Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

USA fall
Posted by: wälder ()
Date: August 24, 2006 09:51

Hi,

as we planing our US-trip for some fall shows (El Paso & Austin) we also want to visit Florida for the first time to take some days off. Which are the places to stay and to go!!

Wälder from Austria

Re: USA fall
Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 24, 2006 09:55

Every single show is the place to go! Only limit is the sky, family, work, money, real life and all of that!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Fred Rambler ()
Date: August 24, 2006 10:05

Indeed,

afther twick 20, I wondered why I'd bought only 3 ticks (2canceld) and not all the rest just because of family, work, money, real life and all of that.

Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: August 24, 2006 13:59

St Petersburg/Clearwater area is nice on the Gulf side if you're in to the nice white sandy beaches. Or jetting down past Miami into the Keys is nice as well. In fact if you make it all the way to Key West (Duvall Street)- stop in Captain Tony's, you won't regret it!

Posted by: keefstheman ()
Date: August 24, 2006 14:26

The Keys is by far the best area/part of Florida, Key West being as far as you can go. Flagler Beach there is beautiful and if you go, you gotta check out "Jamaican Me Hungry" for a meal...best conch fritters and jerk I've ever had! yummmmm....

Posted by: gibb76 ()
Date: August 24, 2006 14:56

The Gulf side is the way to go. Siesta Key has one of the best beaches in the world.

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: August 24, 2006 15:35

Well if you're a fan of communism - Cuba is the way to go!

If you're gay - Miami!

Other than that do not enter Florida. They have snakes. On planes.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: August 24, 2006 18:00

Gay in Miami? WTF are you talking about? I believe Key West is the most gay area in Florida but who cares (I would worry MUCH MORE about Bush fans, they are Scarry !!). I recommend driving from AUSTIN to DALLAS (see where Kennedy was shot - very interesting piece of history and NOW they have a great museum in the school book depository where they say Oswald shot JFK from so you can look out the window he was suppose to be at. Being a THINKING American I don't believe he did it OR acted alone if he was involved but you can see the film JFK by Oliver Stone for that - great film, a must see) Then I would head to MEMPHIS (maybe stop in CLARKSDALE, Mississippi, on the way to see where the blues was born). Then head to MEMPHIS, TENNESSE to see Graceland (Elvis' house of course), Lorraine Motel (where Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated - they have a whole museum there, very interesting), and SUN STUDIO's (where the early Elvis music was recorded, featured in the film RATTLE AND HUM by U2). At night BEALE (Beal?) St. is great - turned into a giant no car, walking street - with plenty of Rythm and Blues bars playing great music and serving great food - BB KING has a club/Restaurant there - excellent !!!. After that you can head to FLORIDA stopping in ATLANTA (take a tour of CNN headquarters) and some other stuff (don't know ATLANTA well). Head down to Forida stopping at Cape Canaveral (Kennedy) to see where they launch the Space Shuttles (DISNEY WORLD is in ORLANDO at the center of the state. One of the originals - California is the first one). Keep going south to West Palm Beach/Miami/South Beach - were Italian Designer Versace lived and was killed. SOUTH BEACH is actually a very cool place. You can sit at a casual bar across the street from the beach drinking Pineapple Coconut Smoothies watching the cute Cuban girls walk by in there tiny bikini's - Puerto Rican's too - just DYIN' to meet you...actually, all kinds of latins walk by, many very pretty ones. This is were all the ART DECO buildings/hotels are. After MIAMI/SOUTH BEACH go down to KEY WEST for about 3 days, great place. Drive back on the west coast of Florida. Stop off for an alligator tour on the swamp waters on the way back and then hit NAPLES, then further north is FT MEYERS and TAMPA/ST PETES and some other cities futher north. Drive over to NEW ORLEANS to see the French Quarter(back in business) and the rest - and a country that doesn't care about one of the world's great cities (SHAME) Drive back to Texas (passing Port Aurthur where Janis Joplin grew up) and drive to SAN ANTONIO. See the ALAMO and eat some great mexican food. Then drive back up to AUSTIN and enjoy the music and streets closed off at night downtown. I've done this trip in 2 parts - very interesting. MB If you go to EL PASO try to hit WHITE SANDS (giant white sand dunes - like the Sahara) in NEW MEXICO and SANTA FE , NEW MEXICO - great places.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-25 11:37 by MicksBrain.

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: August 24, 2006 18:19

The best beaches in Florida are on the North Gulf coast between Pensacola and Panama City. However, I would recommend driving from Miami to Key West. Florida is a big state (as is Texas). It is 1100 miles from Pensacola to Key West.

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: August 24, 2006 18:24

MicksBrain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gay in Miami? WTF are you talking about? I believe
> Key West is the most gay area in Florida

Whoops, my bad. I guess you're more informed on the subject than I am.

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: August 24, 2006 20:28

Rialb Wrote:
> The best beaches in Florida are on the North Gulf
> coast between Pensacola and Panama City. However,
> I would recommend driving from Miami to Key West.
> Florida is a big state (as is Texas). It is 1100
> miles from Pensacola to Key West.

Exactly right about the beaches. I've found driving in Florida to be a miserable experience, too many people on the highways. I would especially avoid Orlando unless you really want to go to Disney World. Also, when you make hotel arrangements you might want to consider getting some kind of travel insurance, as you never know about those hurricanes....

Karl

Posted by: keefstheman ()
Date: August 24, 2006 23:24

MicksBrain tour sounds good! You'll need about a month to do it, tho.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: August 25, 2006 12:19

keefstheman Wrote:
> MicksBrain tour sounds good! You'll need about a
> month to do it, tho.

Yeah, keefstheman has it about right on the time factor (and I kinda forgot about Nashville and also - haven't been but will catch it soon) I hear that Charleston, South Carolina is really a great city to see so you could add that (with Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head Island also) and then just drive down the coast into Florida. I think what JJFrash was talking about on the gay thing in Miami was actually SOUTH BEACH which is slightly gay but like I said who cares. The gay areas in a lot of American cities tend to be the nicer part often times. Like where I am, in LA, the gay area around here is West Hollywood and they really keep it up over there, one of the nicer looking area's of town - Same with San Francisco, definitely one of America's most beautiful cities. I see the gay community as a possitive aspect to any city, doesn't bother me (plus our kooky hyper religious right wing fanatics hates them so that's just another reason to like them even more - "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" type of thing and all that)

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: August 25, 2006 13:16

The limit is money, time of from work and family.....

Does anybody know how the sales are for Boston, New York etc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1261
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home