Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ON STAGE
Posted by: nano ()
Date: July 17, 2006 01:41

Has anybody seen a show on stage, Is it worth to pay so much money for this kind of ticket?

Re: ON STAGE
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 17, 2006 10:12

It would be a nice experience of course but not for 450€ IMO. I must say that I didn't see a show from on stage though but it seems to me that FOS tickets are better.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 17, 2006 10:48

I was waiting for some feedback from people who had done it...I was in Milan and it seemed to me that FOS was better...But as an experience I'll try it in Cologne. I hope that the 450€ will be worth it.

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: July 17, 2006 11:52

I will be in Valladolid. Some people on this board (http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,477568) have said to me that it is worth if you have already seen the concert in other places (e.g., Fos). They have also told me that box number 4-5 is a good one. I have FOS for El Ejido, and Onstage for Valladolid.

Posted by: barking paul ()
Date: July 17, 2006 12:55

Just stop for a minute, and think of what you could do with 450 euros.

For me it bought me a flight from London to Milan, 1 nights hotel in a 3* hotel, spending/sightseeing money for the best part of 2 days and a great 1st tier ticket for the Stones last week.

My impression of the 'on-stage' tickets is that after the initial wow factor of seeing a huge crowd of people looking towards you, then you'll probably get pretty frustrated with a side/rear view of the band. Mick played up a bit to the on stage crowd during the first couple of numbers at the San Siro, but from then on faced out front. I'd guess you'd see very little of the b-stage action.

The 'on-stage' tickets should be for competition winners only. A waste of money.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: July 17, 2006 13:17

I won onstage tickets for the Munich show yesterday. I wouldn't have bought them because IMO they're much too expensive. All in all, it was a nice experience seeing the Stones relatively close withoutwaiting the whole long day before the gates. The sound was lala but the view over the crowd was amazing.

On the other hand, if you pay more than 500 Euro for standing at a railing without any services but getting water and juice, and being constantly watched and warned by security people it's a joke. Don't do this and don't do that - but you're welcome to pay much money!!! At least,. we got a shirt and tour programme - thanks anyway.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: July 17, 2006 14:13

You will never get a perfect answer.
If you have the money and/or, been to enough shows in the FoS area and/or, just want to see it from "almost" their view with terrible sound and/or etc etc.
It was 33/33/33 (.3) duing the US tour. Never again/Fun once/Loved it.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: July 17, 2006 14:20

I was yesterday onstage,due to my win,and i liked it.the sound was very good, better than expected.the view was ok.the best thing was, to see all the technic and the stage from other side.incredible experience. if it is 450 euros worth (in usa they were around 50-60 usd), thats a hard question. if you have 450€ left (who has this amount in this days?), i would recommend this experience,especially you are interested in those stage things(technique...). if you wanna see the show, i would recommend fos tix or innenraum near the bstage.
so i missed yesterday the lightshow...,but i have another ticket for stuttgard to view the show "normally".
all in all , do it or don´t do it :-)

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: FoolToCry ()
Date: July 17, 2006 14:32

i was in munich, too!!
i gave you a wink from the b-stage section!!!!
did you meet mick & co?? or anything special?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: July 17, 2006 14:35

TeleK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> in usa they were around 50-60 usd

They were $250, except for one or two boxes that were $75, for some reason.

