Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: enough is enough : @#$%& greedy stones!
Posted by: wannaholdu ()
Date: August 29, 2006 13:36

AH ChatPerdu67 ya talk a lot,
Let's have a a look at you!!!
Fat, rich Yanks?
Can't be A-Rod or Jeter.
Rich, yes, but not fat.
Money's the nature of the beast my brother.
In these days you can pay as much as $75 TO $100 for a show of a lot - A LOT- less talent.
It's the Stones numb nuts.
If the consumer will pay it, they'll charge it. I'm far from rich, but I'm goin to the Louisville show. My first in 10 years.
Nobody is happy about tix not being $25 but that's the way it is.
We have another saying over here chat - Suck it Up!

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: August 29, 2006 13:37

Chat Perdu!

I´m glad that you woke up too. I agree totally.

It´s scary to read what people have to say in order to defend a band that can´t do anything right anymore. And certainly not PLAY right anymore.

Denial...folks, is a psychological term that comes to mind. I wonder why.

It´s like saying that Pele, Maradonna and Beckenbauer should DEFINITELY be playing in their national teams in 2006. Because they CAN`T GET OLD. EVERYTHING IS STILL GREAT!!!! EVERYTHING IS STILL LIKE IT USED TO BE !!!!!!!!

It is scary. Really.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 29, 2006 13:40

Denial? How about the stupidity that occurs every time people don't agree to a certain term?
Did it ever enter your head that we might actually mean the things we say? Just because you feel they're bad today, doesn't mean I have to. All we can really say from it is that you're not right and neither am I.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: FARAWAY EYES ()
Date: August 29, 2006 13:41

Bjorn!

Can you please tell me how many shows you have seen on this tour?

Not play right anymore? That' simply not true...

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: August 29, 2006 17:39

Well, without insulting nobody (I´m really surprised how easy many people insult those who are critics), it's obvious that keith's solos aren't good ones, ronnies solos are better, but aren't technically good solos... Although in general terms their music is great, musically this tour can't be compared with 78, 81, 89,... . I really love the stones, but I can't hear recent versions of, for example, satisfaction. Many people goes to their shows because they are the stones, not for their music, and Jagger knows that and that's why he still plays warhorses. And, for those who say that Keith also do it for the money, obviously if there was no money he will not do a world tour. But, with the winos, he played an european tour in small places (in madrid he played two days for 2000 people, barcelona two days also in small places). Completely sold out!. I have the feeling the he wanted to play and, as he said to the press, he wanted to feel the audience, something that is not easy in a stadium.

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: August 29, 2006 18:20

FrankM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
> They get unfairly knocked as a fan-unfriendly band
> but give them some credit. They tour non stop,
> come back to the same areas over and over again so
> people get a chance to see them and Jagger does
> his best to follow the lead of the audience unlike
> bands that put on cookie cutter shows night after
> night.
>
>

Listen to the tapes, they do the same "cookie cutter" show every night. Maybe a few different songs but so what, how many times is Keith goning to say "it's great to be here, but then it's great to be anywhere". He's been using that line for 15 years. How lame can Sympathy get?? It's a boring Vegas 'cookie cutter' song every night, and so are the rest. How many times can you pay to see them play Brown Sugar.
I think David Gilmore was right, they need to bow out. They have been just cartoons. I used to defend them to everybody but now I can't do that anymore. If they want to keep going till they drop, like the Bluesmen they admire, more power to them, but these giant stadium spectactulars just hide the fact that they have lost it. No amount of pyro or lights can cover up they're poor performances. Either get back to basics, re-learn the songs or give it up.

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: August 29, 2006 18:26

Seems some of you confuse a ticket to a Stones concert with taxes. Taxes are deducted from your paycheck and you go to jail if you don't pay. This gives you the right to bitch and moan about how high your taxes are and how the money is wasted.

Rolling Stones concert tickets are something we either chose to buy or not to buy. If you think the Stones don't play well or don't sound good you would be quite the dumb ass to purchase a ticket.

If however I get a blast out of spending MY MONEY on ticket and I have a good time at the show- then that's a good deal for me.

I choose not to spend my money on opera, roller skating, hunting, stamp collecting, Mexican food or NASCAR. But many people do and I don't knock them for that.

We all decide for ourselves if we want to spend the money WE'VE EARNED on a RS show. Obviouslly, thousands want to at every concert stop. If you chose not to- that's fine. Just shut the hell up about those of us who do- and enjoy the opera.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: August 29, 2006 18:49

When Pavarotti sings out of tune - I better shut the @#$%& up and I better not discuss that either...

Ok? Happy that way?

