Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
How Much You Spend On The Stones
Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: July 27, 2006 20:58

So far this year I've run up to about £1,500. Tickets, records, mags etc. But I expect it to be around £2,300 or more by new year. But it comes with a free big smile. If I had more I'd spend more.

Re: How Much You Spend On The Stones
Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: July 27, 2006 21:04

Thats not to bad jagger 50. i ve seen every show here in Europe up until Amsterdam . Three weeks 7,000 U.S. that includes my journeys food lodgings etc... Not bad when you see the scalpers in America charging 8 to 10 thousand dollars for front row at Giant stadium Thats ridiculous!

Date: July 27, 2006 21:08

I can't stand scalpers. In 03 40LT I saw the same scalper at the Copenhagen show and at Wembley.

Date: July 27, 2006 21:13

Yeah America is sick! Check Razor gator or any ticket outlet in the states right now There F*****! I m not kidding 8, 000 dollars for front row Thats not right! But thats what i m saying in Europe you can get front row for 120 Euro so i don t know why people BITCH HERE!

Date: July 27, 2006 21:21

Obviously it's an expensive time for us right now. But I buy Stones stuff every month. I'm going to a Stones convention soon = debt. But I can't help it.

I'm not bitching about scalpers prices. It's the principle that stinks. If my girl couldn't go to a show I would ask only face value. I've even bought one face value.

Date: July 27, 2006 21:26

Yeah jagger50 i did not mean you. I m just saying in general people that are whinning on the euro gigs need to put them self in check because there very fortunate and they don t realize how good they have it seeing a stones gig front row for 120 Euro!

Date: July 27, 2006 21:29

I wonder if this ever ends. Does anyone like me ever say, "that's enough. I have enough."

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: July 27, 2006 21:41

So far this year, exactly 9258 dollars. According to credit card statements.(And then some on the beginning of the tour in 2005...) This is counting shows in the US, Europe, hotels, air fares, concert tix. Not counting: Albums, merchandice, food on Stones-travels, memorabilia and other silly things I stumble over. It's totally Out Of Control... Yeah, and I'd love to hear that song live. Comming up now: Amsterdam, Nice, London, Bergen, Horsens. And I'll pick some US and south america shows, when the real gems are announced. Crazy? Sure! Can I defend this kind of spending money on my Stones passion? Definitely! Because the value of the golden moments is beyond all the money in the world.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: July 27, 2006 21:44

tens of thousands, if you count some 40+ years of collecting, touring, etc.......I wished you wouldnt have asked this....

Date: July 27, 2006 21:46

shidoobee, Truer words were never spoken i did not include My Mexico trip or New Zealand or for that matter the U.S. Where i live but were talkin probablt 25,000

Date: July 27, 2006 21:46

stone-relics Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> tens of thousands, if you count some 40+ years of
> collecting, touring, etc.......I wished you
> wouldnt have asked this....

I'm proud of you! You should be too! Imagine - you could have spent the money on somethin totally unusefull... But fortunately - you didn't! Good for you. Good for us.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: July 27, 2006 21:49

Oh I did plenty of spending on other baddities...but, thanks....Its something...I need a bigger house!

JR

Date: July 27, 2006 21:51

Put into perspective I guess it's not so out of control. Think what some people spend on clothes. Cars. Fishing. At least with the Stones stuff it increases in value. As per Record Collectors Rare Record Price List. Even Record collector mags become collectors items.

Posted by: keefstheman ()
Date: July 27, 2006 22:04

jagger50 Wrote:
> I wonder if this ever ends. Does anyone like me
> ever say, "that's enough. I have enough."

I do. Took me almost 40 yrs to come to my senses, but they have enough of my $$. Still love em, tho...

Date: July 27, 2006 22:10

keefstheman Wrote:
> jagger50 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I wonder if this ever ends. Does anyone like me
> > ever say, "that's enough. I have enough."
>
>
> I do. Took me almost 40 yrs to come to my senses,
> but they have enough of my $$. Still love em,
> tho...

