Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8
Re: Twickenham 2nd
Posted by: Papo ()
Date: August 23, 2006 00:22

20) Fireworks

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: August 23, 2006 00:22

I called it.

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: August 23, 2006 00:23

PiotrRSpl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 19) Satisfaction
>
> show over! thats it what a nite!

Thank You PiotrRSpl, That got kinda of exciting for about 3 songs,it started to get my hopes up, What a strange set?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 23, 2006 00:24

Anybody can post the show in 15 minutes or so

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: August 23, 2006 00:35

Missed "Fireworks" - from what album?/Prof. B. B.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: August 23, 2006 00:38

Ho hum.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 23, 2006 00:42

open-g Wrote:
> They should go for it - The Adventures Of The
> Rolling Stones

But the Stones never do what they should do!

> Streets of Love followed by (I can't get no)
> Satisfaction is quite logical, innit?

Logical? In a "it's awful bad that I can't get no satisfaction" - way?

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 23, 2006 00:46

But......uuuuuups: THE DREAM IS OVER!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: August 23, 2006 00:49

>>Logical? In a "it's awful bad that I can't get no satisfaction" - way?<<

yeah right, the awful truth is awful sad

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: August 23, 2006 00:54

Baboon Bro Wrote:
> Missed "Fireworks" - from what album?/Prof. B. B.

Second track on the B-Side of "Where the boys go"; Fidji-only single release...

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: August 23, 2006 00:58

On Coconut Records... Ah, recall that one...

Posted by: PiotrRSpl ()
Date: August 23, 2006 00:58

Baboon Bro Wrote:
> Missed "Fireworks" - from what album?/Prof. B. B.

they did Roxette's cover instead of Night Time
LOL

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: August 23, 2006 01:10

absolutely great setlist...hope there will be a bootleg in the next weeks

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: August 23, 2006 01:21

Well, that was different. Nice to see some changes going on. Usually there are only four songs that don't get played night in and night out, tonight there were six: She's So Cold, Let's Spend The Night Together, Live With Me, Bitch, Paint It Black and Rain Fall Down. Hopefully Mick's voice will be fully recovered soon and they can go back up to 20 songs from 19.

Rain Fall Down instead of Streets Of Love is a definite improvement. I don't so much mind that they left out Oh No Not You Again, but I wish they'd replaced it with another A Bigger Bang song instead of an oldie. From 5 ABB songs on the second date of the European tour to only two tonight. Sigh.

Still, it's great to see the variety increasing, even at the expense of a song from the new album. Even moving something they play every night like YCAGWYW to a different spot in the setlist is a positive development. Overall this is a very good setlist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-23 01:22 by ohnonotyouagain.

Date: August 23, 2006 02:26

I don't like it.YCAGWYW replaces the ballad(s) and nothing replaces YCAGWYW.I wouldn't be too thrilled if they pull this in the fall.It's obvious that Richards no longer takes into consideration past set lists with his spot.This Place Is Empty,at the very least,should have been expected at this show.As Tears Go By (one of the highlights of this tour) was skipped.Let's Spend The Night Together,Bitch,and Paint It Black have been done plenty of times.She's So Cold,Live With Me,and the return of Rain Fall Down might barely save this from being the worst set list of the tour.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 23, 2006 02:52

Just got home.

I thought Sunday was great, but this was amazing. Keith in particular so obviously enjoying himself (and the sound system let me hear him tonight). Running across the stage to do a solo crouched down right out on the end of the runway, hitting the openings on JJF and PIB just right, didn't seem to want to stop at the end of a l-o-n-g Satisfaction (the fireworks went off in the right place tonight!).

Stadium not quite as sold out as Sunday (maybe 95%?) but the crowd really enthusiastic, singing along with everything, and Mick seemed to pick up on this and let all the audience-rave-up bits go on much longer than on Sunday. Perhaps he was less sure of his voice then? Afterwards there were still choruses of It's Only Rock & Roll and Woo WOO's echoing down the road to Twickenham Station... I think having YCAGWYW earlier worked well - we all enjoyed singing it and it was a familiar landmark among some less-often-played songs (She's So Cold & Live With Me were great).

Mick asked if anyone in the audience had come to see them at the Richmond Athletic Ground in the 60's and quite a few hands went up.

Rain Fall Down was good - Darryl did some nice soloing on bass. After the thread here on the subject I was trying to see who played that lead-off ringing guitar - definitely not Blondie who had an acoustic. I think if anyone was playing it live it was Mick, but he might have been miming that particular bit to something pre-recorded?

Ronnie introduced as the Manet of Middlesex and Charlie as Whang Dang Doodle - and Keith just as plain KEITH RICHARDS (prolonged and deafening cheering...)

Keith in much better voice tonight although no new songs (never mind, I love Slipping Away). I'd like to know what he said - seemed to be funny as he and lots of people had the giggles, but I couldn't catch it.

Rough Justice then Start Me Up which both work very well on the B-Stage.

Again only 19 songs but the show ran all the way to 10.30 tonight because some of the warhorses went on longer than on Sunday (much longer BS and Satisfaction at the end) and everyone, band and crowd, having a great time.

Only disappointment? I'd have loved to hear As Tears Go By.

Oh yes, and the Charlatans were excellent openers - 100% better than Feeder. They rocked, and got a well-deserved cheer after their last number.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 23, 2006 03:22

I just got home and that was one helluva CRACKING SIZZLING HOT show - to me, 100 per cent better than Sunday. The sound was MUCH better - though I had virtually the same seats in A5 row 2 - and the setlist changes were very successful IMHO. That was the best of the seven ABB shows I've so far been to. Each of them was truly firing on all cylinders and Mick was very chatty (unlike on Sunday) and seemed to be in a different mood altogether. I can't wait for Glasgow but tonight will be very hard to beat.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: August 23, 2006 03:24

Thanks for your upfront report. As I found Sunday amazing,I deeply regret to have miss this gig. But you wrote that Sunday you couldn't hear Keith which was absolutely not my case. This could explain that. Anyway, it proves that he is still on track for the best of rock. Keep on rollin'. Great setlist. "Bitch" after "Sway" means probably Sticky is the band favorite !!!

