Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Just in from Foxboro
Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: September 21, 2006 08:16

The set list as far as I can recll was as follows:

The crowd was very energetic and the stadium apppeared full to me .

Paint it Black - Excellent opener
Live With Me - The audience went nuts
Monkey Man - The energy stayed very high
Sway - A crowd pleaser
Sweet Virginia - Everyone sings along , lots of fun
Streets of Love - A great job from Mick
Ain't too proud to beg - Mick introduced this one , as if we
would not recognize it on our own
Midnight Rambler -These next 2 really got the crowd moving
Tumblin Dice
You got the silver - Went over very well
Little T and A -Keith was very animated
Under my thumb - Onto the B stage for the next 2
Rough Justice
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Honky Tonk Women - Slow return to the main stage
Sympathy for the Devil- And the Final Four got everbody going
Start me up
Satisfaction
Brown Sugar

Re: Just in from Foxboro
Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: September 21, 2006 08:30

boy sounds like a great time! i would have loved to have been there...

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 21, 2006 08:37

smile smile smile: ~*YEAH!*~
you got to shock them show them :E
hail hail Rolling Stones!

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: September 21, 2006 08:44

Wonderful show, maybe the best I have ever seen from the standpoint of setlist, performance, and sound. I certainly never heard Ronnie play this well. The crowd was nothing to write home about,even though the stadium was almost full (with some empty seats here and there).

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 21, 2006 08:48

You gotta be kidding me! Keef set consisting of You Got The Silver AND Little T&A????

Wow.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: September 21, 2006 08:50

Incredible! Great set list...ok, all you nay sayers about their set list shut it!!!!!

Thanks for the update! I am jealous!

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: September 21, 2006 08:51

Raoul Duke Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wonderful show, maybe the best I have ever seen
> from the standpoint of setlist, performance, and
> sound. I certainly never heard Ronnie play this
> well. The crowd was nothing to write home
> about,even though the stadium was almost full
> (with some empty seats here and there).

I agree, ronnie was really goood but from My seats I thought the crowd was great considering it was not a warhorse stadium setlist. I was surprised how many people knew the words to Sweet Virginia nice sing- a- long.

Posted by: barbequebob ()
Date: September 21, 2006 08:58

Just back home myself.

Excellent setlist and high energy performance.

I'd say they delivered in the clutch.

So glad I was there.

Date: September 21, 2006 09:01

I guess my impression of the crowd may depend on where I was seated and - perhaps especially so - by the fact that my last show was the one in San Siro, where the crowd was absolutely insane (though the show wasn't nearly as good). Anyway, my advice for those who have seen them in the US in 2005 is to go again; this show blew away any ABB show I had seen (5 before this one).

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: September 21, 2006 09:08

Raoul,

Are you going to AC?

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: September 21, 2006 09:27

Interesting set list (I see some balls growing on Mick - about time). Paint It Black as an opener is very surprising BUT a brilliant move. Ain't nothin' but a good thang that IORR and ESPECIALLY Miss You are not around. Let's see if they keep the surprises up.... I'd love to see them try and play JJF as close as possible to the original studio version with the acoustic in there and all the other sh*t ...making a warhorse fresh again .....Next Step: SHE WAS HOT and SOUL SURVIVOR - come on boys, you can do it.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-09-21 09:29 by MicksBrain.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 21, 2006 09:34

Im still freaking out. It was awesome. Great cystal clear sound from where I was on the floor.
Best parts- No MISS YOU, YOU GOT ME ROCKING, and ITS ONLY ROCK AND ROLL.
Set list was much better than anyone could have expected.
If you get the chance- do not miss this part of the tour. WOW

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 21, 2006 09:59

Wild horses can’t drag Stones away
By Christopher John Treacy
Thursday, September 21, 2006 - Updated: 02:43 AM EST

A bigger bang, indeed.

The Rolling Stones have made Boston a home base of sorts: kicking off their tour at Fenway in August 2005, swinging back for two dates at the Garden in January and selling-out Gillette Stadium last night for the first show in the 17-city encore of ‘A Bigger Bang.’
Folks who’ve faithfully attended all concerts were no doubt pleased with a substantially rejuvenated list of songs.
Pyrotechnic blasts signaled the start of the Stones set, shortly followed by Keith Richards strumming the recognizable riff from “Paint It Black.” They then reached back to “Let it Bleed” for the sassy “Live With Me,” which featured one of many hearty sax solos from Bobby Keys.
Sauntering, slithering and swiveling his way up and down the shopping mall-sized stage, Mick Jagger—clad in an aqua waist jacket and tight black trousers—put forth enough energy to power the show himself. He strapped on an acoustic guitar for the twangy “Sweet Virginia,” then switched to electric for the U.S. premiere of “Streets of Love,” which triumphed from an unusually impassioned vocal performance.
All the while, the big-voiced Lisa Fischer led a trio of backup vocalists and Chuck Leavell tickled the ivories. The rhythm section chugged along to the beat of drummer Charlie Watts and bassist Darryl Jones.
Despite reports to the contrary, it was clear Richards hasn’t completely mended from his Fijian coconut tree debacle. For the first half of the show, Ron Wood did all the heavy lifting. Richards slowly came to life during a rollicking “Ain’t Too Proud to Beg,” and, reassuringly, took the spotlight while Jagger changed outfits to sing “You Got the Silver.” However ragged the delivery, it added a much-needed spark of authenticity to the set. He then launched into “Little T & A” from “Tattoo You.”
“It’s been a hell of a year," he barked.
After that, it was a smooth slide to finish. Jagger reappeared in a red satin jacket as the stage separated and danced through the field seats for a substantially charged “Under My Thumb.” A string of crowd-pleasing hits, including “Jumpin’ Jack Flash,” “Honky Tonk Women” a revelatory “Sympathy for the Devil” and “Start Me Up,” among others, left the audience begging for more.
Boston’s thirst for Jagger swagger seems unquenchable; the Stones will be back before long.
Hip-hop mastermind Kanye West opened the show, but couldn’t muster enthusiasm from concert-goers, who prefer their rock ’n’ roll straight up. The Stones have always tested their audience’s patience with R&B openers - some with stellar results like Stevie Wonder in the ’70s and others not so much, like Prince in the ’80s. West falling into the latter category.

