Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Fall Tour confirmed - NEW DATES UP AT RS.COM
Posted by: sater ()
Date: July 25, 2006 19:27

Lizard Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Europe is being screwed. Screwed right deep in the
> arse. Cancel shows here and do more in the US.
> Disgusting.

You have right..They screw us..why they didn't play some indoor shows in Europe???

Re: Announcement from the Stones - Fall Tour confirmed
Posted by: theimposter ()

Too bad, I was REALLY hoping for the Louisville show to be more than a rumor.

Posted by: Gazza ()

beacon theatre 29/10/06 is slated to be the only theatre show and you know what a nightmare that will be to get tickets for after the hangers on, crew and family get their share

I think most people gave up on the promised theatre shows last summer when the dates allocated for them were replaced by various and more lucrative arena gigs instead

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: July 25, 2006 19:30

Here's a little bit more on the ticket prices form Billboard.com:

Tour promoter Michael Cohl says ticket prices will be about 10-15% less on the upcoming leg, with an additional $20 discount for students. As-yet-unannounced "young, contemporary opening acts" are promised, according to the band.

An American Express presale begins tomorrow (July 26) for some shows. A limited number of Gold Circle seats will be available, while the remaining 90% of the house will average $89 for stadium shows and $99 for arena gigs.

As you can see, Cohl is still giving lower than realistic ticket price averages even when you remove the $450 Gold Circle tickets from the equation. The precentage of $60 is very minor, with a huge percentage at $160. Even if there were an exactly equal amount of $160, $90 and $60 tickets, the average would be $103.33 per ticket excluding Gold Circle $450 tickets.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: July 25, 2006 19:36

So the Stones are becoming a repetitive touring machine.

They must have made the decision to keep the machine rolling quite a while ago.

What about recording some new stuff and being being a bit creative?

I do agree with keeping music live...... but it all becomes a bit meaningless when it's been now rolling for nigh-on 10 years based on a greatest hits package and one new album.

Regurgitation. Expensive at that.

Remember the score.......... ALBUM tour, ALBUM tour, ALBUM tour.......

Surely it's less hard work to record something for a month than to play a month's worth of gigs. Perhaps not.

Some words from the wise:

"Get up, Get Out, down into Something New"

Date: July 25, 2006 20:16

Four Stone Walls Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So the Stones are becoming a repetitive touring
> machine.
>
> They must have made the decision to keep the
> machine rolling quite a while ago.
>
> What about recording some new stuff and being
> being a bit creative?

While I would love to see the band record more new music, I don't think it's unreasonable for a band to still be touring behind the same album 12-15 months after it's release. Personally, I'm very happy to have the chance to see the Stones at least 1 more time, perhaps as many as 3 more times, on this tour, even though I feel the Europeans really are getting screwed this time. Also, I really don't think that adding these extra couple months onto the tour have added any time onto when we may next see a new album from the Stones, other than by entirely saturating the North American market with concerts, they may not feel they could tour here again until 2009 at the earliest and these days Stones albums are designed to support tours.

I am surprised by the amount of stadium shows they are doing on this leg. I assumed the fall leg would be primarily arenas. The Los Angeles area has been real supportive on this tour with 4 sold out shows including 1 stadium, but when a band plays the same market for a third time within 12 months, you don't expect the demand to greatly increase on the third time through. The Forum show in march sold out, but it took a very long time to sell all 15,000 or so tickets. Now on the third time through they move to the 46,000 seat Dodger Stadium. That kind of defies logic when interest in seeing them should be even lower than it was for the Forum show in March.
>
> Surely it's less hard work to record something for
> a month than to play a month's worth of gigs.
> Perhaps not.

I think it's much more difficult for them to in this late stage of their career to spend a month in the studio and come up with anything fresh or creative than for them to continually repeat doing something they are very good at, which is touring.

