Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Paris sell out ?
Date: July 24, 2006 17:49

Is paris a sold out show ?

Cologne wasn't (think 2000 spare seats and the field wasn't packed at all) but it was one of the best shows ever !!!!

Re: Paris sell out ?
Posted by: bartfrombrussels ()
Date: July 24, 2006 18:06

No, still 4.190 tickets availeble!

Also On stage tickets available at 350 euro

BUT THE PARKINGLOT IS SOLD OUT! Hoera!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 24, 2006 18:10

Any FOS available?

C

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: July 24, 2006 18:13

liddas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any FOS available?
>
> C

No! Not anymore!!! ;-)

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 24, 2006 18:15

Factually, Ticketnet has 4,000 tix available. What puzzles me is that 3,100 are General Admission. Thus I have to go back to 1998 and 2003. In 1998, The Stones had to cancel a second gig ( Football Worldcup in France reasonwise) : 80,000 + 40,000. So they overpacked the First Show In 2003, the show was sold out monthes ahead due date. Anyone of fair perception who attended these 2 shows would tell you that the audience was much larger in 1998 than in 2003 due to a huge and compact GA. I think we are in the same posture than 1998. Verdict : Friday. By the way,I heard on 2 french TV Channels ( namely France 2 and M6, respectively Saturday and Sunday) that the concert was sold out !!!

Date: July 24, 2006 18:35

Let's hope for Midnight Rambler !!!!

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 24, 2006 18:52

Saturday is THE day on which many people drive south for their summer holidays.
Some people take their Thurday or Friday and leave earlier to avoid massive traffic jams.
This is for sure the reason why there may be tickets left, added to the fact that some people who couldn't get the exact replacement of their tickets prefered not to come.
Driving in France on Friday or Sunday will be OK, but Saturday is THE day on which you really shouldn't try to get on a highway.

BTW, as posted in the buy-sell-trade section, a very good friend of mine has got spare FOS tickets (no scalping). If interested, his email is in the thread in the buy-sell-trade section.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: July 24, 2006 18:54

Uhm the show is on friday so that is not the problem for people from above paris.. luckely

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: July 24, 2006 20:58

You may get a FOS ticket if you try early in the morning, I got one less than 3 weeks ago. At the same time it was FOS tickets for Berlin too sometimes, but it is easier for me to travel to Paris

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: July 25, 2006 15:28

Avoid going to Paris in your own car and parking it in the area around the stadium if you want to take it home with you.....

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: July 25, 2006 15:29

they'll play the same ole warhorses: yep, it'll be a "Paris Sell-Out" indeed!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 25, 2006 15:36

If I win the On Stage tickets, then I'll give my two FOS tickets away!

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: July 25, 2006 15:41

I got a FOS for Koln and it was prety much a sell out. Igot it at about 1300 hrsBut i was there for 3 hrs looking.

Date: July 25, 2006 16:11

At least Ticketnet is advertising for the show on its front page. To be accurate it is for the OnStage : 350.€ . I noticed that Madonna VIP Package sells at € 468.50.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 25, 2006 16:34

Paris On Stage is 100 euro cheaper than Cologne...

Date: July 25, 2006 17:09

You are right but the FX to the € was 1 € = 6.55957 French Franc = 2 DM.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: July 25, 2006 17:26

According to a reliable source (France Billet assistant) at the end of last week, 15,000 tickets were unsold for the Paris concert on a total of 75,000.
For the Nice august show, 12,000 unsold tickets on a total of 47,000.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-25 17:27 by Massimo68.

Date: July 25, 2006 17:45

To me, Paris is 80.000.

What i heard was about 10.000 tickets unsold, because of the stupid replacement date they chose.

It'd have been smarter to put the show on one of Paris' hippodromes right after Milan (i.e. at least 1 week earlier) instead of waiting for the stadium to be available. Paris is getting empty these days.

Date: July 25, 2006 18:44

Sorry, but I don't trust the reliable source who she/he is and whatever her/his professionalism. All I know is that : a) Stadium capacity : 79,800. b) Ticketnet unsold : 4,000. For Nice : a) Stadium capacity: 47,000. b) Ticketnet unsold : 5,000. By the way, I looked at the weather forecast, temperature should drop significantly by Friday ( 21° C).

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 25, 2006 19:02

Even maybe rain...

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: July 25, 2006 19:07

phd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry, but I don't trust the reliable source who
> she/he is and whatever her/his professionalism.
> All I know is that : a) Stadium capacity : 79,800.
> b) Ticketnet unsold : 4,000. For Nice : a) Stadium
> capacity: 47,000. b) Ticketnet unsold : 5,000. By
> the way, I looked at the weather forecast,
> temperature should drop significantly by Friday (
> 21° C).