I think in my case, I won't stop untill the Stones stop... And even then, I'll go hunting for great bootlegs, stuff I don't have and stuff that's worn out and needs to be replaced. What a mess my little room in the retirement home will be! And I shall ask for a room in the wing with only deaf people, so I can play LOUD! (Or next to some other fans...)

Posted by: keefstheman ()
Date: July 27, 2006 22:12

Careful, Shidobee, you may not have money left for your retirement home. But our boys will sure be comfortable, wont they?!

Date: July 27, 2006 22:18

I've been smart through the years. No worries. And I don't have very extravagant habits, except when the Stones are touring.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 27, 2006 22:55

Q: How Much You Spend On The Stones?

Thousands!!.....
I don't know....2-3 pounds a week?....5 quid week!

Posted by: TatteredTongue ()
Date: July 28, 2006 00:03

I just became a fan early 2005. I bought the whole Virgin catalouge by 06(average $15 a CD). Got the ABCKO 2002 remastered series boxset($315) and then the 3 US versions($20 each), the Singles Collection ($55), and Hot Rocks and More Hot Rocks($30 each). Have four Stones shirts ($25 a shirt and $30 for the tour shirt). Calender ($20), the three Singles boxsets ($55 each), Forty Licks boxset ($40), the Bigger Bang Tour limited lp replica boxset with Sticky through Tattoo ($295). Four Flicks ($30), BTB DVD ($20), Rock & Roll Circus DVD ($20), Sympathy DVD ($20). A few other various items I don't remember the price of. And my first concert at Giants last year ($400 on ebay for a VIP package and two lower lvl tix) and this coming up Giants show ($320 for two lower lvl tix and $59 worth of "charges" for ordering from ticketmaster).

Roughly about $2,384 since jan 2005, and I'm only 15.

Posted by: russr ()
Date: July 28, 2006 00:04

way too much is how much I've spent. But I've enjoyed losing every penny of it!

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: July 28, 2006 00:06

TatteredTongue Wrote:
> Roughly about $2,384 since jan 2005, and I'm only
> 15.

You call that roughly?!

Posted by: TatteredTongue ()
Date: July 28, 2006 00:10

um... I guess.

Posted by: stonesriff ()
Date: July 28, 2006 00:22

8 shows so far, mainly up and down the east coast of the U.S. including hotels $4,000.

"Is it any wonder that we fuss and fight"

Date: July 28, 2006 00:27

When the Stones are gone, all the stuff we bought will take on another meaning. And a new price. But mine stays with me. It took too much trouble to come by in the first place.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 28, 2006 00:36

Well, this year, in Euros, let's see:

2*60 Twicks Tickets (another of them as a gift for my better half; her first and my last Stones concert)
30 TicketmasterUK "service" smiling smiley
80 flight tickets
60 Hotel
2 Chris Jagger solo album (if that counts)

Well, that's about 292 Euros. An impressing figure, don't you think, Mick?

- Doxa

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 28, 2006 00:43

I forgot which county I came from

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-28 00:46 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: July 28, 2006 01:02

For the Stones, there is no limit!

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 28, 2006 01:40

WAY, WAY TOO MUCH, it blows my mind to think of it so I try NOT to add it up! I would kill myself! Aw, but I did love it, and my Stones collection is what I value the most!

Posted by: terry ()
Date: July 28, 2006 02:28

a pat on the back for tattered tounge ..15 years old and hooked ..mick will love you....ive been spending on them since 64 i dread to think..and if the wife knew she go mental..ive got trunk fulls of stuff

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: July 28, 2006 02:41

4 US shows about $ 700.00 for tickets
$ 200.00 T-shirts etc .
$ 50.00 Parking fees
$ 8,000 Used Vinyl records and cds ( estimated )
________
$ 8,950.00 thus far

Would like to attend concerts in Foxboro , MA and ATlantic City , NJ another $500.00 or so

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2094
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home