Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Con le mie lacrime
Posted by: Keith70 ()
Date: July 30, 2006 13:41

Just a curiosity:
Why they did an italin version of "As tears go by", rather then in french or in other language?
Bye from Italy...

Re: Con le mie lacrime
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 30, 2006 15:52

because theyd officially released the Italian version as a single in that country in 1966

Posted by: Aucoin ()
Date: July 30, 2006 16:02

I think he wants to know why they released an italian version in 1966 and not a french one or whatever language.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 30, 2006 16:16

Oh - I see. Must say its always baffled me, as well. Maybe someone just presented them with an Italian translation of the lyrics and they thought it worked nicely

Posted by: Keith70 ()
Date: July 30, 2006 16:37

Aucoin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think he wants to know why they released an
> italian version in 1966 and not a french one or
> whatever language.

Yes Aucoin,
I want to know exactly what you've posted...

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 30, 2006 18:35

Released as a single with Heart of stone on bside in 1966. There was a tradition in the 60's here to have american, english or french singers to sing their hits in italian and sometimes to record them. Also many singers and bands in that period took the british hits and translated them in italian (Equipe84, Dik Dik, Caterina Caselli). Also in that period the most famous music festival in Italy, SanRemo, used to have italian singers coupled with english or american artists that should sing togeher the song in italian. Even those were where merely guests they were expected to sing in italian (louis Armstrong had to). In fact next year, 1967, Mick went to San Remo with Marianne where she was supposed to sing with a guy named Ricky Maiocchi a song called "C'รจ chi spera". I guess Italian was a booming market at the time for teenager's music. The song, though not a huge success, helped to estabilish the band's popularity. This tradition, there's somithing similar in Spain I guess, is still alive. I remember some boy bands in the nineties recording italian versions of hits. But also sting did that and, back in the late sixties, David Bowie (A space oddity, if i remember)

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 30, 2006 18:50

As John Lennon said, they did all 2 months later.
And the Italien thing is just an coincidence.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1735
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home