Date: August 29, 2006 18:58

Discussing Pavarotti's singing or the Stones playing and attacking the fans who enjoy them are two different things.

Date: August 29, 2006 19:46

Woody24, I payed a lot of money in this tour (sadly all the concerts I was going to attend were cancelled). I payed a lot in other tours too. I will pay a lot if they come to europe next year. Maybe I will attend a US show, if possible. I also spend money on other issues (there are more things in my life, although the stones are the stones, and will always be the best rnr band for me). Does this mean that, If I pay, I should say that they are perfect?. They have not been technically perfect never, and I really like that (I prefer them to people like steve vay or satriani). I enjoy their shows, but I think that in this tour they are sounding really bad, specially for the solos. The warhorses lack of feeling. I saw some time ago Dylan, and he did really good covers of his own songs. You could like them or not, but he has taken, again, the risk. I love dylan, and it was difficult for me to know wich song it was until, in some times, two minutes of the song!. The stones also know to do that, I know, the problem is that they are still playing songs such as satisfaction and honky tonk woman in the same way as in the last tours, and I´m almost sure that it is boring for them. In any case, I´m waiting again for the insults for telling what I think.

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: August 29, 2006 20:10

yes they are greedy, no doubt about it, but the stones never were moralisers, they dont see the problem. thats the biggest disappointment about the stones they dont use thier clout enough, for fair prices and other social issues.
they are cool, and do some charity stuff now and again, but in relation to their power its in my opinion nowhere near enough.
we don't need another bono, of course, but the outlaw myth running parallel to the ticket robbery together, got old a long time ago. if they didnt make such great music we certainly wouldnt like mick jagger much thats for sure, but its the generation they come from, the old "tax exile selfish", i've known a few in my time, but trying to show them the problem with their worldview, is like talking to a religious fundamentalist, "the taxman is the enemy, they are stealing my money, hey Rod wheres the brandy bottle, who's got that hookers hotel room number anyway, wheres my stash???????????????

Posted by: Skink ()
Date: August 29, 2006 20:51

I think in this case the BBC was greedy(you have to pay more for more listeners) instead of the Stones.

Date: August 29, 2006 23:10

Capsula--

My point is---They play songs like HTW, Satisfaction and JJF at every show. I personally, being a big fan and having seen over 30 shows, would prefer to hear Winter, Lovin Cup etc.

However- the fact that tens of thousands DO pay upwards of $300 or $400 a seat to see this show tells you that there is a huge market for this.

As I said, there is a huge market for NASCAR, but I don't give my money to it. I don't begrudge people who do! If you don't like the 2006 version of the Rolling Stones don't give them your money!!!!! But realize there tens of thousands of people DO like the shows. That's who they are playing to. This has worked for them for over 40 years!!!!!!

I've seen them enough and heard them enough that I no longer buy the most expensive seats. But I do still go. When it reaches a point that I feel like you or Bjorn, I'll simply walk away totally and find something else to occupy me.

Date: August 30, 2006 02:36

Woody24, I really enjoy a stones show. I don't enjoy some songs. The problem is not "i like the 2006 version or the stones" or "I don't like it". It's: I know they can play better (wood and richards), why don't they play like in other tours, paying more attention to their playing, and less to which face or movement am I going to do now. That's my opinion, and it's obvious that the quality of their playing is poorer in this tour. No problem if someone doesn't think like that, but if you know to play the guitar, it's something obvious.

Posted by: FARAWAY EYES ()
Date: August 30, 2006 10:16

coffeepotman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Listen to the tapes, they do the same "cookie
> cutter" show every night. Maybe a few different
> songs but so what, how many times is Keith goning
> to say "it's great to be here, but then it's great
> to be anywhere". He's been using that line for 15
> years. How lame can Sympathy get?? It's a boring
> Vegas 'cookie cutter' song every night, and so are
> the rest. How many times can you pay to see them
> play Brown Sugar.
> I think David Gilmore was right, they need to bow
> out. They have been just cartoons. I used to
> defend them to everybody but now I can't do that
> anymore. If they want to keep going till they
> drop, like the Bluesmen they admire, more power to
> them, but these giant stadium spectactulars just
> hide the fact that they have lost it. No amount
> of pyro or lights can cover up they're poor
> performances. Either get back to basics, re-learn
> the songs or give it up.

Some nights Sympathy is nothing extra. Some nights it's the Biggest Bang!
I like Brown Sugar very much. People seem to love it as well!

David Gilmour has to give up some weight and shut the @#$%& up!

Posted by: asmallerbang ()
Date: August 30, 2006 10:39

..and who doesn't work for monwy and try and get the best rate they can for their work ?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1404
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home