Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Your most valuable piece
Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: August 25, 2006 06:58

I knew that would get you attention !

What is, or do you consider your most valuable piece of Stones memorabilia ?

Re: Your most valuable piece
Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: August 25, 2006 07:11

My favorite piece- although it is not very valuable money wise is my Rolling Stones Smuzzle Puzzle. It's a puzzle that came out around 1983 and what makes is unique is that it is one of the best pictures I've seen of the Stones. Most rock stars have super serious looks on their faces during pictures but on this they all have huge smiles as if someone told a hilarious joke right before they snapped the picture.

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: August 25, 2006 07:15

probably my hot rocks original pressing lps with the two alternate takes...took me years to track it down...

definetly my stones vinyl though....

Posted by: Stones4Ever ()
Date: August 25, 2006 07:59

Possibly my picture disk of the 81 tour album. Also have an original t-shirt of that tour with the tongue with the american flag on the front and STONES with the british flag on the back. Too small for me to wear now though!!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 25, 2006 08:17

"wood on canvas" ltd edition (100) signed by Bob Dylan (and Ron Wood of course)

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: August 25, 2006 08:19

The Chicago Sessions, perhaps? Keith's pick. Charlie's drumsticks. The original, signed photos from their first photo session after they signed the record deal- Phil Townsend-photos, LOVELY! Ronnie's prints. But the most valuable - what I treassure the most: All the golden moments - the memories - from their concerts through the years. That's unbeatable! Seriously.

Posted by: Matt ()
Date: August 25, 2006 10:59

The flexidisc that was included in NME as a promotion for Exile on main street in 1982. A couple of London CD's which I consider sound better than the 2002 remasters. The Mobile Fidelity super pressing of Sticky Fingers. The EP five by five, re-released circa 1980 which is in stereo, even though it says mono on the sleve and on the label.Plus a lot of memories......

Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: August 25, 2006 11:34

I guess the brown coloured EP of @#$%& Blues named Schoolboy Blues by Nanker/Phelge.
And also the original 3D Majesties, the Brown Sugar single shaped as the frontcover pants and the single Everyting is turning to gold, tongue-shaped and a lot of my vinyl boots of course..

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: August 25, 2006 12:25

The Beat Beat Beat 10" original, the first 10 singles from the UK with the curved Decca logo, all the pictures and coloured vinyls from USA & UK and some foreign, the 2 shaped picture discs, the complete collection of CD singles released in the UK and some of USA, some bootlegs, lot of memories...of course!

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: August 25, 2006 12:28

some coloured vinyls, my signed steel wheels album, some working passes of a friend of mine, the first uk edition of come on decca single...and great books

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: August 25, 2006 12:40

My 3D Majesties, vinyl collection, my house full of framed stones art and some fine memories

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: August 25, 2006 13:19

All 3,000 plus vinyls.

JR

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-25 14:49 by stone-relics.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: August 25, 2006 13:26

Ah, she was a lovely lass, as pure as the newly fallen snow and as drunk as Ronnie Wood after falling off the wagon. We were doing Jager Bombs, when suddenly she lustily exclaimed ...

Oh wait a minute, I just read the rest of the thread. Most valuable piece of STONES MEMORBILIA. Ok, I get it now. Um, my copy of Sticky Fingers with the zipper. Ironically, the above story also ends with the words "sticky fingers" and "zipper" featured prominently.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2006-09-01 01:31 by ohnonotyouagain.

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: August 25, 2006 13:52

The original cover art to some girls and the 12" version of miss you

Posted by: keefstheman ()
Date: August 25, 2006 14:09

A deftly-caught pick that Keef tossed in '94 Syracuse show is certainly one..I also have all the vinyls (original) from LIB to DW, at which point I stopped buying them in favor of CD's, a move I regret now!

Posted by: kait ()
Date: August 25, 2006 14:24

keiths cup from the b-stage in imst/austria 99 and a
pick from the same show and one from vienna 06;
the original advertisement of wild horses;

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: August 25, 2006 14:30

A wax pressing of CS Blues (the one with the cover art containing a drawing of Betty Boop).

Posted by: stein ()
Date: August 25, 2006 14:33

Pictures of my wife and myself with Mick Jagger between us.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: August 25, 2006 14:41

Ooooeerrr! Blimey, can that be published???? Dirty beggar!

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: August 25, 2006 14:42

Just a few old London picture sleeves, a mono/stereo promo 7" of Miss You, and a 3D Majesties. Oh, and Keith's autograph on a piece of notebook paper (and the pen that he used).

Wait - I can't forget my Bigger Bang flashlight/pen! What a piece of crap that is - it might as well say JuanTCB Auto Insurance on it. Totally generic all the way. Way to go, Virgin!

I've also got a first edition of Mac's All The Rage signed by the author himself (he accidentally broke the spine right after he commented on how rare it was to see a first run copy still intact!) and an autographed copy of Michael Nesmith's novel.

But The one rock artifact I have that might be worth something (even from a historical point of view) is an 8x10 promo glossy from the '96 reunion tour signed by all 4 Sex Pistols - Rotten, Cook, Jones, & Matlock. That was a gift from a friend who worked on the tour - I didn't meet them personally.

Posted by: twanghound ()
Date: August 25, 2006 14:42

i don't know if it's rare at all:
"through the past darkly" lp with the cut corners.
nice photos by the way.
kind of requiem for brian.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 25, 2006 15:30

I don't have anything of great value, but I have all their original Decca 45's in good condition, Come on, I Wanna Be Your Man etc and also all 3 original Decca EP's in decent nick.

Date: August 25, 2006 15:50

blinds & shutters book signed by bill, keith, anita, eric clapton and luckily also by andy warhol

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: August 25, 2006 15:52

natural-born-stonesfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> blinds & shutters book signed by bill, keith,
> anita, eric clapton and luckily also by andy
> warhol

ker-ching!

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: August 25, 2006 16:34

stein Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pictures of my wife and myself with Mick Jagger
> between us.

Sounds like a wild night!

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: August 25, 2006 18:08

my 8 rolling stones cds that virgin put with original album packaging

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: August 25, 2006 18:15

My Mick Jagger codpiece from the '72 New York show

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: August 25, 2006 18:16

By far my TOTA 1975 book from Genisis Publications. I am almost afraid to touch it because its so well done. Its still available, I think, but they only sell 2500 copies and its worth every penny.

Besides that my cd and dvd collection is what is most important to me since afterall we are all here because of the music.

Date: August 25, 2006 18:18

My 'Rock 'n' Roll Circus' popcorn bucket and drinks holder.....from the movie release not the actual show I hasten to add!

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: August 25, 2006 18:18

My '67 swedish meat helmet worn by Brian Jones!

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1049
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home