keef on the guitar - what a great scene.
For sure, there was the old hit-final in the end, but what would be a stadium-show without evergreens like "Honky Tonk Woman", "Jumping Jack Flash" or "Brown Sugar"...ahhh come on! When you go to shows, especially the big ones, people turn up, when the first tones from "Honky" are hearable!

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: September 22, 2006 12:32

It should not impress given what we expect from the stones, the greatest rnr band. The good news are that they, again (although a little bit late), are showing what they can do. I hope I will see them again, and I also hope that they will maintain a similar great and interesting set list.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: September 22, 2006 12:45

The performance is so much imo more important than the list - tho selection is not irrelevent. Hey around 10 (dont have last 2 Bostons at hand) songs not played 8/05 & 1/06...Nearly everyone thought their energy (Mick esp), focus, enthusiasm, ambition & entire group's obvious pleasure at playing was infectious. One less ABB song each tiime out: that I do not like (4 to 3 to 2)...Must speak to Mick about this.

Posted by: RadioMarv ()
Date: September 22, 2006 12:54

The rumors of bad set lists have been greatly exaggerated.
I have been to 5 shows on the Bang tour and have now seen 43 different songs played.

43 songs in 5 shows

To me that sounds pretty good.

And there are PLENTY of songs I would LOVE to hear that they are playing on this tour that I have NOT seen IE- Worried About You, Rain Fall Down, Tears Go By and more.

I have seen Columbus, Durham, Charlotte in 05 & Baltimore and Boston 06

With tix to KY and Chicago in pocket I wonder how many different songs I will have seen performed on this tour. I hope it hits 50.

Posted by: dj ()
Date: September 22, 2006 13:20

It's probably more relevant to compare the Boston setlist to other 2005-06 setlists. I guess some people just have to complain.

Posted by: wannaholdu ()
Date: September 22, 2006 13:37

What is this! somebody is not impressed with the setlist. Geez, that never happens.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 22, 2006 13:38

RadioMarv - sounds like you did prettty well there. So far on the ABB tour, I've heard 37 different songs played in 10 shows.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: September 22, 2006 18:19

i agree, frankly. but, then again, i've seen people exclaim about some of the most mundane setlists, so the hoopla generated over Boston didn't come as a surprise. but, if you analyze it a bit more carefully, what's more interesting is what they didn't play (but rehearsed just two days earlier) than what they did play....IMHFO

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: September 22, 2006 18:26

HairBalls u have been here two weeks and are not starting out real well....how many shows you been too..????? my guess is zero

Posted by: yap yap ()
Date: September 22, 2006 18:39

Unimpressed? Don't go to the shows.Problem solved and you get to save some$$$. I'm not impressed with G'nR....so I won't go.Simple as that.

I just can't comprehend why folks feel they need to complain.If you really aren't satisfied with the shows,leave them alone.Meanwhile,don't ruin it for those of us that are happy with seeing the Stones.

Pleased to meet you......

Date: September 22, 2006 18:43

yap yap Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
> I just can't comprehend why folks feel they need
> to complain.If you really aren't satisfied with
> the shows,leave them alone.Meanwhile,don't ruin it
> for those of us that are happy with seeing the
> Stones.

see - this is what I don't understand. How on earth can someone else's criticisms ruin it for someone else? I'd love to hear an explanation of this....seriously.

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: September 22, 2006 18:50

Well said tat2you!!

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: September 22, 2006 18:51

We're chokin' on some hairball here.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 22, 2006 18:54

tat2you Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HairBalls u have been here two weeks and
> are not starting out real well....how many
> shows you been too..????? my guess is zero

hes been here two years, going by his profile...

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: September 22, 2006 18:57

"see - this is what I don't understand. How on earth can someone else's criticisms ruin it for someone else? I'd love to hear an explanation of this....seriously."

cause it goes on and on and on and is bloomin boring!

Date: September 22, 2006 19:06

and that ruins the show, eh? wow - very easily swayed....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2367
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home