Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Most grossing tour ever question
Posted by: MegaWatts ()
Date: July 23, 2006 15:26

Do you know what tour was the most grossing ever in the history of R'n'R? I believe it has to be either The Stones or U2 but I'm not sure.

Re: Most grossing tour ever question
Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: July 23, 2006 15:27

THIS tour.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: July 23, 2006 18:12

It bloody better be with the ticket prices...

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 23, 2006 19:48

Grossing is in the air. For example tonight on French TV Channel , there is a documentary which title is : Business play-boys. 3 persons are in scope : Omar Harfouch, king of medias, Richard Branson and Mick Jagger. For Mick, the pre-comment is : how MJ has succeeded in making the Rolling Stones the most profitable business in music ? I personnaly do not care of $ or €, but on audience, even if there is a direct link between those 2. I believe if they do as rumored in the US , Canada and SA, and finally tour Europe in 2007, they should reach BTB record in terms of audience. For legacy.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 23, 2006 23:01

I think the Stones, Floyd and U2 dominate the top 10 spots. I think a better measurement of a tour's success should be by the paid attendance. If the Steel Wheels tour charged as much per ticket as subsequent tours, it would probably be the biggest of all time.

I think the Steel Wheels/ Urban Jungle tour drew the most attendance wise?

Date: July 23, 2006 23:06

As far as I know,Voodoo Lounge was the most attended tour - more shows than Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 23, 2006 23:12

this IS a gross tour....

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: July 23, 2006 23:13

yes, at the begining of the licks tour there was an article in "fourtune" magazine about it, and the top grossing tour of all time was Voodoo Lounge. I dont think anything has topped it since.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 23, 2006 23:26

this tour will eventually outgross all others, although thats more to do with inflated ticket prices than anything else

In 'real' terms, attendance wise, the biggest tour of all time by anyone was the Voodoo Lounge tour.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 24, 2006 10:54

Melbourne Age 24 July 2006

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MegaWatts ()
Date: July 24, 2006 11:13

thanks for all the info

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: July 24, 2006 13:38

I guess Billboard magazine may have answered your question. Here's the artice from [www.billboard.com]

Rolling Stones Lead Mid-Year Tour Figures

July 21, 2006, 12:40 PM ET

Ray Waddell, Nashville
Touring is a global business and the Rolling Stones are, predictably, the top touring band in the world for the first half of 2006. Based on figures reported to Billboard Boxscore from Nov. 1, 2005, through mid-May, the Stones' Bigger Bang tour, produced by Michael Cohl, reported $147.3 million in grosses from 45 shows in U.S. arenas and international stadiums.

While it's doubtful U2 would have passed its elder brethren, the band, which is at second for the mid-year, would have improved its already hefty take of $73 million for the period had it not postponed dates because of a family illness. As reported today, those shows have been rescheduled for later this year.

Bon Jovi is the third-highest-grossing act for the period, reporting more than $65 million and 866,873 in attendance, selling out 54 of 57 shows. Rounding out the top 10 are Billy Joel ($47.4 million), Cirque du Soleil's Delirium ($38.7 million), Aerosmith ($35 million), Coldplay ($29 million), Luis Miguel ($25 million), Trans Siberian Orchestra ($24 million), and Paul McCartney ($17.6 million).

In general, the touring industry is maintaining a healthy pace. Gross dollars for January-June 2006 are up 24.6% from the same period last year, driven mostly by the tours cited above. High ticket prices help boost the increase, however, because attendance is up just 5.4%.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 24, 2006 14:18

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1810
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home