Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

problem with ebay purchase of stones tickets- please help
Posted by: brewcrew87 ()
Date: September 13, 2006 21:19

i bought 2 tickets off ebay to the churchill downs show- i sent payment on september 1st and i still have nto recieved the tickets. the seller assured me that there was a shipping mixup and the tickets never arrived to him from ticketmaster. he told me he got that straightened out and ticketmaster was sending him 2 replacment tickets. I have not heard back from the seller in a week, so i am accepting the fact that i am out $255 and 2 tickets to the show. Does anyone have a pair of $60 seats for sale, because i would certainly be interested in buying them. Losing out on the other 2 tickets is a shock to my budget that i was not perpared for, so i am searching for 2 of the cheapest seats i can find- just somehting that will get me in the door i odnt care where the seats are- please help me out if you have an extra pair of tickets- thank you

Re: problem with ebay purchase of stones tickets- please help
Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: September 13, 2006 23:00

if you paid via your creditcard, tell the problem asap your cc-company and ask them to get back your money, if the person still not show up with the tix.
it worked for me at the licks tour.

good luck to you

robert from austria

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-09-13 23:01 by austrianstones.

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: September 13, 2006 23:04

go to stubhub.com for your tickets....down the left side click on rolling stones and you will see your venue

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: September 14, 2006 01:34

If you bought tickets through an EBAY transaction you won't get stiffed! Tell EBAY and see if they can intervene for you, the guy will produce the goods fast because EBAY will be sure he is finished on that site.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: September 14, 2006 01:37

Dont buy tickets from scalper scum on ebay...

JR

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: September 14, 2006 04:30

Why? tickets are available on ticketmaster for that show?!

Posted by: stonesriff ()
Date: September 14, 2006 04:41

J.J.Flash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why? tickets are available on ticketmaster for
> that show?!

J.J. Flash, your not really helping the guy out. Good point though.

Date: September 14, 2006 04:45

lol! Just putting my two cents in!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: September 14, 2006 05:24

stonesriff Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> J.J.Flash Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why? tickets are available on ticketmaster for
> > that show?!
>
>
> J.J. Flash, your not really helping the guy out.
> Good point though.

that SHOULD help him out. he wants $60 tickets and they are available on ticketmaster. he can get them in one minute's time. i told him a few days ago that they were available and those were better that what's available now. the more time he waits the worse the available tickets will be.

as i said in the "all sold out" page, paypal and his credit card will give him two more ways for him to get his money back. always use your credit card with paypal - paypal only gives a month to dispute - then you're screwed. a credit card will back you up and give you more time to dispute.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: September 14, 2006 05:25

Brewcrew, it is still 16 days until the concert and only 12 days after you paid for the tickets. Ticketmaster shipping screwups do occur, so that alone is not a reason to feel the seller is not honest. The fact that a week has gone by and you have not heard from the seller does not mean he is screwing you over. If he is honest, he probably has not contacted you yet because he has not received the tickets from Ticketmaster, thus he has no update to contact you about.

Why would you ever accept that you are out your money? You are reacting too quickly and not very rationally. Ebay and Paypal will protect you if the seller turns out to be dishonest, but as you have plenty of time til the concert, relax and be patient. By the way, how does the seller's Ebay feedback look? That itself can tell you whether the seller is likely to be trustworthy. I have sold and bought a lot of tickets on Ebay and have never been screwed over.

Posted by: brewcrew87 ()
Date: September 14, 2006 05:44

i snagged a apir of seats in section 316- not the best but i figured i had to act now and i am guananteed so get into the show, of course if i end up getting my other tickets they are in sec 218 which is by far better so i will use those and sclap the ones i just bought today

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: September 14, 2006 05:59

Unfortunatly Ticketmaster guarantees your tickets by mail within 48 hr before show time. Maybe the seller is telling the truth. That is a bigger problem and the seller should be thrown off - seller does not have the goods on hand! A violation of policy and could be removed if you persue it.

Date: September 14, 2006 06:17

Sounds like Halup sold him the tickets!

Posted by: hailtothestones ()
Date: September 14, 2006 06:58

Hey brewcrew, can you share his name. I did the same for my Louisville tickets and havent recieved them. I also might be able to help you with 2 tickets since I cant find anyone at my school to take the other 2. It might be too late however. Anyhow whether through email or right here on this forum could you share the sellers name. Thanks man.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: September 14, 2006 07:29

i bought my ticket off ticketmaster a couple of days ago and received the notice today that my ticket was printed - that means i should receive it within a few days.

the only time i had ticketmaster wait until the last minute to get me tickets were when i ordered them via the fan club on the rs.com webpage last fall. i got them the day before the show. i bought some more for that show just through ticketmaster and got them right away. since i will never buy through the fan club again, i expect that problem to never happen again.

Posted by: abb05 ()
Date: September 14, 2006 08:33

I know it's hindsight now but....ALWAYS find out if the seller has tix in hand and ready to ship before bidding.

Btw, what is the seller's rating, member since, etc

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 14, 2006 13:13

I've bought tickets from a guy who didn't have them in hand. I did get them 2 weeks before the show though...after waiting 2 months.

deleted
Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: September 14, 2006 13:35

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-06 01:40 by MononoM.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1534
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home