Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones had (have!)it all..every kind of peop.le
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: September 1, 2006 21:13

At the start in the early sixties...they had the blues lovin...crowd..in the clubs...than the screaming girls came(some of them..still present!)Than the big youth crowd...+ the underground hippie ,revolution crowd...after that..the glitter crowd...less screaming girls...to stoned in 69!!Till 73 the gang kept R&R alive before...hippie crowds..well not everyone...than repeat..the glitter thing...new fans!!after that Punk!!!And The Stones..had the nerve to do it!!Play new punky songs before an public wanting to hear old hits!!Many new fans because of ..the Some girls album...many hardrock people going to Stones gigs too!!!than the 80ies many grown up folks and new fans..wanting to see the Stones one more time....ahh they are soold doing their thing still!!!You heard all around you....than the empty 80ties....89...lets see them one more time...big crowds...not only fans but people wanted to relive their youth...steel wheels...Urban Jungle...things changed....really thinking..it was the end...but it wasnt!!1994 Voodoo Lounge....The same big crowd...and a big hardcore folowing...of die hards..seeing as much shows...they could see...+ a large(have to see The Stones public)Than came 1997/98..even people who never saw them came...and saw a great show!!Than in 99 they for a large part wanted to see it again...it worked....than 2002/03 licks...first time no new album!!!!tour..I was very...sad about this...But the big crowd and the real hard rocking fans where once again satisfied....the dont sop tour hmmm...And once again that feel its the last show everytime you went....but it wasnt.....05..they hit the road again...in the USA..with a great new album...and a anti-bush song...but the tic prices way to high for the grown up poor idealistic people from the sixties and 70 ties..to attend at such a event...and the young folks...coulnt go to because of that...still the tour was a succes...and in Rio...everybody..did...well in South America...Argent..Its like the 60ties again!!!But it was different..no doubt...AUS...Japan..China...than the coco nutz...thing..the canceled shows..Spain in pain...A Adam show(the first time I only saw one show..of the Stones..ahhh)Thanks to Snow!!I really liked the arena show...but normaly you go to more shows..so really strange for me!!to exited!!!And ...than comes the England stop...Wich gave us the boys back in top form!!!And Horsens tonight and the US this fall and Europe in 07 again!!!The gang is fuc-ing alive again!!!!Oh boys just lower the tic prices a little...some more new tunes and we can go on for another 4 years...making new fans...and some of the old will come back..and the Disney crowd can fuc-off!!!!Cheers!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-09-01 21:16 by rooster.

Re: Rolling Stones had (have!)it all..every kind of peop.le
Posted by: john r ()
Date: September 1, 2006 21:25

I've been hearing (& sometimes fearing) it would be the last time since I saw my first show ('75), and as you remind me even before that ('67 busts, 3 year wait between tours & Brian's decline/death, KR 'next rockstar to die?' rumors circa '73, Nick Kent's'87 near-obit w/ references to J/R hating each other, Watts' addiction, etc), Bill's decade or so of periodic announcements that he's leaving, and even these last 3 or 4 years - Watts' cancer, Wood's many rehabs & occasional out-of-it-shows, Keith's fall from a tree and brain surgery! and still they're here...But, someday, maybe soon maybe not so soon, it really will be the end...

Date: September 1, 2006 21:26

In France you got more lads in the crowd.....In Italy..the crowd is younger...in Holland the crowd is pretty mixed up....When I was in England it felt like a hardcore..Stones army crowd..Wild!!(talkin about 99)But Twicken...sounds...like a lame crowd...maybe its the recording?...Glasgow...is like DH 98!!!Crazy crowd!!

Date: September 1, 2006 21:30

That end thing is always so fascinating.....Thats what I like about The Stones they dont exploit it..like Tina and her managers did.

Date: September 1, 2006 21:42

So what kind of crowd do the Stones have today?.....And I dont count the 6.000 IORRR ...other fans..or clubs...hardcore fans!!!

Date: September 1, 2006 21:45

Walking through Central park....what a stupid Friday night thought anyway!!!Rock on!!!By the way is Rockman...back???

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 1, 2006 21:49

Great read Rooster! I think Stones have a very complex audience...hey they even have you and me in the crowd...and the whorse of Bab.

Date: September 1, 2006 21:51

One more thing I have to say...I saw at every Stones gig I was people...not exactly at the gig ...but on my way back home....whom only knew say..Satisfaction and SMU.....IOLRR is like a new one..for those kind of folks...Oh no!!!

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: September 1, 2006 21:55

Rooster, I've been menaing to ask you about your rather creative use of punctuation. What isit exactly you mean to convey by the constant use of...(Enthusiastic post as always by the way)

Date: September 1, 2006 21:55

Erik_Snow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great read Rooster! I think Stones have a very
> complex audience...hey they even have you and me
> in the crowd...and the whorse of Bab.

Erik...Cheers!!..Horsens can be filmedfrom those farms!!!It is a indeed complex..big..easy...hard to satisfy crowd...they did shorten the show...and I think it ....gave the show much more a kick ass energy feel!!!

Date: September 1, 2006 22:01

ChrisM Wrote:
> Rooster, I've been menaing to ask you about your
> rather creative use of punctuation. What isit
> exactly you mean to convey by the constant use
> of...(Enthusiastic post as always by the way)

Thats the sound of silence........!!!!!!!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 1, 2006 22:03

I like those ".....", I tend to use them myself....it's a short break, like if you were speaking.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 1, 2006 22:05

Rooster, I appreciate your passion.

On the bright side, we'll ALWAYS have the vinyl, CDs, DVDs etc -- and a hell of a lot of great memories.

I feel sorry for the dopes that spend their dough on music and have never seen The Rolling Stones. Or even ATTEMPTED TO!

Date: September 1, 2006 22:10

stonesrule Wrote:
> Rooster, I appreciate your passion.
>
> On the bright side, we'll ALWAYS have the vinyl,
> CDs, DVDs etc -- and a hell of a lot of great
> memories.
>
> I feel sorry for the dopes that spend their dough
> on music and have never seen The Rolling Stones.
> Or even ATTEMPTED TO!

I used to give them tics!!!!Ahhhh I think Horsens is on fire now!!!

Date: September 2, 2006 14:34

The crowd in Spain deserve....a special treat!!!they are great!!!

Date: September 2, 2006 14:41

And the Portugal crowd is wild as well!!!!

Date: September 2, 2006 14:47

But the Den Haag crowd is the best!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1404
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home