Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Nice ,08th of August 06
Posted by: olympia ()
Date: August 9, 2006 17:31

This wasn't by far my first Stones concert but the first on the Bigger Bang Tour.
I am not going to complain about the setlist even if I was secretly expecting some changes in the second part of the concert(Street fighting Man,Gimme shelter..).I was also expecting Keith to change his set...Well it didn't happen!

The highlights for me were :
-Jumping Jack Flash :Keith 's guitar was loud,the riff was agressive,vindicative as RnR should be (in my opinion!).
-As tears go by :very nice arpeggios by Keith .His 12 strings sounds so beautiful.
-Midnight rambler :Quite a long version,lots of harmonica ;loud guitars (mainly Keith) and a bit of improvisation in the slow tempo part before 'Boston'.
-Streets of love :I am not a big fan of that one but must admit that Mick sang in a very passionate way.
_Night time:Thank you Lisa
-Paint it black:Charlie led the show on that one
-YCAGWYW:Chuck played that one (organ and piano) on the same way as the original version.

The low points:

-SFTD :should drop it .Chuck 's intro is out of the subject,Darryl's playing doesn't match the atmosphere of the song and Keith's solo lacks of inspiration.I love the original but (beside the 1969 US tour) it really never worked well live.

-Keith's solos:he played almost the same flat solo on SFTD and Satisfaction (and this is not the first time).Is it laziness ,lack of interest ,arthitis..? but they really sounded pathetic.

Ron:very low in the mix which is a pity because he was in a good day(couldn't help but sabotaged YCAGWYW solo)

Rough Justice:played on the B stage.The sound was not very good and the rendition very chaotic.Sounded more like a first time rehearsal.

Overall it was a good concert even if I have seen others better that this one.The audience was wild and made of real long time fans(lots of grey hair people but ..after all...I am one of them!).Mick was superb throughout the whole show putting an umbelievable performance for someone of his age.

Re: Nice ,08th of August 06
Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: August 9, 2006 17:38

Thanks, Olympia, for your thoughtful review.

Re: Nice ,08th of August 06
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: August 9, 2006 17:43

Thank you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2032
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home