Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones playing Regina on Oct. 8
Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: July 20, 2006 15:29

It's a go!

The Rolling Stones, the world's greatest rock and roll band, will play Regina's Mosaic Stadium on Oct. 8, sources have confirmed with the Leader-Post.

[www.canada.com]

Re: Rolling Stones playing Regina on Oct. 8
Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 20, 2006 17:44

80 tractor-trailers needed !!! Impressive.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: July 20, 2006 19:21

The article mentions a press conference will be held in Germany early next week to announce the dates. It seems all of our questions about the fall North American leg will be answered. My guess is that would be on either Sunday prior to the Cologne show or on Monday, as I would not expect them to stay on in Germany past then having 4 days off prior to the St. Denis, France show.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: July 20, 2006 23:32

I love canadian newspapers, they all seem to love the stones, and they get so excited it just seems to rub off on you when you read it!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: July 21, 2006 02:40

I'm hearing the annoucements will be made on Monday the 24th.

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: July 21, 2006 07:48

Great fun to read on article with so many details - finally! Hope this holds up.

Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: July 21, 2006 08:33

the stones hate the cold - forgetaboutit

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 21, 2006 09:06

Couple things to point out from the news article. This stadium used to be called Taylor Field until a couple weeks ago when a local company paid for naming rights. It refers to two Grey Cup games being played. Grey Cup is the championship game for the Canadian Football League (our Superbowl)!
I would think the weather will still be fairly mild in early October. It now seems that the Stones will have been the biggest concerts ever for most of the Canadian provinces. I think the only possible exception is when Pink Floyd played 3 shows at Olympic Stadium in Montreal 1994.

I'm just wondering now what venue they'll play in Vancouver? BC Place stadium or GM Place arena just across the street. I'll definitely be there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1705
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home