Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Glasgow
Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: September 2, 2006 20:12

Oh God, here we go with the conspiracy theories. I was at the gig too and it was great, just like the broadcast. The only thing I do remember was the sound dropping from the guitars during Satisfaction, but as I was in the seating area I assume it was a local sound problem (not reflected in the actual playing or recording).
Are we to assume that either the Stones rerecorded their parts for a s*itty Monday night radio 2 broadcast or that they use backing tracks. We got a great gig (dont agree that Keith was frail) and a great recording of it, and still people whinge.

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: September 2, 2006 20:26

I am not whinging by any means.

It was my favourite concert of the ones I went to by miles.

I also think it is a good recording but it does not relate to what I heard standing FOS & they definately messed with it before it was broadcast otherwise they would just put it on live Fri 25th.

Dont think there is or was any conspiracy to dupe people.

Date: September 2, 2006 20:43

I just report the story because a lot of people tend to say that it was a very good show because of the recording. All i say is that i think the broadcast is better than the live show. I don't want to know more, maybe it's just me, maybe not. All my friends and family who were there have the same feeling about Keith.
But the problem with Keith guitar, obviously cleared on the broadcast, it's not just me, and it has nothing to do with a conspiracy theory, it's a fact that everybody close to the bstage Keith's side could confirm.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: September 2, 2006 20:53

Theories aside, I chuckle when I hear the introductions:

"Charlie (won't approve) Watts!" LOL -- that was precious.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 2, 2006 20:55

Personally speaking, I thought the live show was better than the broadcast made it out to be.

I also saw the cock up with keith's guitar on the b-stage during Start Me Up - although he took his guitar off with maybe a minute or so of the song left at the most

However, is it possible that the other guitar you hear may have been Blondie playing?

Date: September 2, 2006 21:00

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
> However, is it possible that the other guitar you
> hear may have been Blondie playing?

Yeah, you're probably correct. A perfect example of how technical problems can be covered.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: September 2, 2006 21:07

bassplayer617 Wrote:
> Theories aside, I chuckle when I hear the
> introductions:
>
> "Charlie (won't approve) Watts!" LOL -- that was
> precious.

You might be right about the quote for Charlie. I thought it was Charlie "waterproof" Watts!

But what do I know!! There was a song by Golden Smog which went:

"She had her highs and she had her lows"

I thought it was:

"She had her eyes and she had her nose"

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 2, 2006 21:14

I remember it to be "waterproof" too

Date: September 2, 2006 21:17

One more comment -- Darryl is up in the mix, and man, was he hot. I love the sound he gets -- well-balanced, punchy, funky and clear, with his own vibrato LOL -- no boominess at all.

Just listen to him vamping before "Miss You" starts -- I'm so glad that the boys don't restrict him too much.

Entering his 13th year with the band, he's definitely established his own sense of groove AND swing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-09-02 21:22 by bassplayer617.

Date: September 2, 2006 21:25

Erik_Snow Wrote:
> I remember it to be "waterproof" too

Oops, I misheard it -- you're right. I listened to it several times -- "waterproof" is it.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2084
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home