Date: July 17, 2006 15:00

i saw you fooltocry:-)
no i didnt met anybody from the band.but it was a incredible day.we arrived at 3oclock and nobody knew that we won or anything about the contest.we were guided from every ticket box to the vip entrance .this took all in all 4 hours . thanks to rs.com. getting angry ,we met a very nice road or stage manager,who gave a call and five minutes later we had our tickets. she said , she felt sorry for the mess up.then we enetered finally the onstage lounge ,where we got an free cocktail.there also was a barroom, where i ordered some weißbier.than around 7:30 we got our introduction to onstage.takin no cams...,no alcohol up onstage....furthermore they mentioned teh whole show was recorded by zdf and will be broadcasted next months. then we were splitted in our groups. i had upper right.then we walked to the stage. we went to the tunnel and saw the whole stadium with all these crazy fans.incredible view.then we were guided backstage to the stairs. i saw all the technic.when we arrived our box the view was incredible. never expected to see anything like this.the view was imo very good. we saw everybody on stage.sure the lower level might have been greater , but hey i won my ticket so i don´t complain.our hostess gave us the whole concert free drinks (water,juice).when the show began i trembled with excitement. never seen anything like this before.hu great. then during sympathy the stage manager gave us all setlists. never expected this.when the show was over ,we had to wait for an moment, before we were guided back to the onstage lounge,where we got some presents: tourbook,tshirt and a kind of backstage pass.
afetr this i was so done,today i began to realize what a great experience yesterday was.
to the show:
the sound in my box was terrific,high volume,great mix.
sure the setlist is rather common, but i was and i am glad to see the stones yesterday. imo they were on heat.a lot of people in fos and innenraum had inflatable palms with them :-) great view.i took some pictures ( yes i succeded in getting in my camera(in my pants,we werent scanned)), but i had to take care that the bored security dont see me and my cam. unfortunately most of the pics taken with my cam are a little wiggly.but i have some really good ones on my mobile phone. soon as i get my cable back, i will post the picks here.

ok my next and last show this year will be stuttgard. cu there in fos
have a nice day cu soon

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: July 17, 2006 15:06

Good story TeleK, congratulations. Did they give tour programs to those that weren't winners?.

Date: July 17, 2006 15:08

all got the same presents.
i got the "old" tour shirt ,with all the cancelled dates on it.

Date: July 17, 2006 15:10

by the way i believe i saw Roadster32 fromm iorr onstage. maybe he was it maybe not. but the guy had the same tattoo

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 17, 2006 15:11

Thanx for the enthusiastic report
sure sounds like a great experience at short notice.
after all the trouble of cancelled shows, you surely deserved it.
looking forward to your pics

Date: July 17, 2006 15:13

TeleK,
Will have your box photo up soon...
Just having some problems with uploading now.

TE
Oslo

Date: July 17, 2006 15:23

pics removed to this threat
[www.iorr.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-17 15:53 by TeleK.

Posted by: Hurriganes ()
Date: July 17, 2006 15:38

TeleK Wrote:
> our hostess gave us the whole concert free drinks

And we were watching this web cam here... you lucky bastard ;-)

Thanks for the review&pics.

Date: July 17, 2006 15:42

[www.scandibar.com]

Haven't re-sized them, way too lazy to link them up, etc etc.
TeleK, you might be at the "34"
Should also have read the manual before starting shooting, but ok'ish for a first night with that mobile.

TE
Oslo

Date: July 17, 2006 15:51

thanks te for the incredible pics.great.
on pic 34 i am visible

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 17, 2006 16:27

Thanks for the great pics, both of you.

what mobile is it, you used, TE?

thats the kind of hardware reviews I like and all I need.
"can it take good pictures of the Stones?" yep
"can you make phone call?" yep

ok winking smiley

Date: July 17, 2006 17:22

open-g,
Had the phone for a week now and I must laugh when I look at the "call list". 49 seconds in one week calling-time. But it works that way as well.
It's the Sony Ericsson K800I. It was worse to get used to than the 750 but just amazing when you get used to it (I haven't, but a few shows coming up to learn...). Promise better pics in Berlin - maybe

TE
Oslo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-17 19:30 by TE.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: July 17, 2006 19:03

TeleK Wrote:
> by the way i believe i saw Roadster32 fromm iorr
> onstage. maybe he was it maybe not. but the guy
> had the same tattoo

yes it's true i've been there. won the tickets during waiting.

Date: July 17, 2006 19:05

right upper level,box 1,2,or 3?

great show,wasn´t it?

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: July 17, 2006 19:27

right upper level box 15 (the nearst box to the screen)
Ronnies side

Date: July 17, 2006 22:14

i was in 11 right upper

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2026
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home