Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Rolling Stones charging warm-up bands to see Stones show.
Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: August 4, 2006 19:36

[uk.news.launch.yahoo.com]

Kasabian get Stoned off
(Friday August 04, 2006 09:21 AM)

Kasabian are apparently furious that the Rolling Stones are going to charge them £150 each to watch them in concert - even though the Leicester-born rockers will be playing as their support act.

Reported in today's Daily Mirror, the band's singer, Tom Meighan, said he was outraged at the decision.

He said: "It's quite incredible. We're f***ing supporting them! So if we get kicked off the stage we've got to buy a ticket, which is about 200 quid."

However, Meighan stated that he didn't blame the Stones personally for the decision, and was honoured to be playing with the 60s legends.

He added: "It's probably Americans who are running it, not Jagger. And Richards isn't going to know what's f***ing going on, is he?

"It is a f***ing absolute honour you know, they're gods, ain't they?

"I mean Mick Jagger, Richards, it's just yeah... S**t like that blows your mind again, you know."

"It just happens so fast sometimes that I just don't know how to take it, but it's a wonderful thing, man."

Kasabian will be warming up for the Stones in Zurich tomorrow (Aug 5) as well as a date in Nice next week.

The band's new single "Empire" is currently at number 9 in the UK singles charts.

Re: Rolling Stones charging warm-up bands to see Stones show.
Posted by: micwer ()
Date: August 4, 2006 19:39

A little easy to always blame it on the management... especially when you know that Jagger and Richards are control freaks.

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: August 4, 2006 19:46

Whoever's responsible for this, is sick.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 4, 2006 19:46

x

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-07 04:25 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: August 4, 2006 19:48

Is this a joke right?

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: August 4, 2006 19:50

Losers like Kayne should be paying the Stones for the publicity they will be getting warming up for the Stones. He could never get an audience like that on his own.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: August 4, 2006 19:52

Hahaha, that's just so bad...it would be naive to think Keith and Mick have no idea of that, unfortunately.

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: Odd-beat ()
Date: August 4, 2006 19:56

What kind of paper is UK's Daily Mirror?

x

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-07 04:25 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: maine road ()

Might explain why Mick Taylor or Bill Wyamn are reluctant to get on stage with the Stones again, though with them being former members perhaps they get discount.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: August 4, 2006 19:57

georgelicks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is this a joke right?

Nope...other news, gotta sat The Stones are SAVY buisnessmen as well.

[www.tonight.co.za]

[fficial&tab=wn&ncl=http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna/article.html%3Fa%3D/060804/340/ginzh.html%26e%3Dl_news_dm&hl=en" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">news.google.com]

Rolling Stones gather no tax
August 2, 2006

The Rolling Stones have saved nearly £100-million (about R1,2-billion) - by avoiding high British taxation laws.

The band's three original members, Sir Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts, reportedly paid just £4 million in tax on earnings of £242-million - by running their fortune through low-taxing bank accounts in Holland.

According to German newspaper Die Welt, the band have employed Dutch bankers Promogroup to handle their finances for the past 30 years, because they did not trust their native British financers.

The deal meant they were charged a mere 1.6 per cent tax in Holland, as opposed to 40 per cent in Britain.

If their money was held in UK banks, the veteran rockers would have paid £97-million in tax in the last 20 years.

Details of their off-shore banking surfaced after the Stones had to disclose certain information, when making their wills.

A source said: "The foundations are to make sure that after their death there would be no arguments among their heirs."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-04 19:59 by Bingo.

Posted by: somesmerized ()
Date: August 4, 2006 20:05

Well we live in Free World don't we? If the warm up act doesn't want to pay, no one puts a gun on their head to stay and watch the show, blah blah blah.

I'm kidding :0)

Honestly, for me that's it. The shows I've seen on this tour were not worth a tenth of what I paid. Last winter I actually sold some tickets that I had and got myself a beautiful Fender, which I'm still enjoying to this day :0) If they ever come up with another album, I'll download it somewhere. I've had it... Seriously, this is ridiculous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-04 20:08 by somesmerized.

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: August 4, 2006 20:31

This is certainly not true, its not even April 1st.

Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: August 4, 2006 20:38

I am as capitalist as they come, but that is just gross, not to mention shameful.

Blaming it on mangement is delusional.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: August 4, 2006 20:41

so what if they have to pay i have to pay and i don't earn anywhere near what they earn also i paid in december these so called showbiz people always want something for nothing

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: August 4, 2006 20:44

Just when you think it can't get any worse I read something like this. Mick must also recyle his empties for 5 cents a pop and collect coupons. Sad thing is there will be some people who actually defend the Stones for this.

Posted by: glimmer twin 81 ()
Date: August 4, 2006 20:45

pretty cool idea to charge the supports

Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: August 4, 2006 20:45

Did you perform on stage back in December?

If not, it blows a pretty big hole in the analogy.

Date: August 4, 2006 20:47

Why do people always feel the need to try to justify everything the Stones do?
This is just another incredibly stupid thing to do in a series of stupid things they did.

Posted by: glimmer twin 81 ()
Date: August 4, 2006 20:49

i think it is pretty funny to charge them
btw most of the supports arent good enough to see
a stones show for free and i ask myself why they dont tour
without those creepy bands

some of them are great for sure but most of them are a waste of money

Date: August 4, 2006 20:51

In case of Starsailor, they would have to pay me to see their show, if it was not while waiting for the Stones...

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: August 4, 2006 20:53

This is standard procedure for the tour. There was another band talking about this during the first leg. Maroon 5 maybe?

Date: August 4, 2006 21:04

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-07 04:25 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: August 4, 2006 21:26

To defend the Stones on this (if it is true) is ridiculous. Yes, they are THE greatest rock band of all time but they seem to forget how they started and that they are all musicians. For a group of musicians to charge their own opening act is like saying that any other band is just like the rest of the public. It is becoming a joke and unwanted gig to have to open for the Stones. Give me a break. The Stones have always been shrewd businessmen, but this is so stupid. No wonder the Chili Peppers said they they would never again open for a "corporation". The Stones are starting to suck the joy of music out of their own music.

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: August 4, 2006 21:40

The Stones used to make fun of 'The Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man' and his odious ilk ["Out Of Our Heads" 1965]. Now they have 73 of these @#$%& working for them. The bones of Brian Jones shudder in their grave...Stu's bones simply rattle and turn away...

Diamond rings, Vaseline, you gave me disease, well, I lost a lot of love over you.

Posted by: keef_nerd ()
Date: August 4, 2006 21:42

If true this is pathetic

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: August 4, 2006 21:48

It's a joke, and I must say it isn't the best I've seen.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: August 4, 2006 21:57

At the Seattle show last Fall, Motley Crue was the support act. During the Stones show, Nikki Sixx and a few others with him walked uo the steps and sat in the row I sat in, across the aisle. I remember thinking that these were pretty lame seats for the opening act (although pretty good seats for this mere mortal!). I wonder if they had to pay for those??

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: August 4, 2006 21:57

You cant just automatically believe everything you hear on the internet. there is a quote from the manager though. If it is true im very dissapointed. that would be so un cool to do something like that. If i was in kassabian I would just say F it and not play.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-04 21:59 by ryanpow.

Date: August 4, 2006 22:01

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-07 04:23 by Beelyboy.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1582
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home