Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

No MSG show?
Posted by: bloodtv ()
Date: August 1, 2006 19:34

I can't believe that the band is coming near to NYC and NOT playing Madison Square Garden. I haven't heard any rumours...but one more gig is all it would take.

Re: No MSG show?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 1, 2006 22:22

considering how slow the ticket sales are for Giants, I think youre a bit optimistic to expect them to add an arena show as well.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: August 1, 2006 22:46

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> considering how slow the ticket sales are for
> Giants, I think youre a bit optimistic to expect
> them to add an arena show as well.

Thats exactly what they are waiting for, too see how the Stadium shows sell first.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 1, 2006 22:50

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-07 06:56 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: August 1, 2006 22:53

you are such an altruist, beely....I like it

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: August 1, 2006 22:59

Maybe they should move the Giants stadium show to MSG. Is it open that night?

Date: August 1, 2006 23:19

if they did that, that would be the ultimate in humiliation

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: August 2, 2006 01:24

I think that IF the Giants stadium gig sells out fairly quickly, they will do MSG.

They have over saturated the market with too many shows. The shows that will sell quickly are the rarely visited markets (Halifax, Regina, Idaho....are they REALLY friggin playing Idaho?????).

I had hoped for a Buffalo date (They played here in 72, twice in 75, 78, 81 and mid 90s). Their last show here drew only about 45,000 show we are out of the derby now. 45,000 seats isn't enough here....but they are playing for 12,000 max in Idaho....what's up with that?

I don't want to fly to NYC to see them in Giants stadium. I would go to MSG though.

Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: August 2, 2006 02:30

I shall go to both!!!

Date: August 2, 2006 03:05

buffalo7478 Wrote:
> I think that IF the Giants stadium gig sells out
> fairly quickly, they will do MSG.
>

theres no signs that it will, however

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 2, 2006 03:49

yeah boohoo. U might get theatre shows instead. Boohoo! f-ing crybaby!!!!!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 2, 2006 04:33

As if there haven't been enough concerts at MSG. Time to move on and give others the opportunity to see the Stones.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 2, 2006 22:37

Madison Square Garden has raised the rent and it now costs $275,000 to stage a concert there not to mention union fees on top of that. Anyone think so they are so intent on playing an allegedly historic venue as many times as possible that they would let it cut into their profits like that? Some people here overanalyze things too much, all you gotta do is follow the money.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 3, 2006 02:08

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-07 06:49 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 3, 2006 02:15

The Giants gig appears to be selling a bit better. Tried ticketmaster today and the seats at all price levels suck and the onstage seats finally sold out. We shall see. I certainly won't be paying $450 to see more stadium shows, preferring to pay through the nose for Las Vegas or MSG, if they do it. I'll probably end up with $160 seats for a few shows, though.

If there is one stadium show that I would break out the large bucks for, it would be Aloha Stadium, because once you've spent that much money on airfare, hotels, etc., who cares at that point?

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: August 3, 2006 03:03

I tried Ticketmaster today and could have had floor seats. I tried it several times and got them everytime. there were even a lot of $160 seat failry close . I don't think this thing is selling well at all . I even tried Bostin and chicago and could have gotten floor seats. Think people are finally getting wise to these guys. I for one can't stand to even hear them play JJF anymore.
They haven't even gotten off there lazy asses to change the arrangement in Ten years. It is pretty friggen sad to me. I want Lisa and Bernard and all the rest of the excess off the stage . Just the band and a couple of Horns if they must. But that is it. I would love to see them play for an hour and play well then to hear them as they are now. A thousand dollars may be nothing to a lot of you but it a lot to me. And Iwill not pay 90 dollars to sit in the upper deck and hear them either.So I will pass on them AGAIN. Have fun Boise You can have em

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: August 3, 2006 05:03

Koen Wrote:
> As if there haven't been enough concerts at MSG.
> Time to move on and give others the opportunity to
> see the Stones.
time to book continental airlines arena again, lol

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: August 3, 2006 06:47

headly its obvious you have not seen this tour.

john scialfa

Posted by: RDNZL ()
Date: August 3, 2006 09:20

The floor on Giants Stadium was terribly crowded last year. I had to walk 5 miles to take a leak and the beer line took forever. MSG is the only area venue to see them at. Period. Maybe A.C. in October we will see.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 3, 2006 09:29

I predict the US Fall '06 tour will end at the LA FORUM.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: August 3, 2006 09:45

Gazza Wrote:
> if they did that, that would be the ultimate in
> humiliation

That will be indeed. But it will not happen as many students in economics will rush to benefit from the Cohl's discount. Mick has a LSE student should know that you cannot play with fire .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1593
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home