Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Churchill Downs Confirmed- Louisville, KY - fuel for the fire...
Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: August 9, 2006 06:26

Does anyone have any clue as to how many seats are in the rows on Keith or Ronnies section by the Catwalk? I know that seats on the catwalk on Ronnie's side are #1! What is the number of the seat against the catwalk on Keith's side?
This is important info needed in the AM. Good luck everyone! Looking forward to seeing you all!
Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........

Re: Louisville, KY - fuel for the fire...
Posted by: CowgirlInTheSand ()
Date: August 9, 2006 06:45

ohnonotyouagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Crossing my fingers, my toes and my eyes for this
> to happen.

But I thought you used your toes to pick your banjo so you could hold your beer in one hand and a smoke in the other!? The fact that you can do this with your eyes crossed to boot confirms that you are a true, blue Kentuckian!

Hi Drake!

Finally! An event worthy of my finest cowboy boots even though there won't be any horses to ride, but perhaps if I'm lucky maybe a bucking bronco for the Cowgirl to tame might be in the cards? winking smiley

Posted by: CowgirlInTheSand ()
Date: August 9, 2006 06:48

Fredluvzstones Wrote:
> Does anyone have any clue as to how many seats are
> in the rows on Keith or Ronnies section by the
> Catwalk? I know that seats on the catwalk on
> Ronnie's side are #1! What is the number of the
> seat against the catwalk on Keith's side?
> This is important info needed in the AM. Good luck
> everyone! Looking forward to seeing you all!
> Fred Hardin
> Pleased to meet you........

Hello Fred!

Usually the seats numbered 1 are on the right hand side of each row. At least it's been that way in every stadium or arena I've ever been in. So on Ronnie's side they'd be closest to the catwalk and on Keiths, the furthest. smiling smiley

Posted by: drake ()
Date: August 9, 2006 09:33

Everybody's got to go! Cowgirl nice to see you back. winking smiley Hope you're able to make it down to the bluegrass state...

Just FYI, I will be hosting a POST show party and not a pre-show party. Just my personal preference. I want to go out on the town, wherever that might be, end up at the venue early/late (depending on the opening act) and have a wonderful evening. Then after the killer concert head downtown to where all the action is, and open up the studio to fellow fans for spirits, fellowship and loud tunes.

I was at the studio tonight, doing a bit of mixing, when suddenly the band that rehearses there every night blasted into the studio. They were all hyped up and every last one of them (including the groupies) were raving about how they were planning on seeing the Stones. Questions abounded so I got a great kick out of the whole thing. They delayed their practice 30 minutes for me to show them pics of the stage, some footage from Rio, the scene from Hampton 81 when Keith takes his guitar off and smacks that guy who runs on stage, as well as playing some of the bootlegs I had recorded of past shows.

I know everyone gets excited about shows in his/her hometown, but this will be unlike any show I've seen this tour. Not to mention that unlike every other stadium show this tour, the only lousy seats will be the extreme left/rights. Everyone, include those with "nose-bleed" seats, will have an amazing view and amazing sound.

-Drake

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 10, 2006 02:13

Thanks for the seating chart, drake. Amy, are you seeing this? SK

Date: August 10, 2006 04:09

Drake your revised plans sound perfect! I am glad you will have it afterwards! makes for a perfect destination for after the show! Was worried how I was going to devide party time between downtown and your studio! This solves it all! Thank you!
Fred Hardin

Date: August 10, 2006 04:48

I want to be free to do whatever I want until showtime. When it gets closer to the show I will require that everyone RSVP with me prior to that Friday. There are alot of people I know who are going to this show, but I dont want everyone and their mom to showup at the studio. I figure most people will probably go to the highlands (bardstown road) or downtown (4th street live). I'm not putting flyers out for this gathering. Monday will be the big day. Hopefully I'll be thrilled and sitting in excellent seats...

-Drake

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: August 10, 2006 05:11

me and my boys are in i am flying down from NYC....

Date: August 10, 2006 20:07

So the show is scheduled to start at 6pm. This just dawned on me, when does the sun go down in late September? I've lived here for quite a while and yet I still cant remember when the days begin to darken early. I'm curious if the Stones will go on at twilight... Might be like 81 again...

(I'm sure crossfire or ohno will be able to enlighten me as to when the fall season really kicks in here. I love jacket weather.)

-Drake

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: August 10, 2006 20:23

I haven't a clue going from memory, but a little research - [www.weather.com] - shows that the sun will set at approx. 7:29 PM EST on Sept. 29.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-10 23:00 by ohnonotyouagain.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: August 10, 2006 20:42

Where is your studio in relation to the waterfront? Galt?

Date: August 10, 2006 23:27

Blue = Galt House
Red = my studio

Its within walking distance of everything in downtown. 4th Street Live, the Louisville Slugger Museum, etc...

-Drake

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-11 19:06 by drake.

Date: August 11, 2006 06:55

Hello CGITS! I hope you are doing well! Yes, this should be a great event for Louisville! We are excited to be able to come up for this one! Glad to hear you will be there! I look forward to hopfully meeting you! If I don't see you, enjoy yourself! I know I will!
Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you!

Date: August 13, 2006 11:40

A friend of mine works at Churchill Downs so this afternoon he took me around on a personal tour... I took my camera with me and took some shots for everyone to get an idea of what the track currently looks like... (comments on the shots are below each pic - so you know what you're looking at)

General view of the 3 sections of seats (boxes uptop).

General view of thet track.