Posted by: livewithme ()
Date: August 23, 2006 03:33

Theif - it seems to me that it was the cover that was skipped to take it from 20 to 19. With only 2 ABB songs they played the usual horses and a few of the less frequent.

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: August 23, 2006 03:40

Absolutely amazing.My first Stones show.I just couldn't believe my ears and eyes.It was too good to be true.

The stand-outs for mewould be She's so close,Sympathy and Paint it black but the rest of the setlist was great as well.

BTW English people are a really nice crowd.

Date: August 23, 2006 03:43

We are both right I suppose.The two ballads that they had been playing (SOL + an old ballad) were replaced by YCAGWYW which was in turn replaced by nothing between Brown Sugar and Satisfaction but,also,the cover was skipped.It depends on how you look at it,I suppose.They made one song back up by playing both Live With Me and Bitch (and She's So Cold) in the same show but,still less songs than usual.I hope this only lasts while Jagger is recovering.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 23, 2006 03:48

Streets of Love and Night Time require a little bit more of Mick vocally. I am not surprised to see them dropped with his voice on the mend.

Date: August 23, 2006 03:59

Beast Wrote:
> I just got home and that was one helluva CRACKING
> SIZZLING HOT show - to me, 100 per cent better
> than Sunday. The sound was MUCH better - though I
> had virtually the same seats in A5 row 2 - and the
> setlist changes were very successful IMHO. That
> was the best of the seven ABB shows I've so far
> been to. Each of them was truly firing on all
> cylinders and Mick was very chatty (unlike on
> Sunday) and seemed to be in a different mood
> altogether. I can't wait for Glasgow but tonight
> will be very hard to beat.
I don't get it. You and a bunch of other people said Sunday was the best stones gig,the best ever,which is cool,but now your saying it was100% better,sizzling hot. What is it? When you see one of there legendary concert's which people were claiming sunday,they don't go to 100% better. I don't get it? I wish i was there obviously, pretty weird reports of these two show's.

Date: August 23, 2006 04:06

Theif in the Night Wrote:
> I don't like it.YCAGWYW replaces the ballad(s) and
> nothing replaces YCAGWYW.I wouldn't be too
> thrilled if they pull this in the fall.It's
> obvious that Richards no longer takes into
> consideration past set lists with his spot.This
> Place Is Empty,at the very least,should have been
> expected at this show.As Tears Go By (one of the
> highlights of this tour) was skipped.Let's Spend
> The Night Together,Bitch,and Paint It Black have
> been done plenty of times.She's So Cold,Live With
> Me,and the return of Rain Fall Down might barely
> save this from being the worst set list of the
> tour.
Thief in the Night, I don't really dig it either if they pull something like this in the fall i'm going to be fuming! They need to at least change up 10 song's for the fall. I don't get these post either of these 2 show's in London,very strange?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 23, 2006 04:14

stonesfrk said:

> I don't get these post either of these 2 show's in London,very strange?

In my case you can put it down to inexperience - TW1 was my first ever show so I didn't know how much better it could get - also had sound problems on TW1 and none on TW2.

Date: August 23, 2006 04:21

Green Lady Wrote:
> stonesfrk said:
>
> > I don't get these post either of these 2 show's
> in London,very strange?
>
>
> In my case you can put it down to inexperience -
> TW1 was my first ever show so I didn't know how
> much better it could get - also had sound problems
> on TW1 and none on TW2.

That's cool Green Lady. At least your honest and i know where your coming from. It's just everybody on sunday was in histeric's to how good it was and now there saying stuff like 100% better and sizzling hot. From my experiences when you see them at there best like some people said on sunday it does'nt get much better,there is no room to get 100% better,i don't get that line at all?

Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: August 23, 2006 04:28

Glad to hear it was a great show.

VERY sad to hear that it wasn't sold out. I just can't undersand that. In LONDON, of all places?

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 23, 2006 04:35

Look at the comments about setlist reports contrasted with those from attendees.
If I'd known the setlist before I saw them open at Fenway (and shows I saw in January had - could check, dont want to bother - I think 9 different songs from the earlier concerts) - if I knew I would have been OK but not thrilled, and the January gigs (only 3 ABB songs, as opposed to 4 previoiusly) I'd have been bitching about it. The thing is being there, the rush and surprise when a warhorse I didn't really want to hear very much just soars...if it's not an off night for one or more band members and there are no major audience/weather/sound problems there are so many ways to dig this very fantastic band when you, or I at least, watch and listen to the Stones closely and at the same time decide I want to enjoy the whole event...Naturally the attention means evaluating it on various levels, but I never want to go to a Stones show, or any concert by artists I dig, feeling jaded.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: August 23, 2006 04:37

OK, I just got in from twickenham, after stopping at a bar!

It was a fantastic show!

The funniest bit was, after she's so cold, ,mick is walkin around, and he introduces the next song, saying. "ok, this next one is called......... LIVE WITH ME....!" Then, he turns round, and looks at the band, and says "Is it..?", and then chuck starts "lets spend the night together" !!! It was hilarious. Then, after that, they did actually play live with me!

Great moment!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: seebee ()
Date: August 23, 2006 05:24

Here's a little taster of last night's show. Not sure if it will last long here, but it's a bit of YCAGWYW. Enjoy...

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1470
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home