Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

PARIS CONCERT WAS AMAZING! REVIEW
Posted by: rn88 ()
Date: July 31, 2006 23:19

The Paris show was awesome. Read my review: www.eyepreferparis.com

Re: PARIS CONCERT WAS AMAZING! REVIEW
Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: July 31, 2006 23:33

Yes...StonesTod...my younger brother has got quite the mouth because of his FRUSTRATION - like that of many of us - with the Stones Modus Operandi of late. He loves the band deeply...as do I...but we are both dismayed at the intellectual laziness - bordering on downright contempt for the real fans - that the band has been exhibiting. They have an album of good new material...songs like "Dangerous Beauty" and "Rain Fall Down" and "Laugh,I Nearly Died" that are relevant to today..as well as a back song catalogue of gems just dying to be brought out to daylight. And yet they play the same 14 old warhorses concert after concert, with he same old cast-of-thousands backing band, with the oppressive stage set and the fireworks...Disneyland on stage. Do they really need to do this tour after tour? NO...NO...and we are both very disgusted. SO apologies for the verbiage...but no apologies for the sentiments behind the words. I will be in Stuttgart and London to see them...because I am loyal...and I love them...but I feel a strange vibe of negativity on this tour from the real hard-core fans toward the band...they have perhaps gilded the Lilly far too long...and the people who know and love them are reaching the breaking point. I know I am...

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: July 31, 2006 23:35

I agree wholeheartedly. Even the warhorses sounded fresh. For example, best Brown Sugar I've heard in years with Mick spurring the band on to play extra choruses so he could shake his tail feathers some more. Wonderful stuff and a great audience. Hope you all have as good a time in Amsterdam.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: July 31, 2006 23:44

I'm quite shure lot of stones fans share, more or less, this opinion now turd.

I tend to agree with you on most points Turd.
And there are plenty more that I know of.
The bottom line to me is, that they should play first of all for themselves, and than see who likes it,and not the other way round.
So not per definition 12 warhorses in the finale, because you think that you have to play that, to appease the audience.
I'm not very good with words but I hope you get my point.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 31, 2006 23:49

you actually don't have to play warhorses at the end to appease the audience. that's a bunch of malarkey. I just saw CSNY last week - they have a similar set of "warhorses" - but, the ones they choose to play are sprinkled throughout the 3-hour set - and they include rare songs in the closing portion. Went over very well with a very dedicated crowd. there are no RULES to this - the Stones would like you to believe otherwise, however...

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: August 1, 2006 00:07

I personally reached the breaking point last week when I saw the $500 price tag for floor tix at the Giants stadium. I would pay that amount to see the 1972 RS, not the 2006. An amazing Jagger cannot always eclipse the few misses of Keith and Ronnie.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1993
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home