Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Back to the good old USA!
Posted by: Grahamf ()
Date: July 25, 2006 18:20

Let me preface this by saying I have been a fan since early 1964 and have been to many gigs over the years. However this announcement today of even more dates in the USA given the fact that they have struggled to manage so few dates over here has finally done it for me. I was one of the lucky fans going to Barcelona, no show, no information for weeks, held onto my money until July 2nd, then cancelled any chance of returning next year. No apologies for the wrecked arrangements (My tickets were a birthday present) and yes I'm glad Keith is OK but if I was that unprofessional whilst in the middle of a contract, I wouldn't have a business to return to. But hey its OK we'll just go back to the states to fill the coffers once again!

Yes this is a rant. I forgave them last time they cancelled due to tax reasons but even though they are the greatest live Rock band the fans deserve a little more respect. Thank god I can rely on Carlos Santana who I have had the pleasure to see every time he has toured the UK since 1970 and who has been brilliant every time and never once let the fans down. Thats a true great!

Re: Back to the good old USA!
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 25, 2006 18:24

Completely agree- they've made they're bed, as far as Europe is concerned..they can lie in it.

These ridiculously insensitive and insulting quotes from this press conference, are a disgrace:-

"There is plenty of time for rehearsals and to be able to make some set changes - we'll have a variety of material ready so we can keep it fresh." (MJ)

"I thought we left too soon you know, so that's the reason we're coming back. I'm really happy that we got some more gigs in America and Canada," said Keith Richards. "I'm feeling great and can't wait to get there."

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 25, 2006 18:25

the funniest thing was Keiths statement in the press release that the reason they were going back was because they felt theyd left too early last time (66 shows!!!! and an announcement made in the middle of a truncated European tour!)

whats even funnier is that there will be idiots who'll believe that!

Posted by: nikkibong ()

well come on, it's not like they're a european band or anything . . . right? right? RIGHT?!?!

Posted by: Lizard ()

I think it's terrible to go back to the USA after having just cancelled Europe gigs anyway.

Posted by: Dale42 ()
Date: July 25, 2006 18:30

For me living just south of New york.. its bitter sweet. As stated in another thread...its awful for Eurpoe. I am glad they are coming but feel extremely guilty buying a ticket.... just the way I am. I will be going to the Giant Stadium... I can't afford the airfare here from there. BUT I will buy a ticket for anyone in Europe.. who would like to go. I know a clean hotel near the stadium.. I turly mean this... email me. First come. PS. I dont sit in the cheap sets either so it will be a good seat. I hope nobody takes offence to this, I am just trying to make something good out of something bad.

Thanks for listening!

Date: July 25, 2006 18:31

nice of them to promise, in the press conference, to make good, to the people's of Gothenburg, St.Petersburg, Barcelona, Madrid, Brno etc, etc, wasn't it?

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 25, 2006 18:31

Blimey..... good see the Stones rolling on! Shame we'll have to suffer more gripes about set list, ronnie, tickets etc. etc

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 25, 2006 18:32

After all is said and done..I love MJ s version of ..Back in The USA!!

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: July 25, 2006 18:34

ablett Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Blimey..... good see the Stones rolling on! Shame
> we'll have to suffer more gripes about set list,
> ronnie, tickets etc. etc

yep, it's a shame the set-list will be unimaginative, ronnie will be shaky, and the tickets will be too damn expensive!

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 25, 2006 18:37

I first read: Back to the good gold USA ! Great for this country and Canada. They promise new material to be played. The thing I also enjoy is that they will play mostly Stadiums.

Date: July 25, 2006 18:43

Gazza Wrote:
> the funniest thing was Keiths statement in the
> press release that the reason they were going back
> was because they felt theyd left too early last
> time (66 shows!!!! and an announcement made in the
> middle of a truncated European tour!)

funny? - bloody insulting, more like.

Posted by: jostorm ()
Date: July 25, 2006 18:51

You're perfectly right and you are not alone in thinking this!
The important second step after this realisation is : stay away from any other shows. I'm doing it and surprisingly after over 20 years of unconditionally loving them, it ain't even difficult. I saw them only in Berlin and that's it for me.....(and personally I found the show very mediocre...)
At the last tour I saw them 8 times in 5 countries, I even flew over the Atlantic to catch them at MSG.
This time I had 3 lined up, but Madrid and Amsterdam were cancelled. I am as irate as you are about the way they handled this cancellation and have decided to protest in the only way that may potentially hurt them: I stay away now and I don't buy any merchandise anymore. If enough fans did this, perhaps they'd take notice! I am realistical enough to know that this will probably not make the slightest dent in their fortunes, but it is a simple matter of self-respect; from now on I am not pumping a single cent into the RS Corporation, they can feck themselves, as far as I'm concerned!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-25 18:52 by jostorm.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 25, 2006 18:52

Disappointing...