[theedge.bostonherald.com]

A VERY Special Show
Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: September 21, 2006 10:03

Is ANYONE going to comment on the fact that Keith Richards sang "You Got The Sliver" without playing an instrument??????

Wrack your brains over the fact that he has not performed/sang onstage without either a guitar or piano in front of him since? Before the Stones? You give me one time.

INCREDIBLE moment, And it came after he got an impromptu SECOND ovation from the crowd which seemed to genuinely take him back a bit.

And as someone else mentioned - an added sing-a-long reprise to Sweet Virginia.

There were some stunning moments in this show.

If they played "She Was Hot" it may have made it the most unique and easily best show in quite a long time.

Jumping jack Flash on the SMALL stage??? Wow.

J

Posted by: phd ()
Date: September 21, 2006 10:23

Thanks, Erikj for the paper report. Nice one. The only thing that puzzles me it that it is underlined that Keith was not that much into it. Hope I am wrong. Journalist gossip to fill in the page.

Date: September 21, 2006 10:29

Photos from the show:

[news.search.yahoo.com]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 21, 2006 10:45

Woah - opening wih PIB, followed by Live With Me and Monkey Man??!! Good enough reason to go NUTS from the first nanosecond! Always loved Ain't Too Proud to Beg and really hope to hear that same "new" twosome from Keith in AC. Very good to hear that Ronnie is still on top form.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: September 21, 2006 11:38

The first 5 songs are a dreamed setlist !!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 21, 2006 12:29

whitem8 Wrote:
> Incredible! Great set list...ok, all you nay
> sayers about their set list shut it!!!!!
>
>
> Thanks for the update! I am jealous!

if you mean last nights setlist - fair comment

if you mean the ones on this tour up until now - maybe they got some feedback that even the hardcore fans thought they were coasting and decided they needed to shake things up a bit. Three of the ten always present warhorses gone - and it seems the crowd still loved it, knew the songs and no one walked out. Mick's worst fears NOT realised after all. The world didnt end because they skipped Miss You, IORR and YCAGWYW.

On behalf of the setlist whining faction, I accept your thanks smiling smiley

Posted by: southboundtrain ()
Date: September 21, 2006 12:34

I was also happy to see that SFM and Gimme Shelter didn't make a comeback either. I think someone said on another thread that if this setlist had "She Was Hot" in it, than it would have been a close-to-perfect setlist.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 21, 2006 17:19

So glad that we didn't get Miss You, YCAGWYW, and IORR.

I have to say, I was happy to get PIB simply because of the change, but I thought it was a sort of lackluster opening song. I think a faster rock number would be better.

That's my only complaint.

Date: September 21, 2006 17:25

virgil Wrote:
> Raoul,
>
> Are you going to AC?

No, my next show will be in Bangkok if they have one there.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: September 21, 2006 17:33

I did not go to the show...this is a review I saw on another music board.

It was a great set list....some of the execution could have been better. Gillette is a fantastic stadium, but a crappy place to see a concert. Moved down and down from our seats in the sky, ended up maybe mid field for the end of the show.

The crowd sucked so badly I cannot even begin to describe it. If you aren't going to get up and dance to Satisfaction (at LEAST), why come? Why not just stay home and watch a concert DVD or something?

And no You Can't Always Get What You Want? First time ever they didn't play that when I saw them, and for my own reasons I REALLY wanted to hear it.

All in all a fine evening, but one of the least enjoyable Stones shows I have seen.

Date: September 21, 2006 17:36

Bingo, from my POV, it looked as though the whole place was standing. I didn't see anyone in my whole section sitting at all, not for even one number. I was in the same section in London, and they were sitting the whole time except for a few people.

I know it's not your opinion, I just thought I'd give a different POV.

Posted by: elipotter ()
Date: September 21, 2006 17:44

i wanna see some photos......

www.rollingstonesitalia.com

Re: A VERY Special Show
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: September 21, 2006 18:07

JMARKO Wrote:
> >
> And as someone else mentioned - an added
> sing-a-long reprise to Sweet Virginia.
>

certainly not a first - at least twice earlier in the tour they did this too - Charlottesville and SF....

Date: September 21, 2006 18:41

elipotter Wrote:
> i wanna see some photos......

[news.search.yahoo.com]

anyone miss missyou???
Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: September 21, 2006 21:21

not i said the fly

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: September 22, 2006 02:29

It was a GREAT CROWD, sang LOUD with Mick on Sweet Virginia, cheered our asses off for Keith, TWICE, even embarrassed him we were so loud! Maybe they SAT in the rafters but not where I was, row 11, Sec A4. AWESOME SHOW, CRAZED CROWD!

Date: September 22, 2006 03:43

Debra, you had amazing seats!

Were you the blond girl they kept showing on screen wearing a "shirt" made of tape?

;o)

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1566
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home