Date: July 25, 2006 20:29

I was just checking on Ticketmaster to see the presales listed and they are also selling the $100 Stones fan club memberships as a separate deal apart from the presales. Last time, if you wanted to participate in the post May 9th presale, you could searhc for tickets and then add a membership to your total. Here is how they are listed this time:

Find Tickets List View | Calendar View
Los Angeles & Surrounding Areas 1 - 1 of 1
Sun, 12/31/06
08:00 PM Rolling Stones Fan Club Membership
National Event - La2
Los Angeles, CA Find Tickets

United States Of America 1 - 1 of 1
Sun, 12/31/06
National Event - WDC
Washington, DC Find Tickets

Dates Scheduled in Other Countries 1 - 2 of 2
Sun, 12/31/06
National Events - Tor
Toronto, ON Find Tickets

Sun, 12/31/06
National Events - Van National Events
Vancouver, BC Find Tickets

It's interesting to note that they are selling them for Washington, DC and Toronto as neither of those cities have been rumored for shows on this fall leg. perhaps both cities will be getting shows to be announced later.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: July 26, 2006 01:02

It beats me why anyone would want to go back and see the same tired formula again so soon.

I've not even got huge enthusiasm to see them once in Europe. It would be great however if they really were touring behind the album, and if this weren't just Licks Part 2, with a slight difference.

Talk about flogging a dead horse.

From '97/98 to '99 we had the BtB tour and then the same thing under a new guise "The No Security Tour"

They should call Bigger Bang Part 2 "The Dead Horse Tour"

or the "Flog it to Death" tour.

With full double-entendre!

Posted by: SeNdEr ()
Date: July 26, 2006 01:18

what about Argentina? nothing yet?

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: July 26, 2006 01:19

no confirmation on band that will open shows??? guess its a nobody then as if it was a major band i would figure they would announce it..

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 26, 2006 01:21

Aside from the Arena shows, Dodger Stadium will be great. Saturday night, in LA, and I think the prior shows will actually help them because the three shows they played in the LA Area were apparently all fantasic shows (2 at the Bowl, then the Forum in March). I'll definitely be there.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 26, 2006 01:25

I would not count on many arena shows. Looking at the tour schedule, there just doesn't seem to be a lot of room for additional shows, given their tendency to take more time off between shows these days (remember they spent three friggin weeks in Japan and only played 5 shows). I was really hoping for one final night at MSG, but that doesn't look likely to me.

Date: July 26, 2006 02:17

I'm happy to have them back again, and feel lucky to get another chance to see and hear the Stones! I'm very excited, because after KEEF's accident I was scared to death that there would be no more touring. So I appreciate them more than ever now.

Hell yeah, I would like more variety in the set lists, but whatever they do is sure to please me. When I see THE STONES, I forget everything else and I am transported to ROLLING STONES heaven for a couple of hours of rock & roll bliss.

I LOVE THEM! Thru & Thru.

Posted by: hailtothestones ()
Date: July 26, 2006 03:28

What is the deal with the DC show? Halup I dont understand your post. DC is no longer up on ticketmaster.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 26, 2006 04:32

It's funny that they're trying to get young fans in US, I think that the relative low sales of ABB there made impact in the band and they think that the young people are buying records nowadays.

Posted by: SeNdEr ()
Date: July 26, 2006 04:58

the shows in Buenos Aires will be Announcemented next month Daniel Grinback said it in his forum!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-26 04:59 by SeNdEr.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: July 26, 2006 09:38

"It's funny that they're trying to get young fans in US, I think that the relative low sales of ABB there made impact in the band and they think that the young people are buying records nowadays."

Young people nowadays buy (or steel) music (songs) on the net and not so much in the stores (CD's) anymore..... it's cheaper, you can chose the song you want, and you can buy it without going to a shop......

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: July 26, 2006 09:51

>..why they didn't play some indoor shows in Europe???

Amsterdam ArenA is indoors.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1223
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home