Getting the depth of the track... The seating chart puts the bstage on the racing track, seating on the grass, and the stage basically at the same distance as the black screens...

300s bottom.

300s top.

The twin spires.

This is quite possibly the best picture I took. The stage will be setup on the concrete slab in the middle of the picture.

Section 322 - Dead center - 3rd tier seating

Section 322 - The view - The massive stage will be setup on the concrete slab.

Another view of the area where the stage will be. Like I said, it will be the most intimate "stadium" show on the entire tour. The bstage will be ON THE RACETRACK. Bstage, on the dirt, mainstage, concrete slab. Everything else including bushes, poles, railing, fencing, etc... all of that will be torn out. Unless you have seats on the sides, it will be 'the' stadium gig of the tour.

(I wasnt dressed to kill but I didnt wanna make it obvious that my sole reason for visiting the track was to get an idea of how realistic the seating chart would be.)

Louisville, KY - April 29th

-Drake

Re: Churchill Downs - Louisville, KY (new and improved - w/photos)
Date: August 13, 2006 19:17

Fantastic pictures drake. I had no idea how they were going to set all this up but now it makes sense. It does indeed look like the view at this concert will be much better than average. I can almost hear Dead Flowers now ...

Date: August 13, 2006 19:49

Thank you Drake for going to all this trouble to help people get a feel for what is coming up! It will sound great and look even better!
Fred Hardin

Date: August 13, 2006 21:38

Great pictures! Did I see that guy in the last one on "America's Most Wanted" last night? The infamous, phantom bootlegger?

Date: August 13, 2006 23:12

Yeah but he doesnt wear shade's his grandfather wore back in the late 60s.

-Drake

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 14, 2006 01:46

After seeing these pics, I really want to find an excuse to go!! Looks like the stage will be very close to the stands. The only thing that troubles me is the fact that the tiered sections are covered, meaning that the sound will bounce around. I'm thinking that the 121-122 sections will be prime seating. Are the seats in those sections elevated? It's hard to tell from the pictures.

Date: August 14, 2006 22:02

After an hour of trying to get seats, TicketBastard finally stopped giving me lousy seats. Just scored two seats in section T9, row 10. Directly undernearth the PA stacks. I'm floored. Literally.

-Drake

Date: August 14, 2006 22:19

Good place to record?

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: August 14, 2006 22:32

Nothing but obstructed views left now. Looks like a near sell out on the first day of public sales.

Date: August 14, 2006 22:37

drake Wrote:
> After an hour of trying to get seats,
> TicketBastard finally stopped giving me lousy
> seats. Just scored two seats in section T9, row
> 10. Directly undernearth the PA stacks. I'm
> floored. Literally.

Incredible score for $160 each. Some people paid that and ended up in the 200s. The gods of rock must be with you (somehow I feel like Jack Black typing that last line).

Posted by: dbb ()
Date: August 14, 2006 22:49

Drake, congrats on the great seats. Let's hope the strong ticket sales today point to a special show. And a special recording of said show!

Date: August 14, 2006 23:02

The only thing I was seeing where the $60 off on the sides seats left! Glad it is selling so well!
Fred Hardin

Date: August 14, 2006 23:27

Yeah I'm amazed about how quickly all these seats went. It was insane trying to get seats I wanted, but I was very determined. @ $160 its a steal. Not sure who's goin with me, but they'll be nice and only scream in between tunes. smiling smiley

Mr. Elmo I do believe the spot I'm in is ideal for recording. The main PA system is setup in a few clusters, the mains pointing directly out, then the side speakers hitting all the sides. I'm right on the corner so I should have 3 stacks directed at my section. Also, being close to the stage should produce excellent bass sound.

Just got a call from a few friends who bought seats today. I told them to be ready to purchase tixx the moment they went onsale. They had a hell of a time with Ticketmaster (they went to an outlet and all the Kroger TM machines went down 10 minutes before the show went on sale). When the system came back up they tried to find seats and came up with section 324 and figured, what the hell, we'll go ahead and get em. So they bought 4 seats in that section. They were kinda bummed out being "up in the nosebleeds" when they called me, but then I showed them to this page and they couldnt believe the pictures. The seating chart is accurate, yet very misleading. Most people are likely believing that the 300s are 'upper deck' seats.

Unless they're planning on releasing alot more seats, it looks like a sellout. Those $60 seats will get picked up bit by bit I'm sure. My x called me up asking for advice, I told her to get $100 seats, she went with the $60s and ended up in section 116. Apparently she just wanted to go an enjoy the show.

Everybody's gotta go!!!

-Drake

Posted by: jhat111 ()
Date: August 15, 2006 01:34

drakester......i don't think my section 222 seats will be hindered much soundwise, do you..? jon in huntington,wv

Date: August 15, 2006 02:42

You're seats will have a fantastic view Jo

-Drake

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 15, 2006 05:41

Drake,

You should be the official Churchill Downs' Master of Ceremonies!

My brother and I will be in T9, row E.
See you there, my friend.

P.S. I have 2 extras in D4, row B that I'll probably post up for sale when I get back from vacation next week. Just a heads up in case any of your buds need some. Face.

Late.

Posted by: scott75 ()
Date: August 16, 2006 19:02

Hi Guys,I'm new here and have been tring to gleem any info on the Louisville show
by any means possible.I haven't seen it posted but local rumor has it and the official Stones site has the opening act as .....Alice Cooper...this could be very interesting ,Alice is a master showman.See ya'll there !

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1505
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home