Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Cologne show....my first live gig on this tour
Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: July 25, 2006 15:56

What ever is troubling Ronnie I'm sure he would rather be over it. I for one wish him all the best and I take great pride in being at both Twicks shows. Give em hell Ronnie.

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: July 25, 2006 16:01

So has anyone heard of a bootleg that's going to be distributed on Dime soon? Cologne was a great show that deserves a better than average recording for posterity.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: July 25, 2006 16:08

J-J-Flash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Salar and Turd,
> Thanks for the reviews, you should try to get them
> posted by BV on the concert pages, ha ha, no
> chance something written that is critical of the
> band would be posted.

Not true actually, some of the latter reports on Cologne in the review page are not enthusiastic at all.
I suppose bv posts them if they're with a real name, well written and adding something to what was already said. Before I went I was planning on submitting him a review afterwards, but when I figured out I could not say much more than that I had had a great time but I could not comment on the musical performance since the sound was bad where I was, I decided not to due to lack of good information. The odd comment I can leave on the Cologne thread as well (a pity this is a new one actually).

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: July 25, 2006 16:12

I agree Limestone. What happened to that initual Colonge thread? Did'nt you start the first thread that night which we both were posting right after the show as was bv too.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 25, 2006 16:16

And he was good in Munchen and Berlin...Right''?

Posted by: KeithDaMan ()
Date: July 25, 2006 16:19

Hi, I saw both Berlin and Cologne. Although ronnie was off in Cologne, no question about that, the whole show was much stronger then Berlin. IT WAS A GREAT SHOW, with Keith and Mick working very hard. The sound was crystal clear on my spot but I was standing in the middle just 2 meters from the front.

Looking forward to my next one, Sheffield !

Date: July 25, 2006 16:22

stonesfrk Wrote:
> I agree Limestone. What happened to that initual
> Colonge thread? Did'nt you start the first thread
> that night which we both were posting right after
> the show as was bv too.

It's off to the second page... It had a mixture of opinions, which by the way seems typical for this show: Ronnie good vs. Ronnie very bad; Sound awesome vs. sound awful. You see it when you read the review page as well.

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: July 25, 2006 16:23

KeithDaMan. The sound was great where i was too. i was about 8 people off the cat on Woody's side 1st row The sound was the best so far i think too but Hannover a very close second.As long as they kep it loud it will be o.k.!

Date: July 25, 2006 17:02

I'm now back after Cologne. I see this and other threads and the review-pages. Disagreement seems to be the headline. Basically it's about our expectations, I guess.
This was my first concert of the tour so far. I've kept silent and listened to the boots instead of making comments here. After this first concert I must say that I've got mixed feelings. And I really don't know if I have changed or the Stones is relying too much on the autopilot......
The sound in Cologne was very good imo. In fact I'll claim it was excellent. I was standing in the middle of the ground and was very pleased. After reading the above posts it may look as if I after all was a bit lucky not be able to get into the FOS-area ( because of some blatant disorganizing on behalf on the stewards supposing to direct you to the right place - won't comment more on that though I was quite mad ). Instead I had an excellent view during the B-stage songs ( and will make sure I get my FOS in Stuttgart ).
I suppose I don't have the right to judge if Ronnie was drunk or not. My impression is that he wasn't, but I'm glad he did play better at some of the earlier shows. His small solo in SMU wasn't the best one. His other solos was acceptable...at least not embarrassing. His overall playing wasn't bad at all imo.
I guess agreement on this will never happen.....
The there's the "autopilot"-thing: I had this feeling part of the time. Songs like LSTNT, SFTD, GOOMC and Satisfaction somehow really rocked the way they should do. And even better than I expected.
Satisfaction is for me one of the surprises of this tour. Never been played better imo. It could go on and on unlike eg Brown Sugar that lasted at least a minute longer that it should have without anything happening. TD and IORR are other examples of "nothing new" happening. Still even Stones partly on autopilot is much better than the rest out there. The only song that really didn't work for me was SOL. I actually like this tune, but the performance in Cologne didn't make me love it.
So conclusively I'll just say that I miss the arena - and the club shows. Stones at a stadium is still the best rocking show you can get at a place like that, but I do have feeling of having missed something along the way.....Conclusively inconclusive. That's what I say - while being a bit envious of the Berlin set-list/show. Now I hope Stuttgart will make me leave with A Bigger Smile smiling smiley

Date: July 25, 2006 17:27

Streets of Love I think actually worked very well. Even though most of the people did not know it or heard it only once or were forgotten about it already, everybody around me sang along with the I-i-i-i-i-i-i which was very nice. Moreover it was one of the few songs that actually reached my ear the way it was intended soundwise. That way I could hear Ronnie did this little but effective solo properly.

Posted by: Bockwuchsd ()
Date: July 25, 2006 18:03

Having one bad night among 30-40 other nights when Ronnie is good is no excuse. People who have only been to the Cologne show don't care for Ronnies other good shows, they want to see a great performance of him for the show they have payed alot of hard earned money. Though I think that the Cologne show was a hell of a concert I have to admit that Ronnies performance was far from good. What comes first to my mind is that the didn't play very much at all and his embarrassing solo in YCAGWYW. That was really a pain in the ass. He destroyed the song with that piece of crap he thinks that's a solo. I think he just can't play anymore for whatever reasons.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 25, 2006 18:06

stonesfrk Wrote:
> KeithDaMan. The sound was great where i was too. i
> was about 8 people off the cat on Woody's side 1st
> row The sound was the best so far i think too but
> Hannover a very close second.As long as they kep
> it loud it will be o.k.!

So ,in Hannover he dint have a hangover??

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: July 25, 2006 20:12

>>>>I run my own company...someone in my team pulls a stunt like that in front of paying clients...he is history. I know I would be. I think you all would agree.<<<
You are so godamned right!!!!!!!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1684
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home