Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Booing 'On Stage' audience......?
Date: August 14, 2006 13:16

I was just wondering if my recent experience in Nice is typical of this tour. I was in the FOS/Pelouse D'Or area and just before the show started the 'On Stage' punters took their seats in the balconies. At this point a large proportion of the crowd started booing and whistling......presumably jealous at seeing these people take their places. (turned out Bono and Elton were amongst them!)

Has this happened at other shows or was it just the crowd in Nice that were feeling particularly envious that night?!

Re: Booing 'On Stage' audience......?
Date: August 14, 2006 13:34

they are french

Posted by: Cheltie ()
Date: August 14, 2006 13:48

In Cologne, Hannover and Stuttgart there were no reaction like this.
Actually the crowd started to get energetic when the people took their
places in the balconies. They knew the show was going to start in the following minutes. I cannot remember any booing during the shows in Germany. Maybe the result of some indifferent articles in France about privileged VIPs in the on stage balconies. Often, reactions like this are created by press articles.
But this is only a personal guess....

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: August 14, 2006 14:00

maybe they were booing Bono

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: August 14, 2006 14:00

Tell me... Sister M... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> they are french

What's that mean? Please explain...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 14, 2006 14:05

it means they are from the country of France

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 14, 2006 14:43

In A'dam as well but I thought it was because someone showed the italian flag on stage

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: August 14, 2006 14:49

Harm Wrote:
> In A'dam as well but I thought it was because
> someone showed the italian flag on stage

--

Really? I heard nothing of that from FOS, I just heard the crowd (myself included) getting excited about it, waving to the on-stagers and cheering! I saw a fellow Norwegian with his daughter up there (left side), I had talked to them the night before at Paradiso! So that was cool.

Posted by: Gerda ()
Date: August 14, 2006 15:04

In Munich a guy started yelling "KAPITALISTEN"!!!! (CAPITALISTS!!!) But it was a joke, and everybody started laughing.

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: August 14, 2006 15:14

LQ1977: There was some excitement about the Italian flag, at least where we were, halfway FOS Keefs side. It was nice, the guys with the flag were having a great time, there 15 (short) minutes of fame... It was funny, nice.

Jelle

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: August 14, 2006 15:23

Hahaha, looks like MicksBrain wants an argument and he's not getting one.

Oily.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 14, 2006 16:23

Can I ask: What's wrong with the French? Many people seem not to like them... I myself love them.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: August 14, 2006 16:27

No idea, it's not a problem that I have.

I just find it funny that MicksBrain was straight in there like some young buck (and he's probably an old codger like most of us).

Oily.

Date: August 14, 2006 16:44

Naw, Oily, I would NEVER do that... It's just that I live there (Paris) part time and I find the French - almost all - to be very well mannered and polite (at least to me and my GF but that's cause we're always polite and friendly too) so the statement confused me. There are a small number of clueless superficial tourists that go to Paris, don't know how to behave, get a cold shoulder, and then claim the French are rude. They don't say Hello and "Good Day" when they enter a little shop and the owner's standing right there, they don't use the words "Please", "Pardon me", or "Thank you", they don't smile and act friendly and then they wonder why people that still have manners find THEM rude (it's not THAT hard to figure out). It's actually very amusing to watch. I sit in my friends hotel lobby for hours sometimes talking to him and watching these nimrods come in all confused (his hotel is VERY popular with non - French tourists). Once in a while a real "winner" comes in that really shouldn't be traveling anywhere beyond Disneyland/Las Vegas (watching all this is top entertainment that money can't buy - I always wish I had a video camera when it happens) - aw, you know, life is so complicated. One man's ceiling is another man's floor and all that.....I just didn't understand

Date: August 14, 2006 17:29

I know exactly what you mean, and it is funny to see. I think if you travel you have to be able to express yourself to some degree in the host language, at least basic pleasantries and politeness.
I love to watch the 'winners' too - it's not any kind of smugness, but some of these people must come from another planet and have the hide of a rhino :-)

Date: August 14, 2006 17:58

That's one great thing about the group on IORR is there's a lot of very heavy duty traveling going on which is really great (even though the last few years it seems like more and more of the fun is being taken out of international travel with all this insane terrorist crap happening. I find that aspect REALLY REALLY sad and hope something can be done about it somehow - a very complicated issue and solution) but it's nice to see places like IORR bring the world together.... ain't nothin' but a good thing IMHO....

Posted by: ThatsWhatISay ()
Date: August 14, 2006 18:14

Manofwealthandtaste Wrote:
(turned out Bono and
> Elton were amongst them!)

Were they really onstage??

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: August 14, 2006 18:17

Gerda Wrote:
> In Munich a guy started yelling "KAPITALISTEN"!!!!

...Not surprised...
Its a long way from ´"fighting in the streets" nowadays...

Date: August 14, 2006 18:20

ThatsWhatISay Wrote:
> Manofwealthandtaste Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> (turned out Bono and
> > Elton were amongst them!)
>
> Were they really onstage??

There weren't on the stage but they were apparently (according to Nice Matin the next day) lurking in one of the 'onstage' boxes which of course is above the stage. Hope that clarifies things.....!

Date: August 14, 2006 18:25

if they were in the onstage boxes, Im surprised they didnt collapse....

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 14, 2006 18:33

Gazza Wrote:
> it means they are from the country of France

And YOU called ME a sarcastic so & so ????????????''

Date: August 14, 2006 18:42

always happy to help...I'm just "doing it for the kids"...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-14 18:43 by Gazza.

Date: August 14, 2006 18:47

Gazza, are you saying Elton the Bore and the BONOSTER are fatso's ?

Date: August 14, 2006 18:50

yea, verily, I sayeth on to you that they are. Not that I'm exactly Kate fúckin' Moss myself, mind you....

Date: August 14, 2006 18:54

Well, I'll go with you on Elton (I think he's been wearing Liz Taylors stuff lately to hide the expansion) but BONO just seems to be "Husky" but he hasn't looked thin since LIVE AID '85...I think he likes THE BREW too much....

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: August 14, 2006 22:30

i didn't notice it in amsterdam, or paris, stuttgart or zurich for that matter. i did hear it in nice and thought it was funny.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: August 14, 2006 22:46

what's wrong with beeing a capitalist?

i love to be one. It makes things easier and i won on stage seats in munich. never spent a thought on buying them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-14 22:47 by Roadster32.

Date: August 14, 2006 22:48

If I could afford to waste £400 on an onstage ticket, I'd probably take great pleasure on being booed, and would no doubt respond with the appropriate gesture to the poor,huddled masses!

Posted by: PiotrRSpl ()
Date: August 14, 2006 22:55

On stage is good because when those people come there to take their spots at the balconies I'm alarmed that it's getting really close now to the show. I was thinking about on stage before the tour and I felt like I might give a try but after al FOS and one show at the bstage I would not go on stage anymore actually.

But anyway - everywhere I was everybody reacted with excitements to on stage folks, probably of the same reason as me winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-14 22:56 by PiotrRSpl.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: August 15, 2006 00:05

Gazza Wrote:
> If I could afford to waste £400 on an onstage
> ticket, I'd probably take great pleasure on being
> booed, and would no doubt respond with the
> appropriate gesture to the poor,huddled masses!

It couldn't be any worse than the special birthday greetings you get right? LOL

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2107
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home