I know that in France you have two different sales system for concerts --> Tickenet and France Billet.
So, your unsold numbers are only for Tickenet.
Don't forget to add the France Billet unsold tickets and the tickets allotment for the direct sell at the gates on friday. And you'll be agree with the numbers given to me by the FB assistant.
And I guess that the capacity 79,800 is for football. The Bigger Bang stage is very huge as I saw it in Milano (many unsoldable seats) and the B-stage takes also many room on the field.
75,000 is the capacity for the Stones.

Date: July 25, 2006 19:19

Storms the day before and some fresh air for the show.
No rain, but clouds. Once again, it depends on the forecasts...

Date: July 25, 2006 19:54

I only agree to the fact that there is 2 channels. a) I also attended Milano. The stage is, to me, not bigger than Licks or No Security in terms of space occupancy. Certainly higher, for VIP bucks. The map coincide with the one of NS or Licks b) Seated places should be roughly 60,000. GA + FOS : 20,000. FOS : 4,000. GA : 16,000. FOS is sold out. TN GA unsold : 3,000. FB GA unsold ( Hp). Thus, global unsold GA : 6,000 ==> 1/3 unsold GA. Sorry, but I still don't believe that. If I am wrong I will offer you with great pleasure the CD I just won from AE !!!!

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: July 26, 2006 10:55

Whatever amount of tickets is sold, the Stones are still getting their guaranteed amount. It's the promoter who takes a "bath" so to speak.
If there is more room to move around in amongst 60,000 plus, who cares?
By the way, the stage is taking up no more room than Voodoo Lounge, Licks or Steel Wheels. It still fits the same width and length-wise in all football stadiums. That is a minimum requirement that the stage designer has to adhere.
You'll enjoy the show no matter where you sit! If you are in FOS, you will enjoy it just a little more.

Date: July 26, 2006 12:33

Of course this will be a great show by the boys who are in town. Just to let you know that aside the Parking Lots, OnStage is sold out at Ticketnet !!!!Also,just checked at this site, unsold GA dropped to 2,000 from 3,000 yesterday . This means that global unsold at TN is today 3,000. I still bet we gonna reach 74,000 ( 80,000 - 6,000 ). Not bad for a desert city.

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: July 26, 2006 13:02

Sell out... sell out... Such a highly overrated concept... ;-)

Can't wait... tomorrow we leave!

Here is my prediction, coloured by a little hope here and there, but not too much... (I will not include Worried About You, because of Gazza's remarks on Streets Of Love/falcetto singing.)

1 - Jumpin' Jack Flash
2 - It's Only Rock'n Roll
3 - Oh No Not You Again
4 - All Down The Line
5 - As Tears Go By
6 - Streets Of Love
7 - Monkey Man
8 - Tumbling Dice
9 - Midnight Rambler
Introductions
10 - Slipping Away - Keith
11 - Before They Make Me Run - Keith
12 - Miss You - to Bstage
13 - Heartbreaker - Bstage
14 - Street Fighting Man - Bstage
15 - HTW - back to main stage
16 - Sympathy
17 - Out Of Control
18 - Rough Justice
19 - Brown Sugar
20 - Satisfaction

So no Sway, I'm afraid. As a less known song I think Monkey Man works better for the crowd. Can add it of course, but I'm going for three surprises: Heartbreaker, Out Of Control and Monkey Man. It is too much, I know. But I would loooove it though.
I think they will do some shifts here and there, compared with the german shows. Build a new structure for the coming series of shows, starting in Paris. The other setlists were great too, so if they continue the German model, it is fine with me.

We'll see. Tralala Sur le pelouse de Saint Denis, l'on y danse, l'on y danse... tralala

Jelle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-27 10:36 by sluissie.

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: July 26, 2006 20:34

ticketnet fr Cat 4 now 2071 left.

Thats a bit of a jump!!!.

Or are they playing games

Date: July 26, 2006 21:58

It's been this since this morning. Of course, they are playing games. Everybody knows it in Paris, it's a rampant rumor , " secret de polichinelle " that the Stadium is half empty, i.e. 40,000 tix sold. As I was driving home, a nice woman at a crossroad knocked at my window. Of course, I opened it. I was a little bit disappointed as she told me : " I am appointed by RS Corp. and Ticketnet. Could you please buy me a ticket for Friday 28th. We have tens of thousands which we can't get rid of, even at 50 % face value. If I do not sell 10 tonight,I gonna be fired." So, I bought her 2 tickets. She then smiled : " Thank you. We are on target. Mr.Cohl will be satisfied, Stadium is half full."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1434
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home