Date: July 25, 2006 18:52

phd Wrote:
> I first read: Back to the good gold USA ! Great
> for this country and Canada. They promise new
> material to be played. The thing I also enjoy is
> that they will play mostly Stadiums.

uh..lets see....they have 17 days off between Europe and the "Doing it for the kids" US leg as some of us have now renamed it

And Keith will be on the set of POTC3 for about a week of that.

But as Mick says, plenty of time to rehearse lots of new songs. Sure.

Date: July 25, 2006 18:53

Adrian-L Wrote:
> Gazza Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > the funniest thing was Keiths statement in the
> > press release that the reason they were going
> back
> > was because they felt theyd left too early last
> > time (66 shows!!!! and an announcement made in
> the
> > middle of a truncated European tour!)
>
> funny? - bloody insulting, more like.

I'd like to think you realised I was being somewhat cynical, Adrian!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-25 18:53 by Gazza.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 25, 2006 18:57

Gazza Wrote:
"Doing it for the kids" US leg as
some of us have now renamed it

Love that British sense of humor.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: July 25, 2006 19:01

well the stones know where there bread is buttered..and the yanks have plenty of money..do the stones care ..when have they ever cared ..lol they have been arrogant from when they started out...i still love em ..but they have extracted the urine out of the europeans..

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: July 25, 2006 19:08

For a long time I had this doubt that European fans were considered as second class fans now it's a fact !

It's great for American fans but a real shame for European fans.

I'm gonna paint "SHAME ON YOU" on Mick's house walls in France.

Date: July 25, 2006 19:21

LOL. Nice one, JP.

Posted by: elvisloose ()
Date: July 25, 2006 19:39

why not playing every 2 or 3 days in las vegas ???
they don't need to change the country.they must not
travel.no logistic problems.they only need one stage.
that all saves a lot of money.
rollingstones.com could buy an airline and sell a lot of
travel packages to all the european "fans".

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: July 25, 2006 19:59

Well, they probably had everything planned before Keith's accident.... you don't book lots of stadiums from one day to the other.... consert planning takes time.....

Keith didn't fall of the tree on purpose so to cancel the shows in Europe.... that's what can happen - with the Stones, with us, with everybody.... how many of you guys haven't canelled a birthday party, flight trip etc. because of an accident?? My work collega had to cancell his wedding two weeks ago because of his future wife getting to sick..... shit happens and you never know when... that's probably also why people by travel cancelling insurance......

Imagine if Charlie had been more unlucky with his car accident more than year ago, then there wouldn't have been any consert today or in the future at all.....

I am quite sure they will come back to Europe in 2007 to play in the places or nearby that were cancelled this summer...

Cheer up.....

Posted by: Grahamf ()
Date: July 25, 2006 20:10

You're missing the point. I'm not moaning about 1 concert missed although that was bad enough, rather the way in which the whole farce surrounding the 'accident' was handled. When it was finally known the tour would be altered there was virtually no information for the venues that bwere to be cancelled. Then the postponments, then cancellations and all the time rumours about more US dates. I was a true fan but when you mess up as they have done over this then enough is enough. If you are happy with the way they have treated the European fans well thats fine and I hope you enjoy whichever gig you go to.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 25, 2006 20:10

nikkibong Wrote:
> well come on, it's not like they're a european
> band or anything . . . right? right? RIGHT?!?!

No, they're NOT a Europeon band, they're an ENGLISH band! yawning smiley)

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 25, 2006 20:13

English...blues ,R&R band...playing black american music...mixed with downhome folk..country!!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 25, 2006 20:30

The Stones are coming back to the States to do............Kid Rock..........judging from the venue list..........they ain't fooling.........they are gonna play some big time college stadiums

Posted by: RollingStonesUSA ()
Date: July 25, 2006 20:40

I will be attending Boston!

"It's Good To Be Here, It's Good To Be Anywhere"-Keith Richards

"Halloween Is Every Night Of My Life"-Keith Richards

"I Got The Sticky Fingers, For Some Girls"

Posted by: gibb76 ()
Date: July 25, 2006 21:15

I am sorry to all of the fans in Europe. You all deserve better. I am in the U.S. and have always felt that Europe gets the short end of the stick. I just might skip them is time around.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: July 25, 2006 21:17

College students will not pay $425.00 for a ticket, not even $75.00. Rolling Stones are not relative to the under 21 crowd and it's too soon in a school year to blow money on a rock concert, especially when they spent money on summer shows by bands that play over 2hrs in the $50.00 range.

Posted by: Mirko ()
Date: July 26, 2006 00:13

Dale thank you for your offer!
NYC is a great City and the people are very friendly-I`ve been there last September.
I would come back-but after I watched my cancelled Brno Show and Warsaw, Frankfurt and Leipzig!
So I wait for Pearl Jam in September!And The Who next Year!
Stones go back to USA-count your Money? We Europeanes like to be 2nd glass people!
Today I bought the new single-this was a mistake!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-26 00:28 by Mirko.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1314
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home