Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Berlin
Posted by: mjol ()
Date: July 17, 2006 19:29

Just two days before leaving from Berlin, so just some questions for my preperations.. smiling smiley

Anyone know of any pre-/post-show parties in Berlin?
Anyone going to the Tim Ries Project at Quasimodo ?
For those you who went to Milan and Vienna (and Hannover..) - when is the best time to arrive at the venue to get good FOS positions without having to be stuck there for too many hours before the concert...

- mjOL

Re: Berlin
Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 17, 2006 20:07

In Milan, the FOS was huge. Thus you could arrive 5 mn before the show and be close to both the stage and the catwalk. I do not know if the size will be the same in Berlin. Anyway, it's great to feel the atmosphere of a stadium and the tense mounting up, up,up.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: July 17, 2006 20:23

Does anyone know of any German newspaper with last nights show write up? I bought 3 with not a single word.

Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: July 17, 2006 20:27

I'm going to the Quasimodo! (Wasn't that where Christiane F from "Wir Kinder im Bahnhof Zoo" attended a David Bowie concert - in the movie, I mean?). Theres an art show that Stones-fans ought to see...

Found this on IORR:
The work of the artist Olga Stozhar, born in 1966 in St. Petersburg (Russia) and living since 1997 in New York and Berlin, is dealing with the history of rock music. Now she is presenting a fantastic project including 100 paintings over 100 songs of the Rolling Stones. The paintings were made with acryl on canvas in a size between 100cm-250cm during the past years.

There will be a book assembling these pictures, published by the famous artbook Edition Braus in the Wachter publishing house. The book will have a size of 22 x 24,5 cm and 200 pages. Its price will be about 40 euros on the bookmarket. The presentation of the book and the opening of the exhibition will be on 20th of July - a day before the concert in Berlin.

Because of the high potential of the topic, the publishing house will produce a special edition of 500 books – attached by a originally signed graphic, serially numbered and exclusively signed by the artist.

Art Center Berlin Friedrichstraße 134 GmbH
Friedrichstraße 134 · 10117 Berlin
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Tyllack
Telefon: +49 (0) 30 / 27 87 90 20
Telefax: +49 (0) 30 / 27 87 90 29
E-mail: info@art-center-berlin.de
www.art-center-berlin.de

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 17, 2006 21:36

No pre-show gatherings seem to have been arranged formally, but a few of us have decided to meet up here at this bar in the Wilmersdorf area, which is in the south-west of the city and a short subway ride from the stadium;

[www.garcon-cafconc.de]

nearest U-bahn stations are Fehrbelliner Platz and Blissestrasse on the U7 line.

It'd be nice to see a few of you there.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: July 18, 2006 00:20

@jagger 50
Tabloid papers like BILD had pics and articles. You should find articles in the "serious" papers tomorrow.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 18, 2006 00:51

I would expect all FOS in Germany to be the same as Munich i.e. small and nice like on previous tours, and not like the large ones in Milan and Vienna. See my separate post on the FOS.

Bjornulf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2310
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home