Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

the story behind IORR
Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: July 22, 2006 19:17

hey bv, whats the story behind IORR? what made u decide to start a messageboard for stones fans? when did it start?

Re: the story behind IORR
Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: July 22, 2006 19:21

Yeah right. Like he's going to respond to that one!

That's like asking Superman, Batman or StonesTod why they became superheroes!

Good Luck...

Posted by: bartfrombrussels ()
Date: July 22, 2006 19:51

To get backstage passes maybe?

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 22, 2006 19:57

mttlacroix Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hey bv, whats the story behind IORR? what made u
> decide to start a messageboard for stones fans?
> when did it start?

Sometimes I forget how really great this R&R tune really is!!!Those lyrics...mannn...insane!!!The Chuck Berry song...berry never wrote!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 22, 2006 20:50

IORR the fan club was started November 1980, in Norwegian language. When I attended the Wembley shows 1982 and realized friends there did not have a clue about set lists, songs, where they go, what they do and so on, I changed IORR into English language. Now it is the oldest running international fan club still alive and kicking.

As my profession is internet I got IORR on the web in 1996 i.e. it is now 10 years ago. IORR is not a message board. It is a web site which also do include forum pages. The most important part of IORR is the web site itself. These days it is on top of google because of the high volume and the contents. Around half a million people visit by every month now. The forum is more exclusive. A few thousand people may post here.

Some people think I make a fortune out of IORR but it is non-profit. The web is free and I pay for the serveres and do the work. With the great help from hundreds of contacts made over the past 35 years of course. With the high volume on IORR it would be great to put some ads here to make some money but it will never happen. The magazine is non-profit where the subscription is paying for the cost of photos, printing and mailing. It's been going on for 26 years now still counting. One day I will wrap mit up and take a real rest but it is sort of competiotion now. Who is wrapping up first. I am not ready to call it quits yet. But there are times when the psychos on internet are testing my pations. Good news are my patience is almost unlimited. Almost.

Bjornulf

Date: July 22, 2006 21:05

Thanks,I like IORR.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: July 22, 2006 21:07

Thanks Bjornulf - I remember my first Stones related web surfing, probably 1996 or 1997, was on this same site.

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: July 22, 2006 21:11

Hi BV!
Yes I've noticed some creeps giving the site and you a hard time. You don't deserve it! You deserve THANKS and a medal.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 22, 2006 21:12

THanks for the IORR pages, BV.
I've been here from 97 or so, too. It took some years to sign in though.

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: July 22, 2006 21:19

Hi Bv!!
It´s Only Rock n Roll ,But I like it, yes I do

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: July 22, 2006 21:24

Hi BV, I was at those Wembley shows as well. Small world. Congratulations on the Stones No1 site. Much better than their own.

Date: July 22, 2006 21:32

The best indeed!!Only thing missing ,is the radio dj stones or Stones related music..kind of radiothing ....I wish you would do that to!!!We have '''Rock""All that talent...present at the board!!

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: July 22, 2006 21:39

The best and most comprehensive site on the net dedicated to a rock n' roll band. Really well thought out.

Congratulations and thanks to BV!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 22, 2006 21:40

Remember Wembley 1982 like it was yesterday. Closing out with "Land Of Hope And Glory" as we walked out of the stadium. Every time I hear it reminds me of the show and that tour being over for me. But I got to see them again and again at Wembley Stadium. All 12 in fact. A great pleasure.

Bjornulf

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: July 22, 2006 21:41

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
But
> there are times when the psychos on internet are
> testing my pations.

thanks for the 'shout-out'!

Posted by: Keith70 ()
Date: July 22, 2006 21:41

Thnks BV for ths great site...
I read every day IORR since 4 or 5 years...
Thanks from Italy...

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: July 22, 2006 22:14

ben a great stones ride so far , tanks bv

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: July 22, 2006 22:19

I remember seeing those Wembley shows because I was afraid it might be my last chance to see them. LOL. IMO that original Wembley stadium was unique. It held some historic gigs there. Oh, and some football.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 23, 2006 00:51

Great site. Thanks. MOST posters are great.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 23, 2006 01:49

Great site, I first posted here in 1998 with other nick. I had like 4 or 5 different names here and the current and definitive (from 2002) is the worst of all, Lol.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 23, 2006 04:01

Thanks BV for giving us all a home...much appreciated..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: July 23, 2006 05:38

My first Wembley was 1964, Oxford v Cambridge, it was an annual event, don't recall who won. Do they still have them?

Posted by: JoeHill ()
Date: July 23, 2006 07:18

It is a great and wonderful site and your effort allowing us nuts in is greatly appreciated!!! A great place and one of the best on the internet!!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 23, 2006 09:11

When you're finally ready to hang it up BV. I mean when you're sick and tired of it, do you think you will sell the IORR page on to someone who do want to continue it for you, or is IORR too much of your "baby" to do that?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: bartfrombrussels ()
Date: July 23, 2006 10:26

Dear webmaster, we have something in common. My first stones concert was also on june 25th 1982 in Wembley.

Posted by: MegaWatts ()
Date: July 23, 2006 10:28

The site is great.BV rocks